Overhead/military press ****s all over bench press.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Overhead has always been my weakest lift. I dont know why it will never go up.

Because thats the case for everyone. Its everyones weakest muscle so its harder to progress on it.

But when you do its the most beneficial especially since women notice broad shoulders before anything else.

Its hard for everyone not just you cause your only using one muscle.

Keep trying...it takes a lonnng time to get over 200 pounds like these big nikkaz out there

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Shoulder width comes from hitting the lateral heads though. If you want that width hit upright rows and lateral raises.

I like military press just cause it's a bad ass lift.... but it's not really great for building nice looking shoulders. You get more than enough front delt action from pressing.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Shoulder width comes from hitting the lateral heads though. If you want that width hit upright rows and lateral raises.

I like military press just cause it's a bad ass lift.... but it's not really great for building nice looking shoulders. You get more than enough front delt action from pressing.

Idk whenever I do upright rows my shoulders feel terrible :francis:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

What :why:

That's like saying bench press isn't good for a nice chest :snoop: you was in the other thread saying you don't even military press like that so why lie and send people off?

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

That's like saying bench press isn't good for a nice chest :snoop: you was in the other thread saying you don't even military press like that so why lie and send people off?

Ive gotten my shoulder press up about 20 since this thread and people already notice an improvement in me.

I had done it in the start of the year but started focusing more on benching only.

Now i do the bent over row and shoulder press in addition to the bench and people notice my changes more.

My military is still low as hell but now my shoulders pop out more.

So yeah i think its the best excercise to not just get results but to have people notice it more.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ive gotten my shoulder press up about 20 since this thread and people already notice an improvement in me.

I had done it in the start of the year but started focusing more on benching only.

Now i do the bent over row and shoulder press in addition to the bench and people notice my changes more.

My military is still low as hell but now my shoulders pop out more.

So yeah i think its the best excercise to not just get results but to have people notice it more.

people use stupid logic here that's why it's hard to take conversations seriously. Are your shoulders different from the rest of your body? Why would a persons shoulder not benefit from a heavy press the same way the rest of your body does...show me somebody with nice shoulder press numbers that doesn't have huge shoulders

Now as far as shyttin on bench press, nah two different exercises for two different muscle groups but for shoulder development there isn't a better exercise

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
I do mines with Dumbbells but it is a priority exercise on back/shoulder days. Those and side lateral raises will never get skipped

semtex

:)
Daps
I'm makin all kinda of gainz on standing overhead press with 5/3/1. :ahh: pllan on breaking 200lbs next week

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Luck dont you hate when you get minor injuries and it fukks your next workout up? :beli:

Friday i was doing overhead presses and towards my last rep i snapped my left wrist slightly by accident when i mistimed my lift..

Got so heated. Now tomorrow is the day i bench and do bent over rows and i hope that doesnt mess up my lifts...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

Bench press is better for building a nice chest than military press is for shoulders. Military press is very front delt heavy. They won't necessarily give you the width or overall volume that lateral head exercises do. I'm not saying people shouldn't do them but just that they should know what they're getting out of them :yeshrug: