Overhead/military press ****s all over bench press.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I do both?

Overhead presses are a bytch though. Like squats and deadlifts have me sweating up a storm but I fatigue way too easily on overhead press at low ass weights :mjcry: though from what I read this is common. I don't feel wiped out as much as other exercises though, just my muscles are like "I'm out. I'm done :pachaha:"

I've had more exercise failures/incompletes with overhead press than any other exercise.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bench press is better for building a nice chest than military press is for shoulders. Military press is very front delt heavy. They won't necessarily give you the width or overall volume that lateral head exercises do. I'm not saying people shouldn't do them but just that they should know what they're getting out of them :yeshrug:

Based on what? Absolutely nothing :heh:

Are there people out here that do just barbell flat bench and call it a day? Like I said, just like with any other muscle group presses operate the same exact way on shoulders. And each press has a different effect on how they hit ya delts

Militarily press seated and standing, dumbbell presses, seated in front or behind the head, etc... Any combination of these should be in a shoulder workout and the results will be the same, obviously on a smaller scale since shoulders is a smaller muscle group

@Luck dont you hate when you get minor injuries and it fukks your next workout up? :beli:

Friday i was doing overhead presses and towards my last rep i snapped my left wrist slightly by accident when i mistimed my lift..

Got so heated. Now tomorrow is the day i bench and do bent over rows and i hope that doesnt mess up my lifts...

shyt my entire workouts have to be structured around my knees and elbows, knees especially. Why I don't play pick up ball or run outside anymore because I can't do that and legs, it's either one or the other :mjcry: so that pick up shyt is over

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
What the difference between sittin and standin (obviously standing will require more strength since you have less support and you gonna use your core more bit is that all?)?

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
What the difference between sittin and standin (obviously standing will require more strength since you have less support and you gonna use your core more bit is that all?)?

You answered your own question, yea thats it

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I want everyone to go to their gym and do Z presses, reply back with how that went :smugbiden:

semtex

:)
Daps
I want everyone to go to their gym and do Z presses, reply back with how that went :smugbiden:
:leon:

Z-Press-Advanced-Overhead-Pressing.jpg