Overhead/military press ****s all over bench press.

semtex

:)
Daps
I want to slap myself for just gettin on that pike press wave today :angry: better late than never tho. I oughta be on some hector lombard shyt between that, hip pushups, front plate raises, and overhead press.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
I got up to like 110 free weights and just said fukk this scary shyt. Just went ahead and went ham on the seated shoulder presses :many:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
3 days out of the week I'm doing some sort of variation

clean and press
push press
sit down overheads

:banderas:

clean and press though :whew:

Always need a mini break after those sets.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Gotta agree a very pivotal lift in shaping that delt & lat area.....a Vertical Press elevates your horizontal press exponentially i.e bench strength goes KABOOM when you hauling crazy weight on the MOHP (military over head press)...just scored a a 176 Overhead press PR last week before deload....Just commenced with Cycle 2 & I'm looking to eclipse that in about 5 weeks tryna holla at 180 this cycle...see how it goes :manny:

On another note I witnessed some BEASTLY training ...some guy maybe no more than 5'7 and probably around 190-200ishlbs stocky frame asked me if he could work in with me but I was like yea sure then there is me about to to deload the bar for him & he says to me " Na mate leave that weight on I'm warming up first".....mind you the bar is holding 2PPS (basically my 4th set weight) & this dude just bangs out multiples all day like he was born to squat well I finished my 5th set and moved onto bench...couldn't help but watch him scream the gym down when he was squatting 413 @ 4 sets x 9 reps:gladbron:. then he moves on to military/push press and maxes out at 225 X 3 sets @ 4-6 reps on each set :whoo::ooh::krs:.. anyways so after watching this muffukkkaaa make mince meat outta them big ass weights, I got inspired to go SQUAT (again mind you) my enviousness away so I loaded up the hack squat & went HAM on them hams & quads like a boss:smugdraper:
IMG_4216_zpsda4453a0.jpg

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Been meaning to do the standing variation for the longest

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
My workout schedule hasn't been steady. But, I got around to clean and military press this Sunday. Got up to 135 for 3 reps. Pretty good progress but compared to my personal best of 10 reps at 135 a couple of years ago, it's sad.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The form on those clean and press is so hard to master especially when people sink down to bring the weight back up. I have to go into the gym late at night to practice these because theres always some hater in the cut with a phone waiting to put you on youtube for having bad form.

a8W3yqQ_460sa.gif
CAN I LIVE???? :damn:

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
The form on those clean and press is so hard to master especially when people sink down to bring the weight back up. I have to go into the gym late at night to practice these because theres always some hater in the cut with a phone waiting to put you on youtube for having bad form.

a8W3yqQ_460sa.gif
CAN I LIVE???? :damn:

Its so demonic, friends. :sitdown:

Work on perfecting your form with just the bar and record it with your phone so you can see what part of the lift you need to work on.

The explosiveness of the lift will take your bjj to the next level breh :whew:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Work on perfecting your form with just the bar and record it with your phone so you can see what part of the lift you need to work on.

The explosiveness of the lift will take your bjj to the next level breh :whew:
Because of the family life i dont have as much time to train or lift. I only get in there 2 times a week and all i have time to do is jump rope for 30 minutes, dead lift, take an 80 pound bar and do a set of 15 where i bring the bar from my neck to my sternum for 5 reps, then from my thigh to my sternum for 5 reps and then all the way from my thigh to my neck for 5 reps, followed by some abs and im out. because of the limited time i have im tryin to only focus on all in one excercises and it looks like i may have to incorporate these presses.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Because of the family life i dont have as much time to train or lift. I only get in there 2 times a week and all i have time to do is jump rope for 30 minutes, dead lift, take an 80 pound bar and do a set of 15 where i bring the bar from my neck to my sternum for 5 reps, then from my thigh to my sternum for 5 reps and then all the way from my thigh to my neck for 5 reps, followed by some abs and im out. because of the limited time i have im tryin to only focus on all in one excercises and it looks like i may have to incorporate these presses.

I haven't even signed up for a new gym yet, also pressed for time. I've been working out at my son's wrestling school the last couple of months and have been pretty much doing the same, full body stuff and strength and conditioning stuff.

semtex

:)
Daps
pike press is so slept on :dwillhuh: especially with elevated feet, shyt be feeling like you're gonna flip over. Having a good bodyweight exercise for traps is :blessed: status, y'all know how I feel about traps