Hip Hop Outkast or Mobb Deep...who was the better duo?

Who was the better duo?

• Mobb Deep

Votes: 116 49.4%
  • Outkast

Votes: 119 50.6%

• Total voters

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big Boi was not better lyrically than Havoc was when Mobb was in their prime. What Big Boi verse is touching Hav's verse on "Trife Life" or "Temperature's Rising?

Prodigy had a GOAT level peak from 95-99 when you look at the three classics Mobb Deep released as well as his guest appearances on tracks such as I Shot Ya.

want me to keep going, Havoc can't fukk with Big Boi

Eoin

Pro
Daps
Easily one of the most biased and stupidest threads i've ever witnessed on here, with that idiot Poitier leading the race

:stopitslime:

Kast easily

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Im shocked at the lack of love that Kast gets here, but this is supposed to be a hip hop head board. So I can see why many are choosing mob.

Musically, I don't think mobb is touching Kast. But I do like shook ones.
I think Kast is in a league of their own...
And I would take Clipse over Mobb any day.[/quote
What does "musically" mean? It seems like its yall way of praising them for being weird and making corny pop songs

Eoin

Pro
Daps
What does "musically" mean? It seems like its yall way of praising them for being weird and making corny pop songs
And you praise depp for sounding like 2 dusty crack heads freestyling under a bridge? :stopitslime: But you can relate more to that RIGHT?

Eoin

Pro
Daps
Also who the fukk said Big Noyd is nice as fukk? you should be banned for that comment alone

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Grew up on Outkast. Listened to them hard back in high school in the H.

I'm biased, but so what. You cant go wrong with either one imo.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
U think Kast pushed the game further as far as sound?...as far as sound goes..Hav's production was some ol other shyt...

Yeah Havoc's production was crazy dope, but it was still rooted in that same old boom bap and grimey NY sound in my opinion. The fact he was pretty sparse with his beats and didn't produce much outside his clique also hurt him in my opinion. Hav should be looked at as one of the dopest to ever do it, but you rarely hear his name brought up in top 5 producer lists.

Outkast pushed the boundaries in terms of the sounds they used, look at something like "Spottieottiedopealicous", the horns were crazy, that doesn't sound like a traditional rap song, even B.O.B. with it's Drum n Bass tempo. Not to mention 3 Stacks and the whole "Love Below" album.

As I said my personal preference in terms of music is Mobb Deep, but either answer is correct and can be argued for.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Also who the fukk said Big Noyd is nice as fukk? you should be banned for that comment alone
nikka I said it, if anyone's biased or stupid it's you. He killed every verse with Mobb Deep and Episodes of a Hustla is an underground gem :camby:

nikkas is mad because Mobb Deep is winning :umad: :umad: :umad:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Random thoughts after reading this thread:

1. I like both groups equally if we're talking about their best material. I prefer Outkast over all, because they didn't have the dramatic fall off Mobb Deep did. Which brings me to point 2....

2. Prodigy had arguably the worst fall off in rap history. People, be it fans or other rappers, still check for verses from Andre. Both Havoc and Big Boi are criminally overlooked, and unfairly overshadowed by their partners.

3. Don't really see how Havoc revolutionized producing in any way. He's nice as hell but he wasn't doing anything that RZA and Muggs weren't doing before him. Outkast's production, for better or worse, sounds wildly different on each album.

4. These threads are always a chore because half the people posting in them don't know what they're talking about, and are just going off preferences. Like son who said Outkast didn't do their own beats. They only produced around 90% of their own discography. That makes me :patrice:about engaging in these kinds of discussions because that's common knowledge. It ain't some super-duper hidden rap facts.

5. Big Noyd is wild decent but nobody in their right mind would say he's a top tier rapper. Not even sure what this has to do with anything since he's not in Mobb Deep. That's like me saying I give the edge to Outkast based on Cee-Lo's verse on "Git Up Git Out".

Fred.