Our Lives Are About To Change in a fundamental way brehs: Ex Google Officer Speaks out on A.I.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

31jqjmq8fo3b1.jpg

some comments here will age like milk too.

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
WTF!? I am really out of the loop if this is what is passing for great art these days. I look at this and just can't convince myself it looks good at all.
It s mix up of African Art, Jean Debuffet l and Cy Twombly and then I added New Orleans Louisiana color to it.

You can see in the face of the African mask.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I agree. I'm just tryna figure out how to max out the success of the piece. So far nothing yet. Galleries act pretty much indifferent to being in a museum's permanent collection. Which I feel is bogus in theory. Cause who wouldn't want an emerging artist whose work is permanently collected right?
The gallery world is all about who you know

Everyone I’ve met has been through someone else

With you already putting pieces in museums you’re definitely on the right track though

Do you have high quality scans where you can make giclees and other high quality prints?

Thats where you’re going to make your money

Join the museum (and every local art museum) so you’ll get invites to all the meet and greets if you haven’t already, have your elevator speech ready at all times because you never know who you‘ll meet at those events, and just focus on constantly working and getting better

The money will come

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
This is a painting if not by Jean Michel Basquiat inspired by him. He was a black Neo Expressionist painter that changed the world of Art.

Jean-Michel Basquiat - Wikipedia
Nope. This painting is a recreation of a drawing I recently did when I came back from NO. I was looking at the African sculpture of Mami Wata.
The collage is a call back to my time in downtown Baltimore around 2003 to 2009 where you could see graffiti on the walls of buildings where concert flyers were posted up.

I promise you there is 0 Basquiat influences in this piece.

20230513-124409.jpg

Image-1-778x900.jpg

b31856-0.jpg

20230414-115741.jpg

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm listening to the video and stuff. One thing that crossed my mine was we often hear about how there's too many people on the planet from certain voices. We need to reduce our carbon footprint. Not enough food and this and that. I don't put it pass the ultra rich and disconnected to be like "What's the point of having so many people to begin with? We have machines that grow food and take care of all the mundane tasks." It reminds of a Genghis Khan factoid in which he caused so much death that it gave time for reforestation to occur which reduced global warming. To certain megalomaniacs that could give a fukk about people suffering, that's like hitting how ever many birds with one stone.

And there will always be wars. New tech means better weapons. And I say that to say whose going to stop a country that uses of AI for malicious purposes? That old corny take over the world shyt you see in cartoons can become feasible. using this stuff to attack power grids and other types of infrastructure.

There's a lot of positives I can see to but I'm a pessimist so the ills come at me first but dam.. its a cool and powerful tool but I can't see our so called leaders doing shyt about this lmao. They'll give the green light to big business until the train derails.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
The gallery world is all about who you know

Everyone I’ve met has been through someone else

With you already putting pieces in museums you’re definitely on the right track though

Do you have high quality scans where you can make giclees and other high quality prints?

Thats where you’re going to make your money

Join the museum (and every local art museum) so you’ll get invites to all the meet and greets if you haven’t already, have your elevator speech ready at all times because you never know who you‘ll meet at those events, and just focus on constantly working and getting better

The money will come
I joined the museums and tryna get a show right now with Reginald Lewis and Baltimore Museum Of Art. So hopefully something will fall. In the meantime I will def look into residencies and continue to create.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks have no idea what they're talking about at all if they're just gonna have their heads in the sand about this. Andrew Yang was telling y'all about this back in 2020 but folks wouldn't listen. AI will be the driving force to turn America into South America levels of haves/have nots if we don't start taking this AI shyt seriously. Believe none of the cap about it just being a tool and blah blah blah. Unless extreme regulation comes down it's "just a tool" people are making 300-500k a year to figure out how to replace jobs with. Yeah it'll help you with your job, until it learns from you how to do it
"It's just a tool" is the new groupthink reactionary response term nikkas are running with :francis:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Thank you for the information. I feel I am just incapable of seeing that as something compelling to me. I guess I am not cultured enough to accept that as being great art.
It’s one of many styles of art

The kind of art you’re looking for is called representational, where the artist is trying to give the idea of something that exists in real life

There are also artists that look to express their subconscious thoughts and evoke a mood or feeling in the viewer to establish a connection on a more esoteric level and thats the type of art Basquiat did and breh is doing

All artists are inspired by and taught to copy the styles of other artists until their own voice emerges

That piece is not a Basquiat, Basquiat was a member of the neoexpressionist school and breh is carrying on in that tradition.

Another reason I would never share my art here.

Last edited:

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Folks who have jobs that require a skillset aka working with hands blue collar will be alright for the next few decades.

Lotta folks (women especially) finna have their jobs taken.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Some 5 year old in Cambodia can

That shyt is not impressive b
But some 5 yr old in Cambodia didn't tho.

One must be mindful..you can run 1,000 yards rushing in a single season in the NFL....but you didn't.

At the end of the day my art doesn't have to be impressive to you...I got what I wanted from you...a reaction. And you now know my art exists.

Thats all I care about ☺️

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
What matters is when AI becomes 10,000x, 10,000,000x, even billions of times better than humans even at complex tasks. You can't yet envision what that world looks like. A single person controlling an ultra-powerful AI could be more powerful than an entire elite company with thousands of employees but just one generation slower technology.
That's a concern of mine on the back burner.

I look at Elon Musk on Twitter using his feeble mind to amplify the voice of the alt-right and manipulate the market.

I kind of fear what an AI programed to incite violence could be capable of. It will get to a stage where they can build a profile of susceptible individuals at a rate faster than any human could. I guess my concern would be the AI using that information to create and influence communities.

We will see.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

Nope. This painting is a recreation of a drawing I recently did when I came back from NO. I was looking at the African sculpture of Mami Wata.
The collage is a call back to my time in downtown Baltimore around 2003 to 2009 where you could see graffiti on the walls of buildings where concert flyers were posted up.

I promise you there is 0 Basquiat influences in this piece.

20230513-124409.jpg

Image-1-778x900.jpg

b31856-0.jpg

20230414-115741.jpg

1914.jpg

BASQUIAT_XL_GB_3D_01141.jpg

Looks the same to me :yeshrug: