Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Was trying to figure out how to see this opening weekend, around my work schedule

Ended up copping a last minute 70MM showing at AMC early this morning. 10am, sold out save for like 4 seats (a tad over 300 folks in that bytch)

Unfortunately, so last minute that I was in the first row :martin:

Don’t normally do that but f’ it…still was a Stellar movie, no Inter

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Was trying to figure out how to see this opening weekend, around my work schedule

Ended up copping a last minute 70MM showing at AMC early this morning. 10am, sold out save for like 4 seats (a tad over 300 folks in that bytch)

Unfortunately, so last minute that I was in the first row :martin:

Don’t normally do that but f’ it…still was a Stellar movie, no Inter
How the fukk did you see anything bro???? You should've just bought tickets for Wednesday

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I think Nolan is the best director doing it right now albeit Tenet was a miss in my opinion. With that being said, I think Oppenheimer is like a 7/8 out of ten. Ludwig did good work with the score, but he’s just not on that Hans Zimmer level of genius, yet. Zimmer would’ve unleashed the flutes on ‘em, for real :wow:. Nolan also has to do something about his sound mixing too, man. My hearing is my strongest sense, and I was straining to hear shyt the first 20/30 mins. It’s not as disastrous as the original mixing for Tenet, which he needed his ass beat for, but it’s not up to the standard of a filmmaker of his quality.

This movie had a lot of Terrence Malick type shots/cinematography in it. I think the third act could’ve been stronger. From my understanding Oppenheimer was a broken man after his clearance was denied. He was never the same again. He essentially, “gave up.” I’m of the belief if you abridge some of the hearing stuff, and show a despondent and listless Oppenheimer as the finality, the story would’ve even hit even harder.

Think it could’ve been edited even tighter too. There’s about 10/15 minutes of fat that could’ve be lopped off. Anyways, Murphy will win best actor deservedly and I think Nolan will get his time as best director. RDJ is a tossup on a win because the Academy is weird about giving best actor and best supporting actor to the same film. It has only happened five times.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
How the fukk did you see anything bro???? You should've just bought tickets for Wednesday
Not gon lie, decided last minute that I actually wanted to see it (up until this past week I was undecided), and logistically I wanted to catch it when I had time, And while it was popping opening weekend

Depending on the auditorium you’re in, you can still see the whole shyt up front, it’s just the angle is wild in some instances :yeshrug: Better to be in one where the first row is further from the screen tho