PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
With all your tech bro MERIT, you should be able to diagnose the issue just by looking at it.
It's either the URL colliding with the Coli censor features, like with my Bernie Mac Nasty bytch gif
Or it's the photo format (png)
Don't matter, I got the pic up if you wanna go back and check.
Diagnosing code isn’t my skillset breh. :umad:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"​

this FBA breh is an anomaly ( no cac voice)

what kind of nikka from atlanta watches formula 1 :wtf:

My friend from Mobile that works at Google has the most southern drawl you can think of.

I know a black woman also at Google who is global head of their women in tech recruiting program.

I went to college with both of them.

Stop watching Youtube and talk to people.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Can’t even post a pic, I can see why you’re mad they won’t hire you. :mjlol:
Y'all got Tech Bro tight.
774263968.jpg

"The only people who have ever been racist to me are Black people!"

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
not saying it's impossible... but they like to hire nikkas that act and sound like cacs...

Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"​

I've been seeing your responses ITT and jfc breh, it seems like you need to learn how to network and code switch :manny:

A good friend of mine, this wicked up, born and bred FBA breh from Louisiana works for three startups at home all because he taught himself javascript and lord knows what else years back; he's 30-sumn with a big ass house in Dallas rn, stacking :ufdup:

There's plenty of brehs, especially ones who got out of the military, I've noticed, in tech/IT

Also, Formula 1 is one of the most popular sports in the world; 300 million views per race

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Went to an Ivy League school? Sure.
Smart as shyt? Debatable.
If she was smart, she wouldn't have done this video.
Nor would she presented herself as such an airheaded slacker in the video.

She didn't get hired fresh out of school for six figures because she was the best and the brightest.
She more than likely got the hook up.

Cacs have built their legacy on the hook up.
Ehh, that’s just what these jobs pay. It’s not about the hookup. It’s did you go to a target school and could you pass the interview (which is a pretty hard process, especially for for product management roles, in general, but especially straight out of college as most entry level PM roles go to people with a few years of experience).

Taco

All Star
Daps
Your perception might not be the same as her peers. Again, I see nothing wrong with the video.

You have no clue what she’s been hired for but more often than not, people hired out of undergrad to these companies are well accomplished, interview well, and have put themselves in a good position

The belief that someone can’t get into Meta on merit shows your own cynicism. Stay mad if you want. :manny:
Don’t even try. Some of these guys are locked into some toxic echo chambers all day on thecoli and wonder why there lives haven’t changed. Insanity.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Ehh, that’s just what these jobs pay. It’s not about the hookup. It’s did you go to a target school and could you pass the interview (which is a pretty hard process, especially for for product management roles, in general, but especially straight out of college as most entry level PM roles go to people with a few years of experience).
Not doubting that what these positions pay.
Maybe she interned.
I have friends in tech.
I'm in corporate Amerykah.
We just have a tendency to assume that these young cacs professionals did everything right.
It's a coin toss if that's actually the case, though.
I've seen a group of unqualified friends passing mgmt positions to each other like a joint.
The hook up is ever present.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
not saying it's impossible... but they like to hire nikkas that act and sound like cacs...

one, that’s not true, I have plenty of regular black friends who work at these companies, and me and a couple real town business ass homies work at them too

Two, on the part of “white blacks” being hired, you’d understand there’s a selection bias when these companies hire mainly from the top schools, there’s a disproportionate number of black students who grew up around cacs or went to to white high schools prior to college and end up hanging out with white people in college. Of course you’re going to end up with a lot of white washed blacks when that makes up 2/3 of the black candidate pool.

Lastly, “real black” people need to know how to play the game, unfortunately. You gotta know how to connect with and make white folks feel comfortable during the interview process, then you can re-black yourself once hired…is it fair? Nah, but you can either sit on the outside and complain about not getting in, or play the game to get in. I’m my average self at work, but during interviews I tap into all that white shyt I’ve been exposed to in college and the workplace to find ways to build rapport. Play the game

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Don’t even try. Some of these guys are locked into some toxic echo chambers all day on thecoli and wonder why there lives haven’t changed. Insanity.
This is the shyt I'm seeing. You're getting upset about the perception of certain people but then you come back and make similar assumptions.
Because there's a difference of perspective, they must be a dusty basement dwelling ghetto prisoner.
:mjpls:

Taco

All Star
Daps
This is the shyt I'm seeing. You're getting upset about the perception of certain people but then you come back and make similar assumptions.
Because there's a difference of perspective, they must be a dusty basement dwelling ghetto prisoner.
:mjpls:
That’s what you got from that huh?

Ladies and gentleman exhibit A ^^^^^^

You typed the bolded. I never said anything about a ghetto prisoner. I’ll admit I’ve done time tho :manny:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Didn’t some Twitter worker do the same thing? Stop doing this. It gives a scumbag like Elon Musk more support

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
one, that’s not true, I have plenty of regular black friends who work at these companies, and me and a couple real town business ass homies work at them too

Two, on the part of “white blacks” being hired, you’d understand there’s a selection bias when these companies hire mainly from the top schools, there’s a disproportionate number of black students who grew up around cacs or went to to white high schools prior to college and end up hanging out with white people in college. Of course you’re going to end up with a lot of white washed blacks when that makes up 2/3 of the black candidate pool.

Lastly, “real black” people need to know how to play the game, unfortunately. You gotta know how to connect with and make white folks feel comfortable during the interview process, then you can re-black yourself once hired…is it fair? Nah, but you can either sit on the outside and complain about not getting in, or play the game to get in. I’m my average self at work, but during interviews I tap into all that white shyt I’ve been exposed to in college and the workplace to find ways to build rapport. Play the game
Giving yall free game. :wow: