Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I wore pink to Barbie and all black to Oppenheimer. It was a great weekend for filmgoing
I wasn’t surprised to see people dressed in pink Barbie related attire at the theater, but what did surprise me was seeing people in suits, ties, and brown fedoras/pork pie hats. Either way, I felt underdressed in my black flannel sweater that I often wear (because theaters are balls to the wall cold) and light purple/pink hued shirt. Both of which I wore accidentally by some sort of ironic fluke. :russ:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Saw it today...very good flick.

The strengths of the film are definitely the scenes breaking down the science of the bomb. You can tell Nolan is in his bag whenever he gets to get his science nerd on. Scenes dealing with the more human aspects of the story aren't as strong but I can't say they're bad. Just felt rushed and a lil undercooked.

Acting was great, Cinematography was strong too....the score wasn't up to par with everything else tho. And yes some of the dialogue was hard to hear and follow along with at times.

I also feel like there could've been further exploration into the destruction of the bomb. I get not wanting to exploit the suffering of the Japanese people but it's better to show the harm this monstrosity caused rather than all this exposition. I feel that you have to sear it into people's head what this thing really did, especially considering how good that scene was where Oppenheimer was giving his speech right after the bombs dropped.

I said it before, but the personal scenes in this didn't hit as heavy as they could. Those moments always felt fleeting rather than truly sticking with me. The suicide which was supposed show Robert's morality change....it felt more like a sidenote rather than a monumental moment in his life.

Film didn't feel long at all....nicely paced and nothing felt like it was really dragging.

Overall, I'd give this a 4.25/5.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Pretty sure they talking Atlanta. Those Phipps auditoriums are super small and they don’t really have a stadium setup, it’s like a gentle slope.

Yeah that’s the one

Oh okay when I was bacc in Atlanta I had a AMC pass n would always go to Phipps cuz it was close to da train station. If I remember correctly Dey got recliner seats right? I’m in Richmond VA now and have a regal pass n Dey ain’t got no recliner seats at any regal smh

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i would have bought it but they want to force you to go to the theatre and I like to watch shyt in my home
Yeah i agree with that. I hate watching movie in theaters but had to support CMurphy in his first major role. I watch everything with subtitles and only heard 50% of the dialogue lol. Also showing was full of annoying white college frat boys that wouldn’t shut up. Theater experience is horrible. Coping the 4KUHD day one