Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

BlackDroog

All Star
Daps
Both dope. no comparison to me because they are so different. Personally Mobb Deep is my favorite group, but honestly...Infamous, ATLiens and Hell on Earth are the 3 best albums (including solo's) in each groups catalogs.

Big Skilly Films

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mobb Deep has better albums but Big Boi > Havoc

maybe in rapping but everyone knows havoc is the beat maker not really the rapper...i fukks with both but i listen to the mobb much more...both are legendary groups...cant front on that

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Mobb Deep.

Prodigy at his peak has a case for GOAT, he had the voice, lyricism, delivery, stories, emotion. Havoc was a better rapper than Big Boi :childplease:, he had bars, a deep voice, a consistent flow, lets not forget he was one of the best producers of the era and made so many legendary beats. Then you got Big Noyd who was nice AF, and was basically an unofficial member of Mobb Depp.

The Infamous
is better than any Kast album, Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik are also classics.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mobb Deep.

Prodigy at his peak has a case for GOAT, he had the voice, lyricism, delivery, stories, emotion. Havoc was a better rapper than Big Boi :childplease:, he had bars, a deep voice, a consistent flow, lets not forget he was one of the best producers of the era and made so many legendary beats. Then you got Big Noyd who was nice AF, and was basically an unofficial member of Mobb Depp.
The Infamous is better than any Kast album, Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik are also classics.

:stopitslime: if this aint the most biased shyt I ever read

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby:

Kast is nice but they not fukkin with the Mobb :blessed:

:ufdup:

nikka you said Havoc was a better rapper than Big Boi... and said Prodigy had a case for GOAT. We can easily put on Big Boi's solo projects to just completely disregard that first statement. 3 Stacks can go verse for verse with anyone

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
mobb deep as a duo. but we all know who's the best rapper outta the 4 by far. 'kast got albums like more, too buy i think MD is technically a better hiphop duo, especially with a producer in the mix.

Prodigy > Andre 3000

Kast definitely pushed the music further with their sound. Southernplayalistic is their only album that wasn't as distinct sonically. That album was heavily G-Funk influenced. By ATLiens, their sound was more spacey and trippy. Then came Aquemini which built on ATLiens with more live instrumentation. They were also sharper rappers on that album with the storytelling, wordplay, rhyme schemes, and flows. By the time Stankonia came out, OutKast's sound was ahead of it's time. "B.O.B." didn't sound like anything else and incorporated several styles like many songs on that album. Speakerboxxx/Love Below was far outside of the box (both albums).

Mobb Deep is a great group, but the biggest flaw was growth. The Mobb had a stellar three album run of greatness with Infamous, Hell On Earth, and Murda Muzik. Then came Infamy (which is still dope IMO including the 112 featured single) and that's when Prodigy was struggling while Havoc held it together. Amerikaz Nightmare was dope too, but again Prodigy was struggling. Blood Money had some heat, but it was a messy album overall.

Outkast advanced rap straight into pop music.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
you keep saying this but outkast got wack after the 3rd album.

and their 3 album run wasn't touching mobb deep's neither.

I'm telling you, the only people riding for Outkast this hard are the White kids whose first album was Speaker Boxx/ Love Below and Black suburban kids who went back and listened to all the old stuff. They think "Hey Ya" "Roses" "Ghetto Musick" are all amazing displays of rap. No point in arguing. They really think 3 Stacks is significantly better, if at all, than Crime Rhyme Houdini P :mjpls:

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm telling you, the only people riding for Outkast this hard are the White kids whose first album was Speaker Boxx/ Love Below and Black suburban kids who went back and listened to all the old stuff. They think "Hey Ya" "Roses" "Ghetto Musick" are all amazing displays of rap. No point in arguing. They really think 3 Stacks is significantly better, if at all, than Crime Rhyme Houdini P :mjpls:

nikka I grew up on Outkast, fukk outta here b

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was listening to SPCM in 94 young'n and yes, Stankonia and TLB/SP are not on the same level as the first three, but they are much better than anything Mobb Deep has made since Murda Muzik.