Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
even on the 3 album run that gets compared outkast was more dynamic. i dont think its just that its a hip hop board, you coulda been on any balanced hip hop board after that 3 album run and most would have said outkast. there are just a bunch of east heads on here. cmon, stankonia being portrayed as not even good? this would be like saying goodie mob was better than kast.

:why:

I don't give a fukk about how "dynamic" it was or how they fused funk and pop music with rap

Stankonia is garbage. Soul Food> any Outkast album not ATLiens and maybe Aquemini.

You got people from the South and West Coast saying Mobb Deep. Go elsewhere, gnat.

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who are you wacky's long lost twin? calm down. meaning they were better all around. it may not matter to you, but they were better at more things than mobb deep. are you stupid enough to argue otherwise? does arguing soul food is better than any outkast album mean goodie mob was better? of course not. i think soul food is just as good if not better than any kast album.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
who are you wacky's long lost twin? calm down. meaning they were better all around. it may not matter to you, but they were better at more things than mobb deep. are you stupid enough to argue otherwise? does arguing soul food is better than any outkast album mean goodie mob was better? of course not. i think soul food is just as good if not better than any kast album.

How were they better at more things? Havoc made his own beats, Outkast did not. Fukk out here with that nonsense.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How were they better at more things? Havoc made his own beats, Outkast did not. Fukk out here with that nonsense.

Wrong. The credits for 5 songs on ATLiens read "produced by OutKast". Kast along with Mr. DJ did the bulk of Aquemini and Stankonia. Andre 3000 produced all of Love Below and several songs on Speakerboxxx. Big Boi also produced and co-produced songs on Speakerboxxx. They've also produced songs for other artists outside of and for Dungeon Family.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Wrong. The credits for 5 songs on ATLiens read "produced by OutKast". Kast along with Mr. DJ did the bulk of Aquemini and Stankonia. Andre 3000 produced all of Love Below and several songs on Speakerboxxx. Big Boi also produced and co-produced songs on Speakerboxxx. They've also produced songs for other artists outside of and for Dungeon Family.

* sigh

Get Outkast dikk out your mouth, boy.

Havoc is a legend as a producer. Ain't nobody giving Dre and Big Boi for those shytty albums they produced.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
* sigh

Get Outkast dikk out your mouth, boy.

Havoc is a legend as a producer. Ain't nobody giving Dre and Big Boi for those shytty albums they produced.

:camby:

You said OutKast weren't producers. I merely pointed out that they were. The bolded statement is hypocritical since you are in every Kast related threaded spewing the same garbage. On top of that, replace Kast in the bolded statement and that's exactly what you've been doing for Mobb Deep in not only this thread, but others.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

You said OutKast weren't producers. I merely pointed out that they were. The bolded statement is hypocritical since you are in every Kast related threaded spewing the same garbage. On top of that, replace Kast in the bolded statement and that's exactly what you've been doing for Mobb Deep in not only this thread, but others.

Le me know when people champion "Stankonia" and "Speakerboxx/Love Below" as game changing moments in rap, let alone producing

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Havoc made his own beats, Outkast did not.
thats not relevant to what i was saying or the final product. we can get into debates on beats and lyrics, id say kast you'd say mobb. whats not up for debate is kast made better hooks and had more range. sonically, topicwise or whatever. they made better all around songs. you can put kast on any beat, east coast, west coast, or south, theyre not limited.

stankonia does have great production.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

For better or for worse, much of current Hip Hop sonically sounds more like Stankonia and Speakerboxxx/Love Below than anything Mobb Deep released. That's not me reaching for air, it's something that can be backed up.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:ufdup:

nikka you said Havoc was a better rapper than Big Boi... and said Prodigy had a case for GOAT. We can easily put on Big Boi's solo projects to just completely disregard that first statement. 3 Stacks can go verse for verse with anyone
Big Boi was not better lyrically than Havoc was when Mobb was in their prime. What Big Boi verse is touching Hav's verse on "Trife Life" or "Temperature's Rising?

Prodigy had a GOAT level peak from 95-99 when you look at the three classics Mobb Deep released as well as his guest appearances on tracks such as I Shot Ya.