Oprah Says She Won't Stoop To Monique Level; Monique ClapsBack

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Then ignore her and stay neutral

To get up and defend Netflix makes no sense

Let Netflix hold their own nuts.
How can you stay neutral in a 1-sided beef? Netflix hasn’t said anything about Mo’Nique.

Again, y’all are playing yourselves trying to frame this as a pro-black thing where if you’re going along with monique’s bullshyt then you’re somehow not following the pro-black code. What about all of the other black people on Netflix who aren’t complaining? It’s fukk them because you want to support Mo’Nique?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Monique doesn't realize, the more she bytches and moans, the more irrelevant she becomes.

Why not just go the route Katt Williams did-do indie, control your own destiny.

But nooooo she wants to bang on netflix.

Stop asking for handouts.

Perfect example:wow:

Kat went from bugging the hell out with the conspiracy theories (which were pretty accurate) and fighting 8th graders to getting back on his deem. What's Monique's excuse:gucci:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
she needs to leave the big O
alone......Oprah will destroy
you while telling you she loves you.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Daps
I'm convinced she's on her last leg (unshaven :lolbron:) and is just trying to get as much attention as possible. She knows you need allies in the industry. You're going after the number 1 black woman in the game? Really?
:gucci:

O says just enough for us to know where she stands, but can stay on code just enough to not fukk up her coins. Although, I think it was a bad idea for her to get on the "me too" bullshyt. Let white women take down their own men. We need black men and women to be united.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
But Oprah has put Black people on, but she's just like most people in business, you have to have a bankable talent to begin with, you can't come with nothing and say "Oprah, you need to put me on."

Most people in business know they better not help the masses of black people and just like the others, she hasn't.

Do you forget who her audience was?

Why go build a school way in Africa when her hometown needs one?

What good is having successful black people if they're simply going to get their seat at the table of cac supremacy and then :mjpls:.

Listen to that breakdown Yvette and Irami did of Oprah.

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Monique has enough momentum to go out and the bag without Netflix or any middle man.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Most people in business know they better not help the masses of black people and just like the others, she hasn't.

Do you forget who her audience was?

Why go build a school way in Africa when her hometown needs one?

What good is having successful black people if they're simply going to get their seat at the table of cac supremacy and then :mjpls:.

Listen to that breakdown Yvette and Irami did of Oprah.
I agree that Oprah should do more in the U.S. particularly Chicago; I know that she has sent a lot of young Black men to college; There's also this article on why she didn't build a school here:
NEW YORK - Oprah Winfrey has spent five years and $40 million building the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls school in South Africa for impoverished teenagers.

Built to Oprahlicious specifications, the school is situated on 22 lush acres and includes 28 buildings with oversize rooms, 200-thread-count sheets, a yoga studio, beauty salon, indoor and outdoor theaters, hundreds of pieces of original tribal art and sidewalks speckled with colorful tiles.

"I understand that many in the school system and out feel that I'm going overboard, and that's fine. This is what I want to do. I wanted to take girls with that 'It' quality, and give them an opportunity to make a difference in the world," she tells national correspondent Allison Samuels in Newsweek's January 8, 2007 issue. "I'd like to think I have as much good sense as I have money, so that's a lot of good sense."

Samuels, who spent several days with Oprah at the school site in South Africa, reports that Oprah decided to build her own school because she was tired of charity from a distance.

"When I first started making a lot of money," Oprah tells Newsweek, "I really became frustrated with the fact that all I did was write check after check to this or that charity without really feeling like it was a part of me. At a certain point, you want to feel that connection."

Oprah also knows that some people will complain that charity should begin at home, even though she has provided millions of dollars to educate poor children in the United States, especially via her Oprah Winfrey Scholars Program, Samuels reports.

But she sees the two situations as entirely different. "Say what you will about the American educational system - it does work," Oprah tells Newsweek. "If you are a child in the United States, you can get an education."

And she doesn't think that American students - who, unlike Africans, go to school free of charge - appreciate what they have.

"I became so frustrated with visiting inner-city schools that I just stopped going. The sense that you need to learn just isn't there," she says. "If you ask the kids what they want or need, they will say an iPod or some sneakers. In South Africa, they don't ask for money or toys. They ask for uniforms so they can go to school."

More than 3,500 girls applied for 152 spots - and Oprah interviewed all of the 500 finalists herself.

There were so many heartbreaking stories - one in eight South Africans are HIV-positive - that Oprah finally stopped asking girls about their backgrounds.

She had to do something very un-Oprah-like: she buried her emotions. "If I didn't find a way to separate my feelings, I'd have been crying the entire month I was in Africa," she
tells Newsweek. "I see myself in all these girls - the struggles and the hardships that just seem unbearable," she says. "I have nothing but respect for them. I can't understand how someone who's been there can't want to reach back and do something." Oprah calls the school "the fulfillment of my work on earth."

Read entire article at Newsweek.com.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I agree that Oprah should do more in the U.S. particularly Chicago; I know that she has sent a lot of young Black men to college; There's also this article on why she didn't build a school here:
SMH

Bootstraps ass nikka