Paper Mario: The Origami King

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I think that score is fair and expected. It looks like a fun and charming game. But of course, nothing mindblowing to say the least or great.

After playing DQ 11 s and Xenoblade DE back to back this game will be very refreshing for me at least.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
a little higher than SS's current metacritic critic's score...but that could be attributed to newness...gonna be curious how usera rated it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think that score is fair and expected. It looks like a fun and charming game. But of course, nothing mindblowing to say the least or great.

After playing DQ 11 s and Xenoblade DE back to back this game will be very refreshing for me at least.

Yeah, it’s probably best to treat it like animal crossing. Just something relaxing. A palate cleanser. After TLOU2 and Ghost I don’t mind something goofy to play.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Still day one

I feel like if the battle system had levels and exp everyone would love the game.
it probably would make it a little better. SS was pretty drab with no real incentive to battle.

about half way through I just started avoiding battles I could

story in this one looks better though...SS's story was ass

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
it probably would make it a little better. SS was pretty drab with no real incentive to battle.

I personally feel like if this was established as a new Mario franchise this and color splash would have been better received. Not saying they are great games but not trash. Because people absolutely adoreD 64 and thousand year door so seeing their favorite RPG series turning to this upsets them. And they will always view paper Mario as an RPG series.

But make no mistake about SS was trash everywhere not just combat. Easily the worst Mario game from the last decade.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps

Sticker star had no direction. So I’m supposed to go thru the swamp and save the wriggler but I need this bowling ball sticker? How the fukk was I supposed to know that? Only game I had to play with my damn phone opened up on google to figure out what to do next