Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
good movie, but a little overhyped

commercially, im surprised he went for that completely unnecessary R rating :dahell: one wack sex scene, and 4 easily replaceable "fukks"? either give us the actual bomb shot in japan to justify it, or cut 3 words and some mediocre titties for the PG 13

movie wise, a little too long. dont see why we needed 3 hours to watch a bomb get tested, and the end dragged. coulda been done in 2

the violin score or whatever leading up to the explosion was crazy. i didnt see it in imax, some movie theater on the way home was showing it normal for 5 bucks :dead: so not to sound like a dikkhead, but im not seeing what made this the 'premiere imax experience' it's being sold as. there was one fukkin explosion scene, and what else? some cool visuals with the atoms, but idk

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Emotion and action are his two biggest flaws... Hollywood needs to let directors team up... Let Nolan do the shooting, Spielberg shoot the emotional scenes and get Snyder to do the action and we'd have a great movie

tarantino and michael bay write the script :ehh:

starring samuel L jackson and tyrese gibson as car driving, space faring, foul mouthed, jheri curl sporting winnfield "family" :ehh:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just got out of the IMAX theater. Great return to form from Nolan, thought it was dope film that gave an awesome theater experience. Best dialogue a Nolan film has had in a long ass time. I was legit happy I didn't have to hear no long ass exposition fron anyone, even though the film touched on a subject that could've went full retard with it.

First 20-30 minutes are the weakest, with Oppie's backstory going at full speed and not letting much of anything sink, I thought this portion was mostly saved by Murphy's acting and those trippy flashes of what he was "seeing" in terms of quantum physics.

Once we get to Los Alamos and have clear goal and story set, the film really takes off and doesn't let up until Oppie's :wow: speech after the first bomb hits Hiroshima. It reminded me of the best part of Interestellar -when they arrive to Matt Damon's planet all the way until McConaughey is able to leave the planet- but done even better. The way the movie is cut and the incredible sound design during those 60-80 minutes (or maybe even longer, couldn't tell how much time passed) was a non stop rush, which made total sense considering the arms race that was going on at the time.

The final part of the film went a little too long but was able to kept me interested and I thought the final 5 or so minutes made it completely worth it. It's like Nolan learned from Interestellar's bleh epilogue and made a much better effort this time around in terms of storytelling and dialogue.

:salute: Ludwin Göransson. Motherfukker KILLED it with the music, just some amazing, amazing work that elevated the film in a very important way.

Cillian Murphy was amazing.

Loved the way Downey played Strauss.

I'm not sure I'll like the film as much I like it right now after I watch it on TV. I'll have to go back and see if the choice of basing the film around Oppenheimer's Senate security clearing really worked. My first impression was that it did it's job but the movie worked best when it had a clearer focus, which was the Manhattan Project. The feud with Strauss felt like a different movie at times, and it did not justify the use of black and white btw, but that shyt was still interesting to watch and I think the ending ties it up nicely enough to make it worth it's inclusion.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Oppenheimer''s son is still alive and lives on his dad's ranch in NM.

His children have talked about their grandfather's legacy and the eldest one said the family wasn't consulted about the movie. But that she thinks its pretty good.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Oppenheimer''s son is still alive and lives on his dad's ranch in NM.

His children have talked about their grandfather's legacy and the eldest one said the family wasn't consulted about the movie. But that she thinks its pretty good.

There is nothing to consult them about....they were kids during the main plot

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was VERY worried about this movie for the first thirty minutes, which were a mess and badly needed to be edited and slowed down. But from Los Alamos onwards it was great with a few nitpicks:

(a) I had no fukking clue what Emily Blunt was saying 95% of the time.

(b) The last hour must have been super confusing if you didn't study much 1950s American history re: Cold War and McCarthyism.

(c) The stuff with Strauss and the assistant at the very end was super unrealistic.

Otherwise, the cast probably was the best in any movie ever? Hartnett and Damon were great imo.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
so not to sound like a dikkhead, but im not seeing what made this the 'premiere imax experience' it's being sold as. there was one fukkin explosion scene, and what else? some cool visuals with the atoms, but idk
they really oversold that "must see it in IMAX" shyt. I wasn't expecting an action movie or to even see a bomb dropped on japan, but i did want to see something bigger and better for that scene of them testing the bomb.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Would agree about the assumedly White House staffer who is walking Strauss through the confirmation, getting very self righteous about everything and basically dressing down a cabinet level appointee and presidential ally was a little much.

Interesting that people disliked the first 30 minutes, thought that was where the editing and the pacing plus the really showy physics shots really kept me engaged in what would have been really dull. Academics in Oxford. Academic in Berkeley.

def. not a perfect movie to me, but close to being perfectly made, to me. The last 30 had some great parts but overall was getting painful. Too creaky and outdated. Big Senate scenes and the classification tribunal or whatever. That was rough.

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
fetchimage

It that’s simple fantastic

Kept me engaged all 3 hours

Florence Pugh nipples in IMAX :ohlawd:

If you haven’t gone out and watched it do IMMEDIATELY This was made
to be scene in a cinema.

And I’m buying it whenever it comes out for blue-Ray and digital

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got out of the IMAX theater. Great return to form from Nolan, thought it was dope film that gave an awesome theater experience. Best dialogue a Nolan film has had in a long ass time. I was legit happy I didn't have to hear no long ass exposition fron anyone, even though the film touched on a subject that could've went full retard with it.

First 20-30 minutes are the weakest, with Oppie's backstory going at full speed and not letting much of anything sink, I thought this portion was mostly saved by Murphy's acting and those trippy flashes of what he was "seeing" in terms of quantum physics.

Once we get to Los Alamos and have clear goal and story set, the film really takes off and doesn't let up until Oppie's :wow: speech after the first bomb hits Hiroshima. It reminded me of the best part of Interestellar -when they arrive to Matt Damon's planet all the way until McConaughey is able to leave the planet- but done even better. The way the movie is cut and the incredible sound design during those 60-80 minutes (or maybe even longer, couldn't tell how much time passed) was a non stop rush, which made total sense considering the arms race that was going on at the time.

The final part of the film went a little too long but was able to kept me interested and I thought the final 5 or so minutes made it completely worth it. It's like Nolan learned from Interestellar's bleh epilogue and made a much better effort this time around in terms of storytelling and dialogue.

:salute: Ludwin Göransson. Motherfukker KILLED it with the music, just some amazing, amazing work that elevated the film in a very important way.

Cillian Murphy was amazing.

Loved the way Downey played Strauss.

I'm not sure I'll like the film as much I like it right now after I watch it on TV. I'll have to go back and see if the choice of basing the film around Oppenheimer's Senate security clearing really worked. My first impression was that it did it's job but the movie worked best when it had a clearer focus, which was the Manhattan Project. The feud with Strauss felt like a different movie at times, and it did not justify the use of black and white btw, but that shyt was still interesting to watch and I think the ending ties it up nicely enough to make it worth it's inclusion.

You maybe if you want to do a 2nd watch because the rewatching the first 30 minutes will give you a totally different perspective. A lot of Oppy's backstory and Strauss perspective of 1st meeting Oppy hits completely different.