Parasite (2019 Palme d'Or winner and The Film Room top movie of the year) - directed by Bong Joon-ho

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FILM was beyond A1, from the themes to the execution

the difference in how people use opportunities were amazing.

the longtime maid took that opportunity, hooked up her husband. worked hard and immersed themselves in the arts, music and culture of the rich folks.. the other poor family got the opportunity and instead of using that money to better themselves. they wanted to be dummies and act like gluttons and see how that affected them all.

I love it.. the rich folks were dope and the ending was lit, we thought dude made it rich but he didn't.

them nikkas could've worked together with the longtime maid but nah they wanted to be fucc nikkas smh..

of course its the dumbass americans who think there isnt a world outside of them trashing this film. uncultured fucc nikkas. clown ass fakkits too upset to read subtitles but wanna call the film basic.. lol
It is basic at tho....
I saw the devil is one of my favorite movies so you cant put that "stupid american don't like reading subtitles" on me

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Just because people aren’t dikkriding this film doesn’t mean they’re shytting on it. I haven’t seen a post on here (from what I saw) saying it’s trash. :beli:

We’ll see how this movie is with the test of time. One thing for sure is it’s not standing next to Godfather or even the Shining.

fucc them cracca ass films

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
movie's borderline trash....fuk these prestige movies & pressuring people to like somethin cause it won an award.......theres movies that were popular on their own & not hyped by Art Fags in the media.....like Iron Monkey, Better Tomorrow, etc that kill this.....
:heh:

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope movie. Obviously its a movie you have to pay attention to unless you understand the language. Took me two days to watch because when I stopped paying attention, something would make me rewind it to go back to understand. I don't watch many Korean films, but they are 3 for 3 for me with this, Old Boy, and I saw the Devil

I had thought the family was going to take over and steal the house. When the rich mom gave their house, citizenship, and income info over to the con daughter, I was thinking they were going to figure out a way to get the house titled in their name.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dope movie. Obviously its a movie you have to pay attention to unless you understand the language. Took me two days to watch because when I stopped paying attention, something would make me rewind it to go back to understand. I don't watch many Korean films, but they are 3 for 3 for me with this, Old Boy, and I saw the Devil

I had thought the family was going to take over and steal the house. When the rich mom gave their house, citizenship, and income info over to the con daughter, I was thinking they were going to figure out a way to get the house titled in their name.

Also peep:

"New World" (same writer as "I Saw The Devil")
"A Bittersweet Life" (same director as "I Saw The Devil")
"Memories Of Murder" (same director as "Parasite")
"The Host" (same director as "Parasite")
"Lady Vengeance" (same director as "Oldboy")
"Stoker" (same director as "Oldboy")
"Train To Busan"
"The Man From Nowhere"
"The Chaser"

All Korean and all dope as fukk. South Korea been holding down cinema for like 20 years at this point.

Fred.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Also peep:

"Train To Busan"
"The Man From Nowhere"
"The Chaser"

All Korean and all dope as fukk. South Korea been holding down cinema for like 20 years at this point.

Fred.

You should watch the yellow Sea and the wailing.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Also peep:

"Train To Busan"
"The Man From Nowhere"
"The Chaser"

Fred.

Stoker with Nicole Kidman? That's not a Korean joint. :dwillhuh:

Great film, BTW. Found it at Dollar Tree. Well worth the dollar. :whew:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
:dwillhuh:

The director is Park Chan-wook. If you're saying the cast isn't Korean....I never said it was.

Already seen both. Liked "The Yellow Sea". Didn't really like "The Wailing".

Fred.

No, that’s not why. I wouldn’t call it a “Korean film” just because it’s directed by a Korean.

• Dap
Reactions: hex