Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This is not about how popular hockey is. :childplease:

This is about a high profile person who has been caught up with a sexual crime.

Yes ol'boy should be getting more press, especially since the details "biting, scratching" are :huhldup:

Still not of the first page of ESPN. :francis:

Side note: Never thought Marv Albert would still have a career. Do y'all know he was found guilty of sexual assault? Anal raping and biting some broad.

Still working in tv though, wonder why? :mjdrinking:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
This is not about how popular hockey is. :childplease:

This is about a high profile person who has been caught up with a sexual crime.

Yes ol'boy should be getting more press, especially since the details "biting, scratching" are :huhldup:

Still not of the first page of ESPN. :francis:

Side note: Never thought Marv Albert would still have a career. Do y'all know he was found guilty of sexual assault? Anal raping and biting some broad.

Still working in tv though, wonder why? :mjdrinking:
Bruh some of these guys are just acting stupid for the sake of acting stupid.

They just want to downplay the significance of race in how it fuels sports media narratives.

Like someone else in this thread said even in just college football the difference between Winston and mettenberger coverage, AND METTENBERGER PLEADED GULITY TO SEXUAL ASSAULT.

I remember before the georgia/LSU game they were coppin all kinds of pleas for mettenberger about how he was a changed man and learned from his mistakes :mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Bruh some of these guys are just acting stupid for the sake of acting stupid.

They just want to downplay the significance of race in how it fuels sports media narratives.

Like someone else in this thread said even in just college football the difference between Winston and mettenberger coverage, AND METTENBERGER PLEADED GULITY TO SEXUAL ASSAULT.

I remember before the georgia/LSU game they were coppin all kinds of pleas for mettenberger about how he was a changed man and learned from his mistakes
:mjlol:
That's how it always is with CACs...

Meanwhile my man AD takes a happy pic with his son in camp and its all outrage reminding us of what he did to the kid a year ago...

Theyre so blatant with this double standard its fukking disgusting...

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
you just contradicted yourself. :laff:

You can't claim that nobody gives a fukk about the story then try to prove that people give a fukk about the story. :laff:

:dwillhuh:

I can't even tell if you're jumping around all confused because you know you were wrong and are trying to distract or if you're just too dumb to follow an argument.

Ain't one thing I said that was contradicted by those articles. Over a thousand stories are out there, most prominently in Chicago and other spots where they know who Patrick Kane is. Most of those stories that weren't in Chicago/Buffalo/Canada didn't get many clicks because people didn't care. ESPN and other national outlets across the English-speaking world wrote about it, but the stories didn't make money except where people knew hockey, so they don't force the story. That's how the world works.

You claimed that all the stories were saying, "Don't jump to conclusions", and I proved you were wrong with those links posted.

You claimed the mainstream media ignored it, and I proved you wrong with those links posted.

You claimed it was all Chicago/Buffalo local stuff and not mainstream media, and I proved you wrong with over a thousand articles.

And you don't even try to defend the failed claims you made, but make up a pretend contradiction in my argument.

If ESPN WANTED to make this a bigger story they easily could.

Espn has no problem forcing shyt in peoples faces, like Ronda Rousey.

You're naive if you think ESPN really cares about anything other than making money.

You don't know anything if you think ESPN is going to push stories that cost them money and is going to refuse to push stories that would make them money.

They push the stories that get lots of attention and make lots of money. They're not going to push it into people's faces if they're not going to make money on it.

It's only fanboys who think that ESPN has all these secret fandom agendas that make them want to promote someone else's team and not your favorite team, someone else's media hero and not your little media hero.

If you think that the rich guys who own ESPN really gas about who likes who to any degree other than what makes them richer, then you're just their tool, and they'll play off that controversy to get even more attention and make more money.

Last edited:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
You're naive as fukk if you think ESPN really cares about anything other than making money.

They push the stories that get lots of attention and make lots of money. They're not going to push shyt into people's faces if they're not going to make money on it.

This guy keeps proving my points without even knowing he's doing it. :laff:

Damn this is easy :dead:

ESPN knows stories about black athletes fukking up = ratings from jealous insecure white men/feminist who hate black athletes = more $$$ for ESPN. That's why ESPN pushes stories of black athletes fukking up so hard.

They know the public doesn't get as much of a hard on from white athletes fukking up so they don't push stories like this in your face.

Thanks for proving my point. :sas1:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
This guy keeps proving my points without even knowing he's doing it. :laff:

Damn this is easy :dead:

ESPN knows stories about black athletes fukking up = ratings from jealous insecure white men/feminist who hate black athletes = more $$$ for ESPN. That's why ESPN pushes stories of black athletes fukking up so hard.

They know the public doesn't get as much of a hard on from white athletes fukking up so they don't push stories like this in your face.

:sas2:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
ESPN self appointed feminist Michelle Beadle has been quite on this but had no problem being a hypocrite on Mayweather/WWE.

This is the same woman who had a relationship with a colleague ex hockey player Mathew Barnaby who was charged in 2011 with domestic violence.

But Jemelle Hill has not been so silent on this, and to her credit she always has had a problem with Mayweather before it became the thing to do.

ESPN suspended Stephen A on some shyt he said about dv. That was not swept under the rug and forgotten about. But ESPN swept Jay Marriotti under the rug until he was arrested for dv and it became public then they had no choice but to fire him.

The reaction to what Stephen A said was like he did what Marriotti did which was beat a woman then outside the courthouse pull her by the hair and slap her. Both these incidents happened in the social media age but ESPN publicly punished Smith while quietly getting rid of Marriotti.But ESPN has also made Jamele Hill publicly apologize for a Hitler remark after suspension but not Lou Holtz who made similar remark, they did the same thing to Dana Jacobson after she got drunk at a roast at Notre Dame and said fukk Notre Dame and fukk Touchdown Jesus. So if you're not a white male don't expect to have much leway with ESPN.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

The fact that you made up a theory that doesn't even have to do with what you were saying before does not make your point proven. You have to provide some sort of evidence, not just spout off random stuff and say, "See, I proved my point!" You have absolutely zero evidence that that's the reason they didn't push it.

What happened to those claims of yours that all the mainstream media was saying was, "Don't jump to conclusions"???

Damn, that goalpost disappeared fast. Your whole, "the mainstream media has some sort of agenda so they're not covering it" claim dried up too. Now it's just, "Ah, White people are insecure and don't want to hear that." But wait, that doesn't really jell with the fact that the story is so big in Chicago, Buffalo, Canada, etc. - aren't those the exact places where the White people would be most insecure about Mr. Kane getting in trouble?

Another, alternative, theory is that hockey doesn't make remotely as much money for ESPN as college football makes. Or that far, far more people know who Jameis Winston is than know who Patrick Kane is.

You see how easy that was?

The truth is, there's a tiny bit of truth in one of the random theories you've been throwing around. A certain % of racist White folk jump on stories of Black men that confirm their stereotypes. But what that has to do with some White guy I never heard of "only" getting 1000 media stories about his rape allegations when you want 2000 stories, I don't know.

Seriously, make some use of yourself and start paying attention to the real racism. Stop stanning for media heroes who live a life you could never dream of and start putting something on the line for people who actually have something serious to complain about.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
.But ESPN has also made Jamele Hill publicly apologize for a Hitler remark after suspension but not Lou Holtz who made similar remark, they did the same thing to Dana Jacobson after she got drunk at a roast at Notre Dame and said fukk Notre Dame and fukk Touchdown Jesus. So if you're not a white male don't expect to have much leway with ESPN.

And ESPN straight-up fired Easterbrook and didn't take him back for years just for saying, "Jewish people should know better", and they fired Bill Simmons just for saying that Goodell was a liar.

Sounds like Jamele Hill got off well compared to those two guys.

When you cherry-pick examples, you can make up any narrative you want.

Last edited:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Seriously, make some use of yourself and start paying attention to the real racism. Stop stanning for media heroes who live a life you could never dream of and start putting something on the line for people who actually have something serious to complain about.

Like you can't discuss "real racism" and racial bias in sports media coverage in separate venues. :dahell:

We have topics on "real racism" all the time in the coli. This thread is specifically about racial bias in sports media coverage. I'm simply DISCUSSING THE TOPIC AT HAND.:dahell:

Now your trying to change the subject into something that doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

El Poyo Loco

Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
And ESPN straight-up fired Easterbrook and didn't take him back for years just for saying, "Jewish people should know better", and they fired Bill Simmons just for saying that Goodell was a liar.

Sounds like Jamele Hill got off really fukking well compared to those two guys.

When you cherry-pick examples, you can make up any narrative you want.

Simmons was given leway he was told time and time again stop poking the bear they even took away his fukking twitter, how the he'll you take away a grown man's twitter privileges as a warning to fall in line. That's leway he was afforded. Others aren't so lucky it's a straight suspension.

Stay woke

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's funny to me is until yesterday I didn't know who IK was and I live in NYC but I know who Patrick Kane is. So yeah black people fukks with hockey just many that do don't want to admit it in front of other black people, it's like a secret fraternity.

Black people don't fukk with hockey, at least the black people I know. But whether they do has little to do with the media's reluctance to report.

El Poyo Loco

Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Black people don't fukk with hockey, at least the black people I know. But whether they do has little to do with the media's reluctance to report.

The reluctance is the bad part of this.I've heard more about Geno and Cam not being leaders than a top athlete in the top 4 sports being accused of rape who happens to be a leader on a team that's a dynasty in the making.