Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

capblk

Rookie
Daps
Saw it in 70mm, I enjoyed it and will try to catch it in IMAX even though that seems impossible by me.

This was the first time in a while where there was a crazy diverse crowd in the theater and you could feel the excitement. Loved that everyone was respectful, no phones going off, talking etc. for the entire time. The quiet scenes felt super uncomfortable since the room was 100% silent.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
If you've ever seen 'Inglorious Basterds,' there is a moment at the end of the movie where Brad Pitt's character says

2e7b1ec536ce14ec77d36aa7c7b4ea0c214f3e6f.gif

I've read a lot of posts that said that this is Nolan's magnum opus, his masterpiece. So I wanted to know if there was a self-referential moment like that in the movie and there kind of was. It comes when the bombs is dropped on Hiroshima and General Groves tells Oppenheimer that the wisest decision he made was appointing him director of Los Alamos.

The whole movie was about Oppenheimer, the director, delegating tasks left and right, undertaking this huge operation. He was effectively working on a film set out there in the middle of nowhere with thousands of crew members. He acknowledges that other scientists are better at math than he is, which I would imagine Nolan has to acknowledge that there are other filmmakers who were better at action than he is. But he alone is the director to get this job done. This is him saying that "I'm the best director out."

And you would be hard pressed to go against him after this one. What a performance. This, maybe, just maybe, was his masterpiece. :wow:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw this in 70MM IMAX, I liked it and it did not feel like a 3hr film

Nolan really is a master filmmaker :ohlawd:

The scientific explanations and courtroom machinations kept me thoroughly engaged
Cillian Murphy :wow:

The cast of actors in this is insane :wow:

Last edited: