Patrick Kane vs Jameis Winston, a great example of white privilege

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So when Patrick kane scored the game winning Stanley cup goal against Philadelphia two big market teams, or when he suited up for America and played against Canada in probably the most watched Hockey game ever.

Oh when he suited up for the outdoor game and hbo covered it in 24/7

Now hockey is some lacrosse type coverage where no one knows who Patrick kane is

Thecoli

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So when Patrick kane scored the game winning Stanley cup goal against Philadelphia two big market teams, or when he suited up for America and played against Canada in probably the most watched Hockey game ever.

Now hockey is some lacrosse type coverage where no one knows who Patrick kane is

Thecoli
only dapped +repped for the Juan Guzman avi.....hated all of those TBJ teams but Guzman was a real niqqa

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Well didn't Kane get pulled off the EA NHL game cover? Aren't they considering pursuing criminal charges, and it may not be the end of it.

Plus hockey is a niche sport, you can't compare to what was considered the top QB in the country in college and an A-1 pro prospect to a hockey player.

Don't get me wrong white privilege definitely extends to sports but I think the comparison in this case is a bit lopsided.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Never heard of him but again I dont watch hockey. Same thing with how they swept that Hope Solo shyt under the rug. Chick had a record for being a drunken abusive psycho that was arrested for putting hands on her 17 year old nephew and everything multiple times. But she all white so she's alright and the World Cup was right around the corner. America's favorite past time is making sure a foot is kept on the necks of blacks. Them being rich and famous makes it even more of an objective to bring them down IMO. Look how they digging in Dr. Dre's past now for some shyt that happened 20 years ago that he said he been on record for saying he regretted.

Last edited:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Never heard of Patrick Kane until this thread, however, I did do a Google News search on him, and the articles aren't exactly positive. EA Sports removed him from the cover of their latest NHL game for one. Also from what I gather on the surface of these articles, the investigation is only now getting traction. That said, I give this a week or two before it either does or doesn't become red hot with debate. The white feminists are already starting to show their teeth, and this is the year of the white woman as it pertains to feminism. See the article below which flies in the face of common sense and personal experience that yes alcohol can and has brought out the worst in people. Writers like her have an agenda though. He's about to get some real scrutiny. White feminists love this sh!t.

Chicago Tribune

When news broke about a police investigation into a sexual assault allegation against Blackhawks star Patrick Kane, fans shook their heads, chided tsk-tsk and analyzed his frat-boy, life-of-the-party persona. Drinking, that's what has gotten Kane into trouble, we seem to have concluded.

Kane's previous off-the-ice troubles have been well-documented — most notably, an altercation with a cabdriver in 2009 and a binge that spilled onto the streets of Madison, Wis., in 2012 — and alcohol reportedly played a major role in those incidents.

Alcohol also plays a major role in the misconception about sexual crimes and mistreatment of women. Drinking becomes an all-too-convenient excuse for inexcusable behavior.

After the recent Kane episode in Buffalo, a headline on a column in the L.A. Daily News proclaimed, "Patrick Kane just another athlete whose partying may have led to worse." Sports radio, news columns, blogs and social media accounts have weighed in on how Kane's partying is to blame for "putting himself in bad situations."

It's just the latest painful reminder of how misguided our society's conversation is when it comes to men, especially high-profile men in the world of sports, and the blind allegiance — or ready excuses — they receive when they're accused of harming women.

It can't be repeated enough that charges have not been filed against Kane and he should be presumed innocent by the law. And by the same token, Kane's reputation for drinking and partying does not equate to his guilt either. But that doesn't mean we should avoid examining how off-balance the conversation is when it comes to this story.

While I've been reminded numerous times that I should withhold judgment against Kane, rarely has anyone mentioned that the same should be said for the woman who made the allegations.

The legal defense team in a case that accused former Vanderbilt football players of rape blamed a culture of college drinking for men who recorded themselves allegedly raping a fellow student.

Earlier this week, Minnesota athletic director Norwood Teague was fired for a history of sexually harassing female colleagues. Later, a Star-Tribune reporter revealed that Teague had sent her harassing text messages and behaved abhorrently toward her, and reports of similar claims from 2012 surfaced.

Yet it was initially chalked up to a bad night of drinking by Teague and the school. Minnesota had suggested he seek alcohol abuse counseling.

That's great, I thought. Is there a treatment for misogyny?

Let's use this as an opportunity to examine — and change — the hypocrisy of our stances when it comes to allegations of sexual crimes against women.

That's the alcohol double standard: When a woman drinks too much, many say that's the reason she was assaulted. When a man drinks too much, it's an excuse for misconduct.

Twitter has been spitting condemnations such as "gold digger," "liar" and "slut" against a woman without any details of the allegation.

The reporting of the allegations against Kane is not helping matters. The Buffalo News, reporting a local story, is relying on the "Madonna-whore" narrative to describe the alleged victim.

One article allowed a bar owner to speculate that a woman he saw "hanging all over" Kane was the woman who alleged the assault. Another article quoted the woman's co-workers describing her as nice and hardworking and being at Kane's home only to watch out for a friend.

This back-and-forth of victim-blaming and creating a "perfect victim" is dangerous and irrelevant. Sexual assault can happen to any woman, even a woman who drinks and leaves a bar with a man. It happens to wives, prostitutes, straight-A students, drug addicts. Perpetrators can be lawyers, creeps, star athletes, valedictorians.

Rampant misconceptions about consent and assault are a reason many victims do not report crimes. If you are speaking in these terms, you are part of the problem.
B
lackhawks fans have been wringing their hands for years because of Kane's partying. But alcohol alone doesn't create a situation where a sexual assault investigation is launched.

Same for Teague's self-created mess or the Vanderbilt case. A person who respects women doesn't suddenly become a sexist predator after a few cocktails. College parties don't make rapists.

It's time to change the conversation.

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps

Thecoli

Hall of Fame Game draws bigger TV ratings than Stanley Cup Final finale - CBSSports.com

nobody gives a shyt about hockey in the united states

same as when tony stewart killed a dude, nobody really knew who he was. the only reason why nascar was relevant at all is because they had the ESPN deal. not really the best example with kane vs winston

the real example is mettenberger, the feminists dont care about him

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poor Tom. The NFL's punishing him to appease the Black male ego. Gtfoh with that bull. I personally thought the Patriots were the beat team. They would've whooped Indy regardless imho. But Pats fans, are insufferable man.

would they have beat the Ravens w/o deflated footballs and using illegal substitution/not properly declaring eligible with their funky formations?.....I THINK NOT!

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Hall of Fame Game draws bigger TV ratings than Stanley Cup Final finale - CBSSports.com

nobody gives a shyt about hockey in the united states

same as when tony stewart killed a dude, nobody really knew who he was. the only reason why nascar was relevant at all is because they had the ESPN deal. not really the best example with kane vs winston

the real example is mettenberger, the feminists dont care about him
Roethlisberger is the biggest example. Twice...Twice. Yet it's all but forgotten now.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This is not about how popular hockey is. :childplease:

This is about a high profile person who has been caught up with a sexual crime.

Yes ol'boy should be getting more press, especially since the details "biting, scratching" are :huhldup:

Still not of the first page of ESPN. :francis:

Side note: Never thought Marv Albert would still have a career. Do y'all know he was found guilty of sexual assault? Anal raping and biting some broad.

Still working in tv though, wonder why? :mjdrinking:
MARV!? Wow!! I never knew about this?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
This guy keeps proving my points without even knowing he's doing it. :laff:

Damn this is easy :dead:

ESPN knows stories about black athletes fukking up = ratings from jealous insecure white men/feminist who hate black athletes = more $$$ for ESPN. That's why ESPN pushes stories of black athletes fukking up so hard.

They know the public doesn't get as much of a hard on from white athletes fukking up so they don't push stories like this in your face.

Thanks for proving my point. :sas1:
Or if they do push stories about White athletes doing bad, they automatically give them a shot at redemption. See the medias portrayal of Josh Hamilton vs their portrayal of any and every Black NFL player busted for marijuana/alcohol abuse or cocaine.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Seriously, there's a hundred fukking meaningful issues of racism to go out against, and the one we're going to focus on is,

"But but but some hockey player I never heard of only has a few hundred negative media articles about his rape accusation! It should be more or I'll be mad!!!"

"But but but my favorite multimillionaire football QB got a rape accusation and had some people say bad things about him!!!" (while he continues to cash seven-figure checks and remains the hero of tens of millions of fans)

This is the shyt that starts convincing other people that racism might be dead, when we care more about measuring up media attention in competing "accused of rape" cases from our media-created "heros" than we do about the actual violence that is happening against our communities.

If you have an actual case of racism or bias, like you see someone "waiting for the facts" in Kane's case when they jumped all over Winston at the same stage, then yeah, call out that fukker. But if all the shyt you got is this vague, "more people should know about the rape accusation against this guy that they never heard of! The media should be shoving it down their throat even though they probably don't fukking care!" then just give it up. There were three times as many people watching Winston when he was a fukking freshman in college as there were watching the biggest game of Kane's entire professional career. He's just not going to get the same amount of attention unless there's some compelling tape to put eyes on the screen.
ANY and I mean ANY racial issues perceived or not. You can focus and refocus on any race issue.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Or if they do push stories about White athletes doing bad, they automatically give them a shot at redemption. See the medias portrayal of Josh Hamilton vs their portrayal of any and every Black NFL player busted for marijuana/alcohol abuse or cocaine.
Josh Gordon especially