PAWG Product Manager at Facebook showcases average day in her 6-figure tech job

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Ultimately working with these types of people and correcting yourself for white acceptance at a job isn't my arena, I rather continue my side business plan and hopes to match that level of income on my own or die trying .

Also I work IT corporate,,,, those silicon valley corporate CAC shyt is thanos level of CAC shyt ,,, :mjlol:those people are different

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Electrical Engineers and other forms of traditional engineering and STEM are going extinct, which is crazy.

If you want someone to blame, blame those old industries because they still don't pay their employees right still put them through old-school "work 55 hours/week" schedules.

People are leaving their own industries to join tech because those industries are still stuck in the 1990's: work hard, grind everyday, all day mentality for chump change mentality.

When those industries decide to make a change, balance will be restored and everybody can chill. Can't blame the tech industry or expect it to change.

From experience, i can point to the fact that engineers 9/10 times are nerds. Very few will rock to boat. I worked at a place with a buncha young engineers, bout 10 of us on the floor, 2 bosses and a secratary

I felt like i was in middleschool. The secretary wouod be staring at me all day to make sure I was working. If i made a phone call at 4:57 shed let me know about it. Its like she trained these kids to be like they in study hall with a hardass teacher.

When i started working there i realized i was the only one who would buck back at her. God forbid one of them did; if they did i wouldnt be in this position.

Frankly i had a hard time working with those people. Ive been pulled aside a few times at 3 diff jobs for my bosses thinkin ima beat up my coworkers for being passive aggressive p*ssys.

Because of all that, its very very hard to get a raise in the industry. Even a lousy 5% every year seems a problem for all of them. You gotta move job to job to get the raise in eng. I went from 45->55->75->85 in like 4 years without licenses or certs. Add those, 150k minimum

But i do consulting now and its way better. 75k for 20hrs a week is nice when i have that much work.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
From experience, i can point to the fact that engineers 9/10 times are nerds. Very few will rock to boat. I worked at a place with a buncha young engineers, bout 10 of us on the floor, 2 bosses and a secratary

I felt like i was in middleschool. The secretary wouod be staring at me all day to make sure I was working. If i made a phone call at 4:57 shed let me know about it. Its like she trained these kids to be like they in study hall with a hardass teacher.

When i started working there i realized i was the only one who would buck back at her. God forbid one of them did; if they did i wouldnt be in this position.

Frankly i had a hard time working with those people. Ive been pulled aside a few times at 3 diff jobs for my bosses thinkin ima beat up my coworkers for being passive aggressive p*ssys.

Because of all that, its very very hard to get a raise in the industry. Even a lousy 5% every year seems a problem for all of them. You gotta move job to job to get the raise in eng. I went from 45->55->75->85 in like 4 years without licenses or certs. Add those, 150k minimum

But i do consulting now and its way better. 75k for 20hrs a week is nice when i have that much work.
Man, that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

That is some next-level gatekeeping for such a tame payout for a STEM major.

Like I said in my original post, if they want to keep their employees from running to other professions, that need to change that old-school culture.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Man, that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

That is some next-level gatekeeping for such a tame payout for a STEM major.

Like I said in my original post, if they want to keep their employees from running to other professions, that need to change that old-school culture.
Bro.. you have no idea. I got stories for days on that place.

I remember the first day, i made a cup of coffee and the secratary came up to me saying i need to pay 20 a month to drink coffee there…

I looked at her. Said ok. Immediately went outside, got in my car and went to 711 and got myself a GOOD coffee for 1$.

I come back in 5 mins later and everyones staring at me. My boss decreed coffee is free the next day…

Mind you my office brought in 3.5-4 mill a year. 8 engineers at say 80k and a secretary/office head lets say 60k. Thats 700k. So my boss was bringing in 3.3-2.7 million to split with his partner.

And just to reiterate being treated like a child. He tried to make it so we learned a new program on our lunch break… and hed buy is a couple slices of pizza each…

Idk why i had to explain that 2 slices of pizza doesnt cover an hour of my time ; ESPECIALLY my lunch. But just the idea he thoughtvthat was sufficient like i was still in 2nd grade and we got excited for pizza parties… what can i say engineers have no social skills.

If it wasnt for learning so much so fast, i woulda left way sooner snd got back to the city where my bosses drank at lunch and i wasnt under a microscope. Just for the fact i know how to talk to strangers, ill always be able to find an EE job but its always a crap shoot on what the office culture gon be.

Rakpo98

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve worked for tech companies in the past, in business development roles. This is a pretty accurate description of office life. It’s cozy and luxurious, as long as you’re doing your work to the best of your abilities. The best of both worlds is the hybrid work lifestyle, where you go into the office 2-3 days a week, and work from home the rest of the week. That’s my setup right now.

I love white collar work. The more you move up the corporate ladder, the less responsibilities you have. Now that I’m a Director, I just chill most of the day, go to BS meetings with the board, and I literally don’t have to do much shopping, since work provides breakfast and lunch. I can workout at the gym in the building too. Life is good :blessed:

Daps
Previous job paid about $88k/year and I legit had multiple days every week where I could play video games all day.

Wake up and do morning meeting, answer emails and send out a little work.

Play Witcher 3, Skyrim etc., until lunch. Hit the gym at lunch and clean up the crib. Back to playing video games, working on side hustles etc. Only my wife knew what was up....never told ANYONE how much free time I had lmao.

Gen Z always gotta tell on themselves. "Hey look at my bank account with the account number and routing number displayed....here's my address....I have no guns and leave the door unlocked. There's $300k in unmarked cash on my front step......I'm a BOSS!!!!! AND also on vacation in some fancy azz place you never heard of. No security at my house!!!!
not saying it's impossible... but they like to hire nikkas that act and sound like cacs...

Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"​

this FBA breh is an anomaly ( no cac voice)

what kind of nikka from atlanta watches formula 1 :wtf:

Most professional Black people can code switch on cue. My voice has too much timbre to sound like a young white dude. Professional and "ethnic"...not cornball and not overly hood. Like a grown breh.

Most brehs I know at work sound the same.

Google probably just wants Negroes that "fit the culture"

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
not saying it's impossible... but they like to hire nikkas that act and sound like cacs...

Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"​

this FBA breh is an anomaly ( no cac voice)

what kind of nikka from atlanta watches formula 1 :wtf:

lol I mean that's his hobby and let's not act like people don't identify with Lewis Hamilton or pay attention to him. idk about the bolded you put, but unless you are white, asian/Indian tech def has a diversity problem and honestly you can say what you and I said and apply them to any company.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\