Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Did anyone get cancer or radiation poisoning from the Trinity test?

Those dudes did NOT listen to instructions :lolbron:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Forgot to add I liked how the communists were treated as boogeymen when the capitalists are the only ones explicitly shown ordering mayhem and destruction. Truman at the thought of actually giving back Native land to Natives :scust::mjpls:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
When I saw the mention of RFK I was wondering if nolan gonna do the cuban missile crisis next

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Harnnett was unrecognizable

Didn't pick up that was Downey Jr until like 30 min left, kept waiting for him to show up

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Nolan should give Justin Hurwitz a holler if Zimmer can’t score his next film. 🤷🏾‍♂️
That’s a combo I haven’t really thought of. Hurwitz seems to be sticking with Chazelle these days though. Plus, I think Nolan found his frequent collaborator in Ludwig.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
In a sentence, I liked it. But, it takes all of Christopher Nolan's considerable talent, and the score, and the acting, the cinematography, to keep me engaged. In a different directors's hands this would have been unwatchable to me, because subject matter just isn't something I would spend three hours watching. Like Lincoln from 2012. That was insufferable. Academics bickering amongst themselves, about science. Just wouldn't be a movie I was into.

But, when this works, and it was 80% of the time, it flows, and feels, yes, like someone noted a little like Malick, the New Mexico shots were incredible. The shots on the train. of The flow, the editing and pacing, the crispness of everything, it was excellent.

Thought it should have ended around the Harry Truman scenes, "don't let that cry baby back in here" (which could be my favorite line of the movie), the rest showcased Downey Jr, and it was great, but it really started to sag in those scenes, it didn't go off the rails, but just wore me down. Would say that the actual writing was the weakest part, and in a different movie, with sharper dialouge maybe could have engaged me more. The security clearance and Senate scenes felt very grating. maybe the shift from a more visual and awe inspiring movie, like Malick, to a kind of Sorkin style was jarring.

very classic Nolan though, that Einstein shot, I saw that coming, but still had the moment, of like yeah of course Nolan has one of those famous ending shots, where something is shown two or three different ways.

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I couldn't get good 70MM tix, but we got a step down on the IMAX meter (technically a fake) and it was still glorious. that shyt was too loud tho.... I blame the theater

Μαρία

God's Wife
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Like most of Nolan’s films (outside of The Dark Knight Trilogy) this film is very philosophical and cerebral in nature. There is a lot of build up to what people are anticipating the most (the building & deployment of the Atomic bomb) but boy the tension is delicious. Needless to say - I really enjoyed it and recommend people see it.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I bet Michael Caine will be in this movie.
It appears that I was wrong on this one, but it makes sense since Michael Caine is 90 and has had a number of health issues in the last few years including spinal surgery. That scene in Tenet, where his character is even named Sir Michael, seems more like a poignant farewell now. This is the first Nolan film since Insomnia to not feature him in some sort of capacity.

Last edited: