Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U think Kast pushed the game further as far as sound?...as far as sound goes..Hav's production was some ol other shyt...

Kast definitely pushed the music further with their sound. Southernplayalistic is their only album that wasn't as distinct sonically. That album was heavily G-Funk influenced. By ATLiens, their sound was more spacey and trippy. Then came Aquemini which built on ATLiens with more live instrumentation. They were also sharper rappers on that album with the storytelling, wordplay, rhyme schemes, and flows. By the time Stankonia came out, OutKast's sound was ahead of it's time. "B.O.B." didn't sound like anything else and incorporated several styles like many songs on that album. Speakerboxxx/Love Below was far outside of the box (both albums).

Mobb Deep is a great group, but the biggest flaw was growth. The Mobb had a stellar three album run of greatness with Infamous, Hell On Earth, and Murda Muzik. Then came Infamy (which is still dope IMO including the 112 featured single) and that's when Prodigy was struggling while Havoc held it together. Amerikaz Nightmare was dope too, but again Prodigy was struggling. Blood Money had some heat, but it was a messy album overall.

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
mobb deep as a duo. but we all know who's the best rapper outta the 4 by far. 'kast got albums like more, too buy i think MD is technically a better hiphop duo, especially with a producer in the mix.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. You;re looking at 2 groups that both have 3 consecutive back-to-back classics, or at least 2 classics and 1 near-classic, depending on how you view Southerplayalistic and Murda Muzik.

My personal vote goes to Mobb, just because I think their catalog of classic music goes deeper. if I'm counting the Murda Muzik advance version, and all the Hell on Earth leftovers on Mobb Misses I and II, it's a no brainer.

And then when you include their solo catalogs, you get another 3 very very fukking good albums by Prodigy in HNIC, Return of the Mac, and Albert Einstein.

I just drift that the Mobb sound more, and they're my favorite group of all time, but I'd have zero problems with anyone putting Outkast over Mobb Deep. I had ATLiens in rotation just last week. I don't need to say how amazing Andre is.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kast definitely pushed the music further with their sound. Southernplayalistic is their only album that wasn't as distinct sonically. That album was heavily G-Funk influenced. By ATLiens, their sound was more spacey and trippy. Then came Aquemini which built on ATLiens with more live instrumentation. They were also sharper rappers on that album with the storytelling, wordplay, rhyme schemes, and flows. By the time Stankonia came out, OutKast's sound was ahead of it's time. "B.O.B." didn't sound like anything else and incorporated several styles like many songs on that album. Speakerboxxx/Love Below was far outside of the box (both albums).

Mobb Deep is a great group, but the biggest flaw was growth. The Mobb had a stellar three album run of greatness with Infamous, Hell On Earth, and Murda Muzik. Then came Infamy (which is still dope IMO including the 112 featured single) and that's when Prodigy was struggling while Havoc held it together. Amerikaz Nightmare was dope too, but again Prodigy was struggling. Blood Money had some heat, but it was a messy album overall.
Son u I feel u..but like I said...as far as hip hop production goes..Havoc>>>>..IMO..if u talkin bout albums that had a huge impact on hip hop..The Infamous>>>>any Outkast album...and I'm not even tryna knock Outkast cause which group is better is all preference and they're both all time great groups..

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Kast, I LOVED Mobb, but ultimately, they have no depth. They can tell you 4515 ways how to kill a nikka and thats it. Kast has thought provoking music. But i do put on Mobb when im in a grimy mood

mobb deep has no depth now?
theyre not thought-provoking?
all they rap about is how to kill niccas?

do you dudes listen to music or do you just skim thru it?

If u put it in perspective u cant say Big Boi>Havoc...unless u talkin bout just rappin..but overall...Hav is one of the greatest Hip Hop producers of all time..so that balances shyt out different..

havoc better than big boi at rapping too.

U think Kast pushed the game further as far as sound?...as far as sound goes..Hav's production was some ol other shyt...

I guess you didn't get the memo.

we're supposed to act like kast is pushing the envelope because theyre "different".

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
mobb deep is a legitimate top 15 group.
arguably top 10.

they win this easily. outkast isn't in their class.

learn to read. I said closer in talent. not that havoc was untalented.

my apologies. blame it on the time of my post.

that's still a ridiculous comment on your part tho, regardless.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First three albums, they were neck to neck, but then Mobb Deep fell the fukk off...or should I say Prodigy fell the fukk off. Kast kept making dope music for the next two albums as a group.