Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
When Jameis got charged was it during bowl season?
I hate you motherfukkas lol

Clueless

tumblr_inline_mp45zj2D6s1qz4rgp.gif

Flawdaboi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tampa
Yes, but I'm not oblivious to racism in America and in the world. 99% of the time I'll be the first in line for the "fukk the system and their blatant racism" rally, just ask @Wachaveli

But I just don't think this is one of those times. White players in the NFL/NBA who have fukked up have gotten loads of coverage. Hockey just isn't popular.

I hAte you white motherfukkers

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
We all know this though. A white person does something. It's in the news for a week and forgotten. A black person does something it's rehashed over and over. shyt fukk the rape incident. These pale face fagots are still talking about crab legs.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
But why would you put Jameis in the same sentence as OJ, Cosby, and R.Kelly?

I didn't. I'm talking about how the narrative about their media coverage plays out on thecoli. Nothing to do with the merits of the men themselves.

:jbhmm:

So......you can basically do whatever the hell you want and won't be called on it as long as you play hockey?
:ld:

Who said this Patrick Kane character wasn't called out on it??? I can type "Patrick Kane" into google news right now and I see hundreds of articles about his allegations. But you're only going to hear about it in places that care about hockey (Chicago, Buffalo, Calgary, etc.). There are tens of thousands of crimes every week - you're going to hear about the ones involving people you give a shyt about - not every fukking dikk in the world.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
nikkas actually think because the majority of a Hip Hop forum doesn't follow Hockey religiously immediately means the rest of America doesn't give a shyt about it. :dead:

Dumbasses. :francis:

Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final on NBC was viewed by 8m people, calling Hockey a niche sport is laughable.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
nikkas actually think because the majority of a Hip Hop forum doesn't follow Hockey religiously immediately means the rest of America doesn't give a shyt about it. :dead:

Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final on NBC was viewed by 8m people, calling Hockey a niche sport is laughable.

shyt is niche as hell. Hockey ain't shyt.

WuDatWuDat

All Star
Daps

8 million for a championship game 6.

That's cute.

The NFL averages 17.6 million viewers per game in the REGULAR SEASON.

So Hockey's biggest game of the year is less than half as popular as an average regular season game for the NFL.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
8 million for a championship game 6.

That's cute.

The NFL averages 17.6 million viewers per game in the REGULAR SEASON.

So Hockey's biggest game of the year is less than half as popular as an average regular season game for the NFL.
Fair point. :ehh:

No one's denying NFL absolutely dwarfs the NHL when it comes to popularity/viewership but that still doesn't mean it's MLS status. It's still a fairly popular sport among it's targeted demographic.

The ones using the popularity angle are ignoring Kane is one of the biggest stars in the entire League & the best player on the current Champions. He isn't just some random scrub.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Now hockey is lacrosse status. :mjlol:

The coli and black people in general don't give a shyt about hockey but I'm not so naive to act like it isnt popular. I don't give a flying fukk about NASCAR but I still know it has a large fanbase.

This dude is a superstar on one of the most popular NHL franchises that just won a Stanley fukking cup. :mjlol:

ESPN covers hockey. They have Barry Melrose on there all the time to discuss hockey. They follow the NHL playoffs. Its not like hockey is completely irrelevant like cricket or some shyt.

This should be a bigger story. But we know why. :sas2:

Y'all just acting stupid.

:stopitslime: And notice that ESPN has ONLY 1 analyst for the NHL. Compare that to how many analysts they have for NBA, MLB, CFB, & CBB.

If you cannot tell tell that Hockey is irrelevant in the U.S., I don't what to tell you.