Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
I feel like this question has been asked here before, but to me there is no wrong answer. Both groups have several critically acclaimed albums, and fire discographies. I think it all boils down to which sound you prefer, because you cant really make the claim that either group was vastly superior to the other. That said, I favor the Mobb sound, so I go with them every time. They're my favorite duo.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I like them both, but I go with Kast. Might be my regionalism talking but my main reason is 3 stacks/bigboi were closer in talent than Prodigy/havoc. But like I said, i fukk with both of them.

Art of storytelling 2 and shook ones II are two of my alltime fav songs :yeshrug:

yea, because havoc didn't do the beats right?:whistle: so un-talented.:whistle:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Mobb Deep has better albums but Big Boi > Havoc
If u put it in perspective u cant say Big Boi>Havoc...unless u talkin bout just rappin..but overall...Hav is one of the greatest Hip Hop producers of all time..so that balances shyt out different..

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Honestly depends what kind of mood I'm in. Outkast probably pushed the genre further in terms of experimenting with different sounds, but Prodigy is one of my favourite emcees of all time, and personally I fukk with Mobb Deep more. Like duke above said though, there is no right or wrong answer, both groups are at the very top of the heap in terms of classics and influence, it all just comes down to preference as their sound is very different.
U think Kast pushed the game further as far as sound?...as far as sound goes..Hav's production was some ol other shyt...

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First thing in the morning i see this bs :rudy:

Mobb Deep personifies Hip hop at it's greatest, Outkast personifies it's demise.

tumblr_m3423bpI2f1qcx5rwo1_400.jpg

Vs
outkast1.jpg

:comeon:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Kast, I LOVED Mobb, but ultimately, they have no depth. They can tell you 4515 ways how to kill a nikka and thats it. Kast has thought provoking music. But i do put on Mobb when im in a grimy mood