Paper Mario: The Origami King

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Unless it flops hard, which I don't think it will. It will be at least a year for any potential for it to go on sale. I mean it is a Nintendo exclusive.
:yeshrug:I'll just wait for a previously played copy at EB Games then and save $20 w my platinum Edge card.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
why even cripple an RPG style game? the fanatics live for those games complex mechanics/progression.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nintendo should just go ahead and throw out the turn based battles and either go real time or none at all.

To clarify: I want Paper Mario to be a straight forward RPG again but Nintendo clearly doesn’t want Paper Mario to be a RPG like the first two games. If that’s the case then they should drop the turn base combat instead of half assing it 3 games in a row and go real time battles, or turn Paper Mario into a David Cage movie fest.

Last edited:

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Nintendo should just go ahead and throw out the turn based battles and either go real time or none at all.
They should have just branded the game as something else. Paper Mario fans want an RPG it's that simple. If Super Paper Mario wasn't branded as a PM game I'm sure it would've been better received

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

I mean the two very best JRPG's as of the last 3-5 years have been Dragon Quest 11 and Persona V and both are turned based. So I think its more on developers being creative using turn-based.