Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to SPCM in 94 young'n and yes, Stankonia and TLB/SP are not on the same level as the first three, but they are much better than anything Mobb Deep has made since Murda Muzik.

Albert Einstein
HNIC
Return Of The Mac

all disagree

Juneya

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Panola Road
Im shocked at the lack of love that Kast gets here, but this is supposed to be a hip hop head board. So I can see why many are choosing mob.

Musically, I don't think mobb is touching Kast. But I do like shook ones.
I think Kast is in a league of their own...
And I would take Clipse over Mobb any day.

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this is a wash for me as far as better duo. i think mobb has the best album out of both groups (infamous), but they both have a very strong body of work and both groups are well respected all over. both groups also had their major debuts with classic albums right on the tail end of the golden era of hip hop.

Mobb Deep personifies Hip hop at it's greatest, Outkast personifies it's demise.

how so?

if you're referring to the rise of southern hip hop as the demise of hip hop in general, then i believe you have it wrong. hip hop's demise was not because of the rise of southern hip hop. if the east and west coast continued to make strong music at the same time the south started coming up then there might not have been a "demise"...

also i don't put outkast, goodie mob, ugk, etc in the same category of snap rap or trap rap that the south gets a bad rep for.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Haven't been a fan of Mobb Deep since after Murda Muzik. That was their last quality album to me and everybody knows how bad prodigy has fallen off lyrically. Not to mention they were never diverse.

Kast by the size of a planet.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. You;re looking at 2 groups that both have 3 consecutive back-to-back classics, or at least 2 classics and 1 near-classic, depending on how you view Southerplayalistic and Murda Muzik.

My personal vote goes to Mobb, just because I think their catalog of classic music goes deeper. if I'm counting the Murda Muzik advance version, and all the Hell on Earth leftovers on Mobb Misses I and II, it's a no brainer.

And then when you include their solo catalogs, you get another 3 very very fukking good albums by Prodigy in HNIC, Return of the Mac, and Albert Einstein.

I just drift that the Mobb sound more, and they're my favorite group of all time, but I'd have zero problems with anyone putting Outkast over Mobb Deep. I had ATLiens in rotation just last week. I don't need to say how amazing Andre is.
Sometimes I feel the first three Outkast albums are classic, sometimes I feel none of them are. The Infamous is the only undisputed classic from either group.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
:ufdup:

nikka you said Havoc was a better rapper than Big Boi... and said Prodigy had a case for GOAT. We can easily put on Big Boi's solo projects to just completely disregard that first statement. 3 Stacks can go verse for verse with anyone
Hav is a lot nicer than he gets credit for. But I'll go with Big Boi. P was the GOAT from 95-99.

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
even on the 3 album run that gets compared outkast was more dynamic. i dont think its just that its a hip hop board, you coulda been on any balanced hip hop board after that 3 album run and most would have said outkast. there are just a bunch of east heads on here. cmon, stankonia being portrayed as not even good? this would be like saying goodie mob was better than kast.