Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just checked it out for the 1st time on Hulu. Stayed away for the longest b/c of the hype. It was a cool movie. I'm not gonna debate on whether it deserve a bunch of awards, etc., but it was above average. I do wish, like stated much earlier in this thread, it would have played out a lil more straight lined.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Cool story me and my ex walked in on this after watching black and blue with tyrese back in November

We sat down just as the couple started to fukk and watched the whole rest of the movie :russ:

I didn’t understand shyt that was going on plus me and her kept fukking around

Now I finally started watching it from the beginning on Hulu

Movie is :krs:

Funny thing I stopped right where I left off back in November :russ: going to watch rest of it later tonight

I’m going to read through this thread later but.....

The poor family had so much street smart why did they let the old lady in :snoop:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
it was a good movie but not sure what the fukk was so groundbreaking about it. its like a solid 8.5/10. last black man in san francisco was better as far as movies for last year. had way more to say and much more depth. also better cinematography and music. the ending to this joint was whatever and the twist was whatever too.

:unimpressed:

Sir

No fukk no

Last black man was trash as fukk and boring as shyt

nikka hell no :laff:

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:unimpressed:

Sir

No fukk no

Last black man was trash as fukk and boring as shyt

nikka hell no :laff:

You tripping slime. shyt hit all the notes, gentrification, your fam/friends stuck on stupid with the hood shyt and paying for it, black men not being able to show they care for thier friends without being "hard" or seen as some kind of fakkit, old family secrets that you know about but you can't get your kin folk to be honest, that trepidation with having respect for your pops even when he is a fukk up. Watching a city you been part of for generations just turn into something disgusting. Some of the best cinematography (when homey is bombing down that fat ass hill). Parasite was aight, seen the message a billion miles away and the last act was just poor.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
You tripping slime. shyt hit all the notes, gentrification, your fam/friends stuck on stupid with the hood shyt and paying for it, black men not being able to show they care for thier friends without being "hard" or seen as some kind of fakkit, old family secrets that you know about but you can't get your kin folk to be honest, that trepidation with having respect for your pops even when he is a fukk up. Watching a city you been part of for generations just turn into something disgusting. Some of the best cinematography (when homey is bombing down that fat ass hill). Parasite was aight, seen the message a billion miles away and the last act was just poor.

i understand but movie was boring not entertaining at all

Low key pretentious and overhyped

Spike lee can make a movie like he got game and hit all types of issue and still be entertained

Sorry to bother you was entertaining

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Also peep:

"New World" (same writer as "I Saw The Devil")
"A Bittersweet Life" (same director as "I Saw The Devil")
"Memories Of Murder" (same director as "Parasite")
"The Host" (same director as "Parasite")
"Lady Vengeance" (same director as "Oldboy")
"Stoker" (same director as "Oldboy")
"Train To Busan"
"The Man From Nowhere"
"The Chaser"

All Korean and all dope as fukk. South Korea been holding down cinema for like 20 years at this point.

Fred.

I’m finna watch all these :russ:

• Dap

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Can anyone tell me
why the housekeeper's husband stabbed the woman of the house? I get that he was upset about his wife, but I thought he had an allegiance to the owner of the house as well as the architect. (Respect) That is why I really didn't like the ending. He just randomly stabs the guy's wife. Was he also acting out because of the inequality?
My favorite part was when the grifter family finally escaped the mansion and had to do the long run/walk down from the hills straight into the ghetto - and all the misery. That was some great cinematography.

man that was beautiful

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
it was iight. Should of stuck with the plan. Any of y'all letting randos in your crib in the middle of night in the middle of a storm?

One other thing. All four of these fools was making good money right? So why these clowns still slumming it up like they ain't got no money? There is no reason they should of been a victim of that flood.

And the old nikka had no reason to still be musty either

And why in the entire fukk did they want to go back down in the basement? Leave them nikkas be down there. They wasn't going no where.

this

I know it’s a movie

I def not opening the door for a random

they would’ve got caught they got comfortable and was being too sloppy nikkas had a sleepover luckily they called before they pulled up

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
My exact reaction all the way up until the housekeeper knocks on the door.

Great cinematography and I feel this captured the message Peele was trying to do with US. Love how the title is so fitting. But its the exchange the wealthy give to not have to do anything but live wealthy.

Poor man smell:wow:

I thought the main characters sister was cute. @re'up who said that quote about the wealthy don't want to see the poor.

That house was fukking amazing and was one of the things that drew me in. Come to find out it was a set
Building the ‘Parasite’ House: How Bong Joon Ho and His Team Made the Year’s Best Set

I want to buy that house it’s my dream house

• Dap

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Parasite does one of my least fav. things in filmmaking. Establishing people (The poor family) as really smart only to have them make insanely dumb decisions later in the movie. They do at least three things no rational person would do.

1. Getting shytfaced in the house. I kinda get that they would eat and sleep there but shyt happens, they need to be alert.
2. Letting the former housekeeper in. C'mon. This is something that the rich family should be there to deal with, not them.
3. Opening up the bunker after having them locked the housekeeper and his husband in while there are other people in the house.

The former housekeeper should've broken in with a spare key or in some way the family didn't know about like the bunker. She had enough motivation to do that.

Despite that it's really good. Until they go on the camping trip it was my fav. movie of the year.

exactly!!!!!!

:krs: