Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i mean "organic emotion". nolan's emotional moves are calculated and visibly so.

i.e.

nolan: "stand there and stare into space for 20 seconds"

cillian: "ok"

nolan: "stand over here and stare into space for 10 seconds"

nolan: "stand over there and stare into space for 15 seconds"

-

it is analogous to breaking the "show don't tell" rule except here he is visibly showing actors emoting rather than just letting them emote.

it is like when you see an actor trying to act vs. an actor just acting.

or put another way you could write down what chris does and how he does it in a book.

it's paint by numbers of the highest order but it IS paint by numbers.

technically 10/10. steady. calculated. synthetic. predictable.

(note: not the story. the direction).
Ive heard Chris and some of his actors describe his process and its not how you described it at all

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Ive heard Chris and some of his actors describe his process and its not how you described it at all

i see ... i must be wrong then ... about his eye movies :hubie:

:snoop:

a5vaIXz.png

:bryan:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Can't find a single theater where the seat isn't in the first 2 rows

:mjcry:

Might have to just bite the bullet and watch it that way.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought I saw it during the screening and it was confirmed reading up on the movie after, but there's a quick shot of a black glove pushing her head in the water. There's a conspiracy theory that she was actually killed.

Superstar
Daps
Its official. This is almost a beat for beat remake of the bbc minu series.

I wondet how excited people would have been if they knew that. Ive caught 50 lines in like 3 eps that are in the film. Theres an article anout the mini online where the producers/writers say they werent contacted at all about the movie and they were looking forward to see what he did with it.

I wonder how big of a suprise this will be for them. Someone gotta be getting sued for this.

Its the same movie, just cut from 7hrs to 3. Same set types. Just with some fancy visuals. Same conversations. Crazy.

Check it out for yaselves.

:mjlol:
We’re they supposed to re-write his life and exploits to make it an original story?!

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
be appalled that a film that's essentially a true story has the same lines as a show about the same creh,brehs. there's also a reason why some scenes were shot in black and white while others were in color. link the article of those producers/writers being pissed how Nolan told the story.

you're an ill-informed detractor, my guy.

We’re they supposed to re-write his life and exploits to make it an original story?!

Look at these stans all mad. Its bigger than retelling what happened. Besides the public talks, everything else is the same. Dialogue. Shots. Reactions. Transitions. Story beats.

Nolan did NOT write this movie. Is my point.

“Goodchild who used his research to write a book on Oppenheimer that published alongside the series in 1980 — had some interaction with Kai Bird, co-author of the 2005 Oppenheimer biography “American Prometheus” that Nolan’s film is based on. However, neither he nor Caleb were contacted by the “Tenet” director or Universal Studios as the new film came together. In fact, the pair are full of questions about how the movie turned out, and how it compares to the series. “I wonder what attracted [Nolan] to Oppenheimer,” Caleb says.”

* their movie obv did

The book the movie is “based on” has nothing to do with the original series. They met briefly.

And yes. Straight PRIVATE conversations are in both. Straight SHOT FOR SHOT scene transitions. Oppenheimer invites his future wife out and invites her husband too. Same response. Cut tot riding horses. Same way. All the private moments are exact.

Of course it was gonna have the senate hearings and all that and be based on truth. But a scene for scene remake? The same exact private lines of “made up” dialog? Do you think this mans entire lifes dialogue is written down. The OG writers made a lot of that shyt up based on info. Nolan just relaid it down as is and cut around it.

Why dont yall rewatch the bbc film for yaselves. They didnt remake “fat man and little boy” they remade the bbc series. Why are those films comoletely diff but these 2 are the exact same movies. EXACT.

If any other big director did this they would be shyt on. Guy took an entire script and just replaced actors and cut out exposition wnd placed his name on it. The only scene i didnt see in this flick were the fukk scenes (and they are def cribbed as well, from both the series and oppenheimers infamous interview himself) and the dissapointed winstein scene used in beginning and end.

What a writer…

I dont expect brand new information. But i expected something new brought to the table somewhat. Obviously there is a degree of artistic lisence taken wiyh any movie. Ive NEVER seen a director get writing credit for cribbing an entire film before and be hailed as some revolutionary filmmaker.

And i dont even know why first guy bringing up the black and white. Thats the one artistic thing he brought to the entire picture. Atleast he did that.

Even the revelation of strauss being behind it all (complete with wife flipping out over it) and all his behind the scenes talks are EXACTLY the same. Beat for beat, same movie. Close ups of the wifes face as oppenheimer tells his story at the clearance hearing. Her being mad after. Annoying lawyer. You telling me they couldnt change it up a little? That it “all happened tbis way”. Get real.

Yall bytch about remakes all day yet sucking this mans dikk when he just straight shot for shot remade a film and didnt even advertise the fact or does anyone seem to know.

What i expected is all his public appearance stuff to be the same. Instead EVERYTHING was. The shots. How they transition. What they transition to. Its more than dialogue.

This film is a paint by numbers copy. Fact. In any other profession, this is plagiarism. He dint even know how to properly give credit to source material.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I thought I saw it during the screening and it was confirmed reading up on the movie after, but there's a quick shot of a black glove pushing her head in the water. There's a conspiracy theory that she was actually killed.
caught that too. Not knowing the real story at all, thought it was a nod to the conspiracy, or the idea that it occurred to Openheimer.

Superstar
Daps
Look at these stans all mad. Its bigger than retelling what happened. Besides the public talks, everything else is the same. Dialogue. Shots. Reactions. Transitions. Story beats.

“Goodchild who used his research to write a book on Oppenheimer that published alongside the series in 1980 — had some interaction with Kai Bird, co-author of the 2005 Oppenheimer biography “American Prometheus” that Nolan’s film is based on. However, neither he nor Caleb were contacted by the “Tenet” director or Universal Studios as the new film came together. In fact, the pair are full of questions about how the movie turned out, and how it compares to the series. “I wonder what attracted [Nolan] to Oppenheimer,” Caleb says.”

* their movie obv did

The book the movie is “based on” has nothing to do with the original series. They met briefly.

And yes. Straight PRIVATE conversations are in both. Straight SHOT FOR SHOT scene transitions. Oppenheimer invites his future wife out and invites her husband too. Same response. Cut tot riding horses. Same way. All the private moments are exact.

Of course it was gonna have the senate hearings and all that and be based on truth. But a scene for scene remake? The same exact private lines of “made up” dialog? Do you think this mans entire lifes dialogue is written down. The OG writers made a lot of that shyt up based on info. Nolan just relaid it down as is and cut around it.

Why dont yall rewatch the bbc film for yaselves. They didnt remake “fat man and little boy” they remade the bbc series. Why are those films comoletely diff but these 2 are the exact same movies. EXACT.

If any other big director did this they would be shyt on. Guy took an entire script and just replaced actors and cut out exposition wnd placed his name on it. The only scene i didnt see in this flick were the fukk scenes (and they are def cribbed as well, from both the series and oppenheimers infamous interview himself) and the dissapointed winstein scene used in beginning and end.

What a writer…

I dont expect brand new information. But i expected something new brought to the table somewhat. Obviously there is a degree of artistic lisence taken wiyh any movie. Ive NEVER seen a director get writing credit for cribbing an entire film before and be hailed as some revolutionary filmmaker.

And i dont even know why first guy bringing up the black and white. Thats the one artistic thing he brought to the entire picture. Atleast he did that.

Even the revelation of strauss being behind it all (complete with wife flipping out over it) and all his behind the scenes talks are EXACTLY the same. Beat for beat, same movie. Close ups of the wifes face as oppenheimer tells his story at the clearance hearing. Her being mad after. Annoying lawyer. You telling me they couldnt change it up a little? That it “all happened tbis way”. Get real.

Yall bytch about remakes all day yet sucking this mans dikk when he just straight shot for shot remade a film and didnt even advertise the fact or does anyone seem to know.

What i expected is all his public appearance stuff to be the same. Instead EVERYTHING was. The shots. How they transition. What they transition to. Its more than dialogue.

This film is a paint by numbers copy. Fact. In any other profession, this is plagiarism. He dint even know how to properly give credit to source material.

The only Nolan films I stan are in the Batman trilogy lmao. I just check the thread, from time to time, to see people’s thoughts on the movie. I thought yours was funny because because you really mad about this.

The energy you put into this dissertation. I ain’t even mad, I write them too when I’m passionate about a subject. Just understand it won’t be a concern to me when I go see it this week lol.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
The only Nolan films I stan are in the Batman trilogy lmao. I just check the thread, from time to time, to see people’s thoughts on the movie. I thought yours was funny because because you really mad about this.

The energy you put into this dissertation. I ain’t even mad, I write them too when I’m passionate about a subject. Just understand it won’t be a concern to me when I go see it this week lo

Laugh out loud bruh

I find it equally hilarious people are defending something they themselves have no idea about because they stan a director. I fukk with nolan but i am dissapointed that ive see this film before and couldn't put my finger on it. All my posts are dissertation-esque.

And noone can say anything about it cause its all there.

Thanks for just accepting the L for nolan since you dont have the facts. You are a bigger man for it!

And yes one of the buggest films of the year is a 85% carbon frame by frame copy, in the era where people are saying filmmaking is dying, one of the most respected filmmakers just did a paint by numbers film. Yea. Its kinda annoying to me. For sure.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

* their movie obv did

What a writer…

Give me a TLDR of your bullshyt. I'm not reading all of this

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Give me a TLDR of your bullshyt. I'm not reading all of this
Come at me for finding out yall hero a fraud, put the burden of proof on me.

And then be unable to read the WHOLE 5 paragraph 2 mins of text to accept you dont know what the fukk your talking about

Yall remedial as fukk sometimes. Heavily. But what should i expect from a forum that communicates through smileys because their reading comprehension is 2nd grade level

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Come at me for finding out yall hero a fraud, put the burden of proof on me.

And then be unable to read the WHOLE 5 paragraph 2 mins of text to accept you dont know what the fukk your talking about

Yall remedial as fukk sometimes. Heavily. But what should i expect from a forum that communicates through smileys because their reading comprehension is 2nd grade level
I guess retelling a true story makes him a fraud. You niccas is fkin weird 🤣

And FTR, I CHOSE not to read your bullshyt. do not insult my intelligence :pacspit:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I guess retelling a true story makes him a fraud. You niccas is fkin weird 🤣

And FTR, I CHOSE not to read your bullshyt. do not insult my intelligence :pacspit:
Again. Learn to read at a qualifying level and you will find the info for which you seek

You the one asking questions you dont wanna read the answer to, calling me out by name to waste my time.

This fukking place i tell ya.

Heres some smileys so you understand

Me :damn:

You :duck:

Me :ufdup:

You :pacspit:

Me. :martin:

You:huhldup:

Me. :blessed: