Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Was VERY worried about this movie for the first thirty minutes, which were a mess and badly needed to be edited and slowed down. But from Los Alamos onwards it was great with a few nitpicks:

(a) I had no fukking clue what Emily Blunt was saying 95% of the time.

(b) The last hour must have been super confusing if you didn't study much 1950s American history re: Cold War and McCarthyism.

(c) The stuff with Strauss and the assistant at the very end was super unrealistic.

Otherwise, the cast probably was the best in any movie ever? Hartnett and Damon were great imo.
Agreed with a) and c)

a) I had the advantage of watching with subtitles (I'm from south america) so I didn't have an issue with her dialogue, but her character was in an impossible spot. It seems she was a legit important figure in Oppie's life, at least in terms of making him see his true purpose/value, but the movie was never going to have enough time to flesh her out so we just get moments were she's involved but there's no real emotional attachment and she has the most "audience has to connect the dots" parts of film. Kind of a waste of Emily Blunt but the only way to avoid that would've been in a 6 episode mini series about Oppenheimer and I'll take the film we got over that.

b) Ehh, I think the Cold War is known to anyone who studied any history in highschool and/or had parents that lived through it (it affected pretty much everyone in the world for someone to not have knowledge of what it meant as a conflict). I was very glad the film let the audience figure out what was going on instead of giving us exposition as that's Nolan's biggest weakness as a creator. RE: McCarthysim, I have a basic understanding of it but even if you don't know about it, I think the film is pretty straight forward when it comes to the problems the US had with communism.

c) Yeah, Alden Ehrenreich was by far the weakest character of the film. Just there to play the role of the audience and take the moral high ground over Strauss.

You maybe if you want to do a 2nd watch because the rewatching the first 30 minutes will give you a totally different perspective. A lot of Oppy's backstory and Strauss perspective of 1st meeting Oppy hits completely different.
I don't know breh, in what way do you mean it hits differently?

Last edited:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't wait till the blu-ray is available. If this doesn't get a ton of noms from the Academy and at least one win, it's clear that they hate Nolan. He doesn't play the game like them other flake ass filmmakers
Same. The 4k uhd is preorder day one. Cant wait too see the joint on my oled and actually be a be able to read/hear every word :wow:

Last edited:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I got scared in the beginning with the whole i am death while fukking the girl thing. I was literally saying in my head “here we go with the pretentious bs” but it died down after. Good movie. Great actors.

Also i noticed this movie had a lot of the same dialogue and plot shakeups as the bbc series from 1980. Like almost down to a t.

ie.
Inviting the wife to vacation with him while she was still married. Same line. Cut to then riding horses. It almost feels like yhe og was used as a placeholder and they tweaked around it. Im almost done with the first ep of the OG and i already noticed atleast 3 exact scenes/ideas.

Edit: im on ep 2 now. Yup. They def used this movies script as a basis of some sort. Its essentially a remake lol. The scene where his friend tries to get him to give info to soviets in here as well; in the kitchen and everything. Most the side chatter from the new movie comes from the mini series verbatim.

Last edited:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
now that this made double what it was projected to, can we please have Cillian Murphy in more lead roles for major films? He's way too talented to continue being a side character in Nolan films or a lead in cult horror movies. Props to the Peaky Blinders producers for letting him shine on TV, but its time for movies to do the same.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Its official. This is almost a beat for beat remake of the bbc minu series.

I wondet how excited people would have been if they knew that. Ive caught 50 lines in like 3 eps that are in the film. Theres an article anout the mini online where the producers/writers say they werent contacted at all about the movie and they were looking forward to see what he did with it.

I wonder how big of a suprise this will be for them. Someone gotta be getting sued for this.

Its the same movie, just cut from 7hrs to 3. Same set types. Just with some fancy visuals. Same conversations. Crazy.

Check it out for yaselves.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Its official. This is almost a beat for beat remake of the bbc minu series.

I wondet how excited people would have been if they knew that. Ive caught 50 lines in like 3 eps that are in the film. Theres an article anout the mini online where the producers/writers say they werent contacted at all about the movie and they were looking forward to see what he did with it.

I wonder how big of a suprise this will be for them. Someone gotta be getting sued for this.

Its the same movie, just cut from 7hrs to 3. Same set types. Just with some fancy visuals. Same conversations. Crazy.
Nolan's a hack I knew it

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Nolan's a hack I knew it
Bro im like dozing watching this and im catching FULL convos with the same wording. Same examples. Same fights. Same discussions. Lmao

Whoever they said wrote this movie cribbed this entire mini. Prolly used it as filler. This is one of the worst cases ive ever seen. And from the article looks like the OG series makers had no idea. Lmao

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We saw 'Oppenheimer' tonight at the IMAX. Great movie. As someone who works in government, I love political dramas to begin with but this is an interesting story of the time and the acting was superb. They had everyone in this movie. The film was beautifully shot as well and Nolan did his thing with the A-Bomb practical effects. I personally felt the length a little bit in the middle portion but then it started ramping up again after that. I didn't know we were getting some Florence Pugh titties Lol. Overall a very good movie, glad we went. Place was pretty full too. There was an ovation after it ended.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Btw did they show that trailer for the new Exorcist in y’all screening? I tried to find it online but it’s apparently only being shown for Oppenheimer showings

shyt had my whole theater buzzing

Funny you mention this. That's the only trailer that got any kind of reaction tonight. All the other trailers people were talking among themselves, we were talking, etc.. But when that came on everyone went :popcorn: :ohhh: :lupe: :damn:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I got scared in the beginning with the whole i am death while fukking the girl thing. I was literally saying in my head “here we go with the pretentious bs” but it died down after. Good movie. Great actors.

Also i noticed this movie had a lot of the same dialogue and plot shakeups as the bbc series from 1980. Like almost down to a t.

ie.
Inviting the wife to vacation with him while she was still married. Same line. Cut to then riding horses. It almost feels like yhe og was used as a placeholder and they tweaked around it. Im almost done with the first ep of the OG and i already noticed atleast 3 exact scenes/ideas.

Edit: im on ep 2 now. Yup. They def used this movies script as a basis of some sort. Its essentially a remake lol. The scene where his friend tries to get him to give info to soviets in here as well; in the kitchen and everything. Most the side chatter from the new movie comes from the mini series verbatim.
wow revelation!! Hmmm