Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
slow burn but the buildup was insane...went from damn this is a lot to read (from someone who’s used to subtitle flicks) to heart in my throat by the time the climax/resolution rolled thru...payoff was worth it...great flick...went back and looked @ the nominee flicks for pic of the year and ford v ferrari is the only one I didn’t watch...aside from that I can see how this won...but fukk that...great story told @ the end of the day

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I bought this on UHD and managed to go in completely blind...so blind... that I thought this would be a horror flick :dwillhuh:

so I pretty much got blind sided twice by this film.

Even then, I enjoyed the film and am glad I gave it a chance. I liked a lot of the subtle commentary.

thought the most interesting part was when the family was stuck in the house, after the fight, and the parks didn’t really notice some of the garbage (which I thought the husband would notice when he sat on the couch) left behind by the family, or the family themselves. Even though, if they had just cared a little bit more, they would’ve discovered them.

Seems to be the case the whole movie, actually.

pretty much ties into a lot of commentary about the upper and lower class that people have hit on already.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
i understand but movie was boring not entertaining at all

Low key pretentious and overhyped

Spike lee can make a movie like he got game and hit all types of issue and still be entertained

Sorry to bother you was entertaining

You just reminded me of that shytty spike Lee remake of Oldboy :dead:

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched it last night

Thought it was pretty good but I do agree people tend to overrate foreign movies especially Korean

Why did the father kill his boss at the end? There wasnt even any build to that

Daps
I didn't buy that part either. They sold the guy as so elite that he can smell "poor". Yet at a party with tons of fresh food cooking and his wife and others gushing gallons of blood, he is going to hold his nose picking up keys to drive her to get help?
I enjoyed the movie but felt that part was a let down.
Heck the problem for me is that the movie kind of peaked in the middle for me with the discovery.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I've seen the son in a couple movies since this. I fukk with him. He's a talented actor.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen the son in a couple movies since this. I fukk with him. He's a talented actor.

Recommend me some good korean flicks. I've seen the below

Memories of Murder
Bittersweet Life
Chaser
I Saw the Devil
JSA
Classic
Man from Nowhere
Old boy
Dirty Carnival
My Sassy Girl
Save the Green Planet

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Recommend me some good korean flicks. I've seen the below

Memories of Murder
Bittersweet Life
Chaser
I Saw the Devil
JSA
Classic
Man from Nowhere
Old boy
Dirty Carnival
My Sassy Girl
Save the Green Planet

You've seen some good ones. The Handmaiden, The Wailing are 2 of my favorites.

Sympathy for Mr Vengance, and Lady Vengance are by the director of Oldboy and are both revenge type thrillers. The Handmaiden is by the same dude as well.