OutKast Reunion is dead, says Sleepy Brown

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Outkast was done after stankonia. It was LA Reid that saw the $ in keeping the brand alive.

There was definitely was falling out at one point.

ONP has talked about it. If you read magazine interviews from that era, the shots on Mighty O, when Big got tired and hopped on Pink Matter, the "gillette shyt" comment, you can see multiple times Big was fed up. Big and Dre turned into Big and Killer Mike.

"All I know is Big here, Dre gone, moved on, changed name from Aquemini to Purple Ribbon."

Outkast been on epic for a decade, ain't nothing stopping them from putting out music except Dre.

There was never any real tension. Their lives changed and had been changing since after the debut. Andre 3000 became vegan and stopped smoking. Because of it, they no longer recorded in the same sessions. I think Aquemini was the last album where they were in the same sessions.

There are no real shots in "Mighty O". Its basically Big and Andre trying to one up each other lyrically.

Big definitely wanted to reunite Kast for more music, but obviously Andre had other plans. He even admits to leaving millions in tour/show money on the table on T.I.'s "Sorry".

And of course, Andre 3000 and Big Boi on the same song would then be an OutKast feature. Think about it, how would it look for an OutKast reunion to happen on someone else's album that wasn't DF. Yes, it would have made sense to reunite on Goodie Mob's Survival Kit, but the separate features were a call back to Soul Food where they had separate features on the same album.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
There was never any real tension. Their lives changed and had been changing since after the debut. Andre 3000 became vegan and stopped smoking. Because of it, they no longer recorded in the same sessions. I think Aquemini was the last album where they were in the same sessions.

There are no real shots in "Mighty O". Its basically Big and Andre trying to one up each other lyrically.

Big definitely wanted to reunite Kast for more music, but obviously Andre had other plans. He even admits to leaving millions in tour/show money on the table on T.I.'s "Sorry".

And of course, Andre 3000 and Big Boi on the same song would then be an OutKast feature. Think about it, how would it look for an OutKast reunion to happen on someone else's album that wasn't DF. Yes, it would have made sense to reunite on Goodie Mob's Survival Kit, but the separate features were a call back to Soul Food where they had separate features on the same album.
There was. Big was tired of Dre's shyt.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
This is news?

Who didn't know that?

My man roaming the earf

Becoming one with Nature

I bet he lives til he's like 90

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Some crazy fans are gonna make an AIndre 4000 album and release the flutes on him, for real.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Like I said a long time ago

All I want i the unreleased music in their vault. Big Boi already confirmed they have unreleased shyt
same, i have issues with the fact they went out on idelwild, that was a wack project. i'd have more closure with them if SB/LB was their dénouement or if they gave us a lost tapes

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
The greatest hip hop duo of all time. They gave us 5 classic albums in a row. No need to mess up the legacy at this point. Especially since there aren't many fans of hip hop left. Everyone is a critic now and over analyze everything. An Outkast album today would be unlike anything you ever heard. They always "dared to be different" and it always worked.

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The excuse is that the south saw it as a symbol of pride or something. How they fought against the north or whatever. I’m not American so I don’t know the intricacies about what the flag has been used for over the last 200 years or whatever but apparently it was a symbol of the south not JUST a symbol of white supremacy that it seems to be seen as these days.
It’s not that.

They’re doing it in the same vein that Black people use the N word in general. To “take the power back”. Doesn’t make sense in either instance, but if y’all are cool with the N word you really can’t stand on having any issue with dudes carrying around the Confederate flag. :yeshrug: