Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
:stopitslime: And notice that ESPN has ONLY 1 analyst for the NHL. Compare that to how many analysts they have for NBA, MLB, CFB, & CBB.

If you cannot tell tell that Hockey is irrelevant in the U.S., I don't what to tell you.
I never said hockey is bigger than football or basketball.

Are you guys just arguing with yourselves? Or arguing points nobody ever made?

Hockey is tho big enough to where ESPN covers it and should cover this story. Lacrosse is irrelevant. Rugby is irrelevant. Hockey is big enough to where this story should get more coverage.

But if it isn't talked about on the coli and black people then it doesn't exist. :stopitslime:

Not to mention we're not talking about some scrub but a player who is a superstar on one of the most recognizable franchises in hockey that just won a Stanley cup.

He's a bigger name than DeAndre Johnson who was a fukking 3rd string quarterback who NOBODY knew who he was before he punched that white bytch and even non-sports media talked about it.

They FORCED you to pay attention to that story.

Patrick Kane is by far a bigger more popular PROFESSIONAL athlete and the mainstream is keeping this one on the hush and coming up with all kind of excuses like "wait for the facts to come out" instead of jumping to conclusions like they do with black athletes.

I'll let y'all continue to act stupid tho...

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: And notice that ESPN has ONLY 1 analyst for the NHL. Compare that to how many analysts they have for NBA, MLB, CFB, & CBB.

If you cannot tell tell that Hockey is irrelevant in the U.S., I don't what to tell you.

Hockey is relevant enough that a substantial number of people have commented on the Kane case and accordingly excused him for his actions while Jameis was put through the proverbial ringer for about the same thing. So regardless of the NHL's actual spotlight, the players and journalists and onlookers involved aren't condemning Kane in any way like they did (and continue) to do Jameis. If the NFL and hockey were bigger in the USA, the pattern of discrimination and differential treatment between Kane and Jameis would only become more obvious as more people comment, not any less or more present.

GOATpernick

Troy, the God
Supporter
Daps
Vast majority of hockey fans also get upset at everything PK Subban does

nUHFEMU.gif

:blessed:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Or the third string QB on FSU? Or PAC Man Jones or Chris Henry (before his death). These are all dudes that ESPN made multiple articles and talking points about athletes behaving badly.

Let's not forget even athletes like Jamal Tinsley after he was shot at after a visit to the club one night. Folks like Jemelle Hill (and her ESPN colleagues) used the shooting to write articles and push the narrative that athletes (IE black athletes don't need to stay out late).

Hey but what do you expect from these fools. They were capping for Andy Reid and his kids slanging rocks and running around totting guns. Even after the judge said that Andy Reid's house was a drug emporium (means a drug store).
Andy Reid don't need to be talking to me like a kid what he need to do is talk to his sons like that - Terrell Owens

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not to mention we're not talking about some scrub but a player who is a superstar on one of the most recognizable franchises in hockey that just won a Stanley cup.

Wow, then he must have a ton of endorsements, right, being so recognizable and superstary and such? :troll:

Too bad I can't find shyt about his endorsements online, because he doesn't seem to make enough money to even rank. :ohhh: I think he has an endorsement deal with a hockey gear company though. :lolbron:

Here's the list of the top-10 highest-earning hockey players this year. Only 2 of them are making over $1 million in endorsements this year. 6 out of 10 are making $300,000 or less. :russ: And Patrick Kane ain't even on that list. Not that that list even matters when compared to athletes in real sports.

Athletes from 10 different sports made the grade this year in our annual look at the world’s highest-paid athletes, but not one hockey player qualified for the third straight year with the earnings’ cut line at $17.3 million.

Jameis, on the other hand, can make $10,000 a pop every time he wants to send a fukking tweet for someone. :ohhh: I have no doubt that Nike alone has already promised Jameis more endorsement money for this year than Patrick Kane has ever seen, and Winston hasn't even played a down of professional football yet.

Patrick Kane is by far a bigger more popular PROFESSIONAL athlete and the mainstream is keeping this one on the hush and coming up with all kind of excuses like "wait for the facts to come out" instead of jumping to conclusions like they do with black athletes.

Where do you make this shyt up? This is what I get when I type "Patrick Kane" into Google news:

Search Results

1. Police investigation involving Patrick Kane puts Blackhawks in ...
    Chicago Tribune-12 hours ago
    To begin his day with the Stanley Cup last weekend, Patrick Kanetook the silver chalice to the gravesite of his grandparents, perhaps seeking ...
    Why you should talk to your 4-year-old about Patrick Kane
    ChicagoNow (blog)-11-Aug-2015

National Hockey League RUMORS: Chicago Blackhawks Patrick ...
    TV Newsroom-15 hours ago

Police confirm investigation of NHL star Patrick Kane
    Rapid News Network-5 hours ago

People take to Twitter to victim-blame after Patrick Kane allegations
    International-Buffalo News-11 hours ago

Baffoe: Don't Contribute To The Cult Of Patrick Kane
    International-CBS Local-19 hours ago

Explore in depth (19 more articles)

2. Patrick Kane investigation involves woman in her 20s: AP source
    WGN-TV-21 hours ago
    BUFFALO, N.Y. — A person familiar with the police investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane tells The Associated Press that it ...
    Patrick Kane's day with Stanley Cup goes from public to private amid ...
    Yahoo Sports (blog)-10-Aug-2015

Source: Woman Accusing Patrick Kane of Rape Had Bite Marks on ...
    TWC News-10-Aug-2015

Patrick Kane shouldn't have been your hero to begin with
    Featured-The Sports Bank (blog)-11-Aug-2015

New details emerge in allegations against NHL star Patrick Kane
    Highly Cited-Buffalo News-09-Aug-2015

Patrick Kane's Rape Accuser Is Being Blamed for Her Alleged Rape
    International-Complex-10-Aug-2015

Explore in depth (366 more articles)

3. Log InRegister
    CBS Local-10-Aug-2015
    (CBS) Let's dispense with the obvious first: Blackhawks star Patrick Kane hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime. No one, at this point, ...
  4. Police investigation of Blackhawks star Patrick Kane involves ...
    The Globe and Mail-10-Aug-2015
    A person familiar with the police investigation of Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane tells The Associated Press that it involves something ...
  5. Police search NHL star Patrick Kane's home in rape investigation
    The Guardian-07-Aug-2015
    Police have confirmed that Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane is under investigation in upstate New York after a woman accused him of ...
    Source: Police investigating incident involving Patrick Kane, female
    Highly Cited-WKBW-TV-06-Aug-2015
    Explore in depth (952 more articles)

6. Encouraging Positive Actions in Young Athletes When Pros Behave ...
    TWC News-09-Aug-2015
    "Everybody looks up to Patrick [Kane] as that success story out of Buffalo, especially coming out of South Buffalo and making it big. He hasn't ...
  7. Patrick Kane case: Police in Hamburg, NY, holding news conference
    CBC.ca-07-Aug-2015
    Police in Hamburg, N.Y., are providing an update following Thursday's report that Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane has been accused of ...
  8. Twitter reacts to reported police probe of Patrick Kane
    Chicago Sun-Times-07-Aug-2015
    Patrick Kane is the subject of a police investigation in Hamburg, N.Y., according to a report by The Buffalo News. When the news broke about ...

Yeah, but the bullshyt "lets wait for the facts to emerge" is dominating the media narrative. Riiight.

Hockey is relevant enough that a substantial number of people have commented on the Kane case and accordingly excused him for his actions while Jameis was put through the proverbial ringer for about the same thing. So regardless of the NHL's actual spotlight, the players and journalists and onlookers involved aren't condemning Kane in any way like they did (and continue) to do Jameis.

Where da fukk do you get "keeping this one on the hush" or "aren't condemning Kane"??? Non-sports media is all over Kane - look at the links I just posted. There's no video, so it doesn't get the same excitement as any case that has video (they'll show a fukking squirrel on waterskis if there's video), but it ain't like this shyt on the down-low or anything.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Seriously, there's a hundred fukking meaningful issues of racism to go out against, and the one we're going to focus on is,

"But but but some hockey player I never heard of only has a few hundred negative media articles about his rape accusation! It should be more or I'll be mad!!!"

"But but but my favorite multimillionaire football QB got a rape accusation and had some people say bad things about him!!!" (while he continues to cash seven-figure checks and remains the hero of tens of millions of fans)

This is the shyt that starts convincing other people that racism might be dead, when we care more about measuring up media attention in competing "accused of rape" cases from our media-created "heros" than we do about the actual violence that is happening against our communities.

If you have an actual case of racism or bias, like you see someone "waiting for the facts" in Kane's case when they jumped all over Winston at the same stage, then yeah, call out that fukker. But if all the shyt you got is this vague, "more people should know about the rape accusation against this guy that they never heard of! The media should be shoving it down their throat even though they probably don't fukking care!" then just give it up. There were three times as many people watching Winston when he was a fukking freshman in college as there were watching the biggest game of Kane's entire professional career. He's just not going to get the same amount of attention unless there's some compelling tape to put eyes on the screen.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
post articles from mainly Chicago and buffalo news sites :laff:

ESPN (the main instigator in sports controversy) has not gone in on this.

Somebody even posted a video showing them telling people to wait for the facts.

Keep acting stupid

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Post articles from mainly Chicago and buffalo news sites :laff:

You realize that "The Guardian" is the biggest paper in Britain, right? Clink on the "to see more" links and you'll see articles from every major city that's ever heard of hockey.

If you just misread the links because you don't know how Google News works, I can't help you.

That's the Google News front page. The articles with the most attention show up first. In this case, those are going to be the articles from Chicago, Buffalo, etc. There are also national and international sources sprinkled in. That's how Google News works. The top-read articles aren't from cities where no one knows who Patrick Kane is...because in those cities no one knows who Patrick Kane is.

If you want to see the other articles, you can click on that little link that says "366 more articles". Or how about that other one that says "952 more articles". Or you can do the Google News search yourself and see that there's literally thousands of articles on the subject.

You want to bet right now that hundreds of those articles aren't outside of Chicago/Buffalo? :mjlol:

Look a little closer next time.

Last edited:

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
If you're too stupid to know how Google News works, I can't help you.

That's the Google News front page. The articles with the most attention show up first. In this case, those are going to be the articles from Chicago, Buffalo, etc. That's how Google News works. The top-read articles aren't from cities where no one knows who the fukk Patrick Kane is...because in those cities no one knows who the fukk Patrick Kane is.

If you want to see the other articles, you can click on that little link that says "366 more articles". Or how about that other one that says "952 more articles". Or you can do the Google News search yourself and see that there's literally thousands of articles on the subject.

You want to bet right now that hundreds of those articles aren't outside of Chicago/Buffalo? :mjlol:

Look a little closer next time so you don't look like a moron.
You're a dumbass searching through local media when I clearly said mainstream media. :mjlol:

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand how Google news works. It can pull up articles random websites in Slovenia :mjlol:

I can pull up articles on F1 drivers from google,news and those guys are completely irreverent in american mainstream news.

ESPN and other MAINSTREAM media outlets have brushed over this.

While you posting shyt from local Chicago news websites :laff:

fukk outta here.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The black hawk stanley cup parade drew over a million people.

Hawks are on the news every night they play on sports recap.

Anyone with a TV in Chicago has heard the name Patrick kane.

I'm sure you're wrong. There are plenty of people in CHICAGO who don't know who Kane is.
:dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're a dumbass searching through local media when I clearly said mainstream media. :mjlol:

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand how Google news works. It can pull up articles random websites in Slovenia :mjlol:

I can pull up articles on F1 drivers from google,news and those guys are completely irreverent in american mainstream news.

ESPN and other MAINSTREAM media outlets have brushed over this.

While you posting shyt from local Chicago news websites :laff:

fukk outta here.

You claimed, "mainstream is keeping this one on the hush and coming up with all kind of excuses like "wait for the facts to come out"

Now you want to claim that the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Yahoo Sports, Globe and Mail, CBC Sports, Guardian, etc. aren't mainstream?

I didn't search through local. I copy and pasted the Google News front page for "Patrick Kane". I didn't even type "rape" - I just gave the page straight-up as it shows.

What I proved to you was that there are over 1000 articles on the case, and the most-read articles don't say anything about "wait until the facts come out", which was the claim that I was disproving.

There are multiple ESPN articles on the incident, but they don't show up on the front page because 95% of people who read ESPN don't care about hockey, so those articles don't get the clicks that articles written in cities with people who actually know who Patrick Kane is get.

Last edited:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
What's funny to me is until yesterday I didn't know who IK was and I live in NYC but I know who Patrick Kane is. So yeah black people fukks with hockey just many that do don't want to admit it in front of other black people, it's like a secret fraternity.

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
You should probably stop digging that hole while you can still almost see out of it.

You claimed, "mainstream is keeping this one on the hush and coming up with all kind of excuses like "wait for the facts to come out"

Now you want to claim that the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Yahoo Sports, Globe and Mail, CBC Sports, Guardian, etc. aren't fukking mainstream?

I didn't search through shyt local. I copy and pasted the Google News front page for "Patrick Kane". I didn't even type "rape" - I just gave the page straight-up as it shows.

What I proved to you was that there are over 1000 articles on the case, and the most-read articles don't say shyt about "wait until the facts come out", which was the bullshyt claim that I was disproving.

There are multiple ESPN articles on the incident, but they don't show up on the front page because 95% of people who read ESPN don't give a fukk about hockey, so those articles don't get the clicks that articles written in cities with people who actually know who Patrick Kane is get.

Everyone who understands how the most important site on the internet works is laughing at you right now.
you just contradicted yourself. :laff:

You can't claim that nobody gives a fukk about the story then try to prove that people give a fukk about the story. :laff:

If ESPN WANTED to make this a bigger story they easily could.

Espn has no problem forcing shyt in peoples faces, like Ronda Rousey.

Espn has discussions of NHL hockey. They discuss it on PTI and ATH.

Hockey is big enough to discuss it during the nhl playoffs but when a superstar hockey player gets rape allegations its all :whoa:.....we never cared about hockey. :troll:

I guess in depth discussions of sexual assault on women is only reserved for black athletes. :mjlol:

Keep acting stupid tho.