Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GS7105TW0AE6L4t

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This might be Nolans most overrated film by far. I have no desire to ever watch this movie again.
I just watched it for the first time last night. The 3 hour run time kept me at bay for a while.

I'm a big Nolan fan and I agree, this film didn't move me like some of his others. It's better than Tenet tho

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I just watched it for the first time last night. The 3 hour run time kept me at bay for a while.

I'm a big Nolan fan and I agree, this film didn't move me like some of his others. It's better than Tenet tho
Cillian killed his role no doubt. He deserved best actor. But the movie itself just did absolutely nothing for me. At least Tenet tried to be original. It makes my brain hurt but made me think more than Oppenheimer tbh

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Cillian killed his role no doubt. He deserved best actor. But the movie itself just did absolutely nothing for me. At least Tenet tried to be original. It makes my brain hurt but made me think more than Oppenheimer tbh
I appreciate the story being told because I haven't looked into it previously too much.

The acting was great, the dialog and audio quality overall was world's better than some of his other films where you need subtitles on.

This story felt challenging to convey tension leading up to the climax. Laying out theory and the political ideologies that were prevalent at the time isn't exactly exciting theater. They tried adding the random molecular visual scenes with the intense sound effects and the B&W scenes to break up the present vs the past storytelling... Did any of this make the eventual reveal pay off more in the end? Not really.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I appreciate the story being told because I haven't looked into it previously too much.

The acting was great, the dialog and audio quality overall was world's better than some of his other films where you need subtitles on.

This story felt challenging to convey tension leading up to the climax. Laying out theory and the political ideologies that were prevalent at the time isn't exactly exciting theater. They tried adding the random molecular visual scenes with the intense sound effects and the B&W scenes to break up the present vs the past storytelling... Did any of this make the eventual reveal pay off more in the end? Not really.
It should have been a riveting type film and I'm a sucker for historical dramas especially surrounding war time situations but this flick just didn't have that. Nolan has a problem with just letting a movie flow sometimes.