Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The reluctance is the bad part of this.I've heard more about Geno and Cam not being leaders than a top athlete in the top 4 sports being accused of rape who happens to be a leader on a team that's a dynasty in the making.

You guys aren't getting it. Hockey sucks so it shouldn't get much fanfare or news, but that's not he point. The point is that the news it is getting is all to save face, obfuscate and otherwise give Kane the benefit of the doubt in ways Jameis did not get it. If hockey were more popular (and it needn't be), this would happen all the same.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
How the hell can you say that? :dahell:

How do exactly qualify who's more recognizable?

A nobody in American sports? that ridiculous, hes arguably the GOAT American born hockey player

About to be the cover boy for EA NHL 16 (2nd time he will be for that franchise)

I get you dont fukk with hockey, but who the hell are you speaking for exactly?
Bruh, that dude is only known to you because he plays for your team :stopitslime:
IN DC we got Ovie. He plays for Russia. I know the Russian team didn't do well because he was on it
I'm not expecting you to know all that, because the player from your hometown team isn't Ovie

The guy yall talking about.. Never heard of him. And I watch sports all damn day/night/shyt.. I'm talking to you, this the sports section of a hiphop'ish site :ld:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
You guys aren't getting it. Hockey sucks so it shouldn't get much fanfare or news, but that's not he point
Okay, lets look at a sport that is hugely popular (nascar). Look at the lack of coverage. Kurt Busch completely skated on saying he believed his girlfriend was a trained CIA operative. Dude only got suspended for 12 days and you didn't here a word from ESPN, Hill, Beadle, other major media outlets, Sarah Spain, or Gloria Allred. He even got a waiver to be in the Chase. Name wasn't drug thru the mud, wasn't called an idiot, uneducated or any other disparaging comments. Can't remember dudes name but one of the host of ESPN CFB Podcast called Jameis everything under the sun but a ****** and wasn't even suspended for it. The bias is right in front of your face

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Now let me ask yall something real quick...knowing what yall know and seeing what yall see will you continue to watch ESPN other than live sports? Yall see the unbalance and unfairness right in front of your eyes, most of you admitting it. So are yall still watching sportscenter and the like or nah?

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
Now let me ask yall something real quick...knowing what yall know and seeing what yall see will you continue to watch ESPN other than live sports? Yall see the unbalance and unfairness right in front of your eyes, most of you admitting it. So are yall still watching sportscenter and the like or nah?

Naw my espn intake since the NBA season ended has been very slim to none.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Naw my espn intake since the NBA season ended has been very slim to none.
100% truth dog you can be more informed about sports by not watching ESPN ,not going to their website, and not reading their slanted articles. There's 0 need for that network other than live sports.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Okay, lets look at a sport that is hugely popular (nascar). Look at the lack of coverage. Kurt Busch completely skated on saying he believed his girlfriend was a trained CIA operative. Dude only got suspended for 12 days and you didn't here a word from ESPN, Hill, Beadle, other major media outlets, Sarah Spain, or Gloria Allred. He even got a waiver to be in the Chase. Name wasn't drug thru the mud, wasn't called an idiot, uneducated or any other disparaging comments. Can't remember dudes name but one of the host of ESPN CFB Podcast called Jameis everything under the sun but a ****** and wasn't even suspended for it. The bias is right in front of your face

This was at the same time they all where self righteous about Mayweather and Busch had a history too,and when they where confronted with this ESPN only because they lost the USA Soccer contract to FOX turned their guns on Hope Solo.

This is the same network that led the castration of Tiger Woods for getting side p*ssy,but barely made a peep of Phil Mickelson who is being investigated by the feds.

They also had the Sandusky story on their laps and could've blown it up before everyone but chose not to, but went after AP beating his kid under the guise of we care about the kids.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im confused though. Why is ESPN the end all and be all of journalistic integrity. Ill be worried if NYtimes or BBC news doesnt mention it but ESPN really ya.

They play to the masses not the socially aware which are far and few in between.

Remember through social media WE got the juice so if twitter or facebook or whatever shyt is poppin keeps the STORY alive it shall remain alive.

Keep talking and discussing the racial imbalance of major media conglomerates but dont expect them to participate.