Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
7/10 good not great.

For me it works best in the first two hours when we are introduced to the man, making the team, building the bomb and reaction to the aftermath of using nukes in japan. The romance thing wasn't interesting(with either of the broads). I have no idea what Emily Blunt was doing, she gave a bad performance. RDJ gave a pretty good performance. Cillian did his thing.

The last hour with the whole trial was just too long...we just saw this guy build a nuke that killed over 200k people but we supposed to feel sorry because he might be losing his job :mindblown:

The cinematography and score is pretty great....there are sometimes where the editing and music works work so well together it just flows. It is a good watch, but i don't think its in Nolan top 5. Nolan shines when its about the intense scenes with action scenes....hopefully he goes back to that for his next one.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the first 20 mins then walked out:beli:

Lol I actually walked out but it’s cause the screen I was watching was all fukked up and the AC was broken :hhh:. shyt was like 90 degrees. It was 10:45 pm. I’m not gonna sit through no 3 hour movie in the fukking south with no AC. Screen had fukking wrinkles and dimples :what:. AMC Dolby really got me hot as fukk yesterday(no pun intended). Bout to do the Barbenheimer B2B today tho.

Oh hell naw, Were you at the Madison Yard AMC? :dead:

I was at the 6:30 show which was also delayed by a power outage. It was hot as fukk in that bytch, but I stuck out.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched the first 20 mins then walked out:beli:

Lol I actually walked out but it’s cause the screen I was watching was all fukked up and the AC was broken :hhh:. shyt was like 90 degrees. It was 10:45 pm. I’m not gonna sit through no 3 hour movie in the fukking south with no AC. Screen had fukking wrinkles and dimples :what:. AMC Dolby really got me hot as fukk yesterday(no pun intended). Bout to do the Barbenheimer B2B today tho.
AMC Madison Yards???

We were at the 6:30 pm and stayed and baked in that bih. Good thing was that the storm knocked out power in my neighborhood across the highway, and those 3 hours of entertainment made it worth it. Power came back on in the neighborhood right before I got there. They fixed the screen 5 mins later, but the mashup with Nicole Kidman was actually entertaining.

Regarding the movie, I'd definitely see it again, but they need to cut down on the 3 hour runtime and mix the sound better. We missed certain dialogue due to the sound levels. Also, caught a 15-20 min nap during the beginning of the love scenes, didn't miss anything towards the plot.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
AMC Madison Yards???

We were at the 6:30 pm and stayed and baked in that bih. Good thing was that the storm knocked out power in my neighborhood across the highway, and those 3 hours of entertainment made it worth it. Power came back on in the neighborhood right before I got there. They fixed the screen 5 mins later, but the mashup with Nicole Kidman was actually entertaining.

Regarding the movie, I'd definitely see it again, but they need to cut down on the 3 hour runtime and mix the sound better. We missed certain dialogue due to the sound levels. Also, caught a 15-20 min nap during the beginning of the love scenes, didn't miss anything towards the plot.
Yep. Damn it took them a minute to get it fixed. You notice those weird ass dimples on the screen too? They’re always there but it was irking me yesterday. I was ended up watching it at Parkway Pointe today

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Oh hell naw, Were you at the Madison Yard AMC? :dead:

I was at the 6:30 show which was also delayed by a power outage. It was hot as fukk in that bytch, but I stuck out.
Wait there was another power outage today? Omsk they were going through it. Man I wasn’t about to bake my ass off for 3 hours :pachaha:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched it in IMAX 70mm last night.

It’s a masterpiece in cinema. Ludwig Göransson’s score is so fukking good, it engulfs you into the film at times, especially during the first test of the bomb. Cinematography is beautiful, acting is on point from everyone, and I enjoyed the narrative style that Nolan chose.

Another 3 hour film (I hate this fukking trend), but this is one that I’ll allow due to how good it was. I want to actually watch it again, and that’s saying something. I will say that it should be 30 mins shorter, as the beginning of the third act was slow to me, but once the security clearance hearing begins, things start picking up

The film is very dialogue heavy, but the performances, especially by RDJ in the third act and Cillian Murphy will have you being attentive the entire way. Expect this to be called a lot during award season

I’m feeling a 90-95/100 right now as a 1 day after reaction. This score has risen since I first saw it yesterday (I gave it 80-85)

Sidenote: the worker at the theatre said that the movie film is 11 miles long :picard:
Man I wanted more. Didn't feel like a 3 hour film at all to me

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
That Downey Jr line about amateurs seeking the sun and power being in the shadows will be a future Instagram caption of mine :wow:

1647778087-3-American-Gangster-quotes.gif

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
7/10 good not great.

For me it works best in the first two hours when we are introduced to the man, making the team, building the bomb and reaction to the aftermath of using nukes in japan. The romance thing wasn't interesting(with either of the broads). I have no idea what Emily Blunt was doing, she gave a bad performance. RDJ gave a pretty good performance. Cillian did his thing.

The last hour with the whole trial was just too long...we just saw this guy build a nuke that killed over 200k people but we supposed to feel sorry because he might be losing his job :mindblown:

The cinematography and score is pretty great....there are sometimes where the editing and music works work so well together it just flows. It is a good watch, but i don't think its in Nolan top 5. Nolan shines when its about the intense scenes with action scenes....hopefully he goes back to that for his next one.
whats worse is that they didn't focus on all the advocacy he did in his later years. Dude was doing international press etc