Paper Mario: The Origami King

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Goomba's "fresh paper alert let's fold him up" :russ: might of been the most savage shyt i ever heard in a mario game

Ecff-JIXkAg-6p6

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks dope :ehh:

I was never into paper Mario so I’m not copping but maybe later in the year

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I feel like this is Nintendo’s gift and curse. They always push the envelope and continuously change things and usually it works out but sometimes you just want them to keep the same formula they perfected the first time around.

I’m going to buy it and I think I will enjoy it.

But this really makes me think of how they trashed the Mario Party series. You can’t tell me 1-3 weren’t GOAT status. Then Nintendo had to start doing new shyt I guess they felt like it was getting stale. 4 and 5 were ok but after that sheeesh. Fire that dude that came up with the idea to make everybody move around the board together in a car.

Daps
Not being able to level up makes battles useless as well as breakable weapons. Why even do the shyt?

Besides that It seems like the writing will be fun.

I'm on the fence with it. Only leaning towards buying because i havent played a paper mario since the first one on 64

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
XP and levels are the reason to engage in battles

Not being able to level up makes battles useless as well as breakable weapons. Why even do the shyt?

Besides that It seems like the writing will be fun.

I'm on the fence with it. Only leaning towards buying because i havent played a paper mario since the first one on 64

Watching the video coins are going to be really really important and the way you get the most of those is through battle.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like this is Nintendo’s gift and curse. They always push the envelope and continuously change things and usually it works out but sometimes you just want them to keep the same formula they perfected the first time around.

I’m going to buy it and I think I will enjoy it.

But this really makes me think of how they trashed the Mario Party series. You can’t tell me 1-3 weren’t GOAT status. Then Nintendo had to start doing new shyt I guess they felt like it was getting stale. 4 and 5 were ok but after that sheeesh. Fire that dude that came up with the idea to make everybody move around the board together in a car.

Yeah...they stay throwing the baby out with the bath water. They stay throwing out all the good things people like from the previous gams while adding a bunch of shyt no one asked for. They’ve ruined so many good franchises with that shyt.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You got a review for this? I've read this is a true successor to the other paper mario games
These guys cover it well

Overall its exactly what you'd expect from a PM64/TTYD spiritual sequel. Maybe wait for a sale if youre on the fence, but if you need to scratch that itch, this game hits all the right notes imo