PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anybody mad at this probably isnt working corporate. The most work I ever did was serving food. Every white collar gig has required way more self-motivation because the workloads are not that strenuous. Yea it comes with bullshyt but if you prioritize your time right, your day can very much look like this.

Sales cycles ebb and flow. The beginning of the quarter when deals close I could just be doing prep work or nothing. After November for example shyt may go crazy since it's the end of the fiscal year and budgets open up, etc so that means new leads and renewals.

Anton

All Star
Daps
Anybody mad at this probably isnt working corporate. The most work I ever did was serving food. Every white collar gig has required way more self-motivation because the workloads are not that strenuous. Yea it comes with bullshyt but if you prioritize your time right, your day can very much look like this.

the people that make these videos are mostly interns or new grads who are spoiled with useless perks and mostly want to show off rather than paint a realistic picture of how miserable working corporate can be.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
At what point does this tech salary bubble crash

I understand the engineers and people who put time into learning coding and algorithms but does her job include any of that? I just don’t get how she gets paid such an exorbitant amount at a young age doing this.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At what point does this tech salary bubble crash

I understand the engineers and people who put time into learning coding and algorithms but does her job include any of that? I just don’t get how she gets paid such an exorbitant amount at a young age doing this.
I'm going to guess she's probably showing "a good, relaxing day". There are probably days where's she's grinding or she's new and hasn't ran into them yet.

Some companies there is a lot of onboarding where people are supposed to sit back and learn before they start putting in the real work and contributing. If she's new, that's probably what she's showing to kind of flex.

On average, PM positions are absolutely difficult to get into, especially at FAANG. More chances than not she went through a pretty dense interview cycle and proved she is capable. If you look on her LInkedin she seems very well accomplished and has her own personal business ventures.

PM's in many ways are like mini-CEO's: they're responsible for a whole lot and making sure things are in order on their team. She has to collaborate with design, other product teams, engineering teams, etc. Most PM's are type-A, move mountains to get things done type of personalities. You and your product team brainstorm something like a new feature, then you go about putting it together.

Last edited:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Electrical Engineers and other forms of traditional engineering and STEM are going extinct, which is crazy.

If you want someone to blame, blame those old industries because they still don't pay their employees right still put them through old-school "work 55 hours/week" schedules.

People are leaving their own industries to join tech because those industries are still stuck in the 1990's: work hard, grind everyday, all day mentality for chump change mentality.

When those industries decide to make a change, balance will be restored and everybody can chill. Can't blame the tech industry or expect it to change.

Interestingly enough, EE and CS curriculums aren't that massively different. Alot of colleges have an EECS department that lumps electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science together in the same dept. There is a lot of overlap and shared courses between the 3. So just a few classes really separate the majors, but the differences in salaries and job opportunities can be massive.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Interestingly enough, EE and CS curriculums aren't that massively different. Alot of colleges have an EECS department that lumps electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science together in the same dept. There is a lot of overlap and shared courses between the 3. So just a few classes really separate the majors, but the differences in salaries and job opportunities can be massive.
Yup, some replies from that post: many EE's have moved into the software world because of the pay.

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
I'm going to guess she's probably showing "a good, relaxing day". There are probably days where's she's grinding or she's new and hasn't ran into them yet.

Some companies there is a lot of onboarding where people are supposed to sit back and learn before they start putting in the real work and contributing. If she's new, that's probably what she's showing to kind of flex.

PM positions are absolutely difficult to get into, especially at FAANG, so more chances than not she went through a pretty dense interview cycle and proved she is capable. If you look on her LInkedin she seems very well accomplished and has her own personal business ventures.

PM's in many ways are like mini-CEO's: they're responsible for a whole lot and making sure things are in order on their team. She has to collaborate with design, other product teams, engineering teams, etc. Most PM's are type-A, move mountains to get things done type of personalities.
Thanks for explaining. I’m way less jealous of her job now.

Had me heated knowing I’m gonna be working this blue collar job out in the cold soon :sadcam:

Anton

All Star
Daps

On average, PM positions are absolutely difficult to get into, especially at FAANG. More chances than not she went through a pretty dense interview cycle and proved she is capable. If you look on her LInkedin she seems very well accomplished and has her own personal business ventures.

PM's in many ways are like mini-CEO's: they're responsible for a whole lot and making sure things are in order on their team. She has to collaborate with design, other product teams, engineering teams, etc. Most PM's are type-A, move mountains to get things done type of personalities. You and your product team brainstorm something like a new feature, then you go about putting it together.
how come you never see mid-level or seniors making these type of videos