Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I just got back. Liked it but I thought the messaging and metaphor was a bit too heavy-handed, not really handled skillfully or with any subtlety. Kind of took me out of a few important scenes. First impression is a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Regarding the sound though....this gave me a headache and there absolutely still are problems with the mixing. Turn down the fukking soundtrack, it doesn't have to beat me over the head to make me understand the moment is important. And some dialogue certainly was missed.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Watched the first 20 mins then walked out:beli:

Lol I actually walked out but it’s cause the screen I was watching was all fukked up and the AC was broken :hhh:. shyt was like 90 degrees. It was 10:45 pm. I’m not gonna sit through no 3 hour movie in the fukking south with no AC. Screen had fukking wrinkles and dimples :what:. AMC Dolby really got me hot as fukk yesterday(no pun intended). Bout to do the Barbenheimer B2B today tho.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My plans changed, I had the day off and caught a noon showing at my local theatre.

Loved it. Kept my attention the whole time. Atmosphere and detail were incredible. Cillian and the cast killed it. One of the guest appearances I wasn't expecting and was happily surprised.

The last act was shaky, but I like how they tied it together at the end and closed out his story.

Possibly my favorite Nolan film, easy 9/10