Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Are there 70MM that aren't IMAX? I'm sure it still looks great on the Liemax.
Yes a local independent theater (old school, no IMAX) that does special 70MM shows on occasion is showing Oppenheimer in that format.

I caught The Hateful Eight Roadshow Edition in 70MM at the same place and that dope

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Watched it in IMAX 70mm last night.

It’s a masterpiece in cinema. Ludwig Göransson’s score is so fukking good, it engulfs you into the film at times, especially during the first test of the bomb. Cinematography is beautiful, acting is on point from everyone, and I enjoyed the narrative style that Nolan chose.

Another 3 hour film (I hate this fukking trend), but this is one that I’ll allow due to how good it was. I want to actually watch it again, and that’s saying something. I will say that it should be 30 mins shorter, as the beginning of the third act was slow to me, but once the security clearance hearing begins, things start picking up

The film is very dialogue heavy, but the performances, especially by RDJ in the third act and Cillian Murphy will have you being attentive the entire way. Expect this to be called a lot during award season

I’m feeling a 90-95/100 right now as a 1 day after reaction. This score has risen since I first saw it yesterday (I gave it 80-85)

Sidenote: the worker at the theatre said that the movie film is 11 miles long :picard:
nice.

also how did you know it was 70mm? im looking at my local theater website, but they arent showing what is what other than imax or surround sound.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

saying shyt like this is going to make casual movie goers go see it and be dissappointed. :mjlol: The movie is aight. Emily Blount is amazing.

I agree with that double toasted review posted earlier. This shyt was LONG LONG. It didn't need to be 3 hours. I actually enjoyed them assembling the bomb building team for the first half of the movie. But alot of the other stuff I was rolling my eyes at. I'm so glad Josh Hartnett is back doing stuff again.

-Again Emily Blount is amazing. I like how they showed you she was an alchoholic without flat out saying it, with the exception of one scene. But she kept a drank in her hand or nearby :dead:her and Opp met while pouring up at a party
-shyt was long. The Flourance Pugh shyt probably could've been cut out.
-I thought Matt Damon was going to be garbage in this because the trailer shows him saying the dumbest line in the movie, but otherwise i like that his character appears like a dumb military jock, but he's also very quick witted, self aware, and smart
-I thought technically the movie hit everything it needed to hit with the visuals. Lots of Oscar bait-ish type of stuff though. This is a movie that movie-snobs will be obnoxious about. Already seeing people hit that "it's shot of film". :snoop:
-I don't think they nailed this idea that Oppenheimer felt distraught about building nukes to kill people. He didn't seem too distraught while building it, and even when the bomb was done he was tryna go with Matt Damon to help drop the shyt, then they tried to end the movie with him on some "what have i done" shyt. FOH:childplease:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Just came from seeing it. I loved it. It could maybe be 20-30 minutes shorter, but it’s still something I’ll watch again. It was also interesting seeing the Oppenheimer crowd, and the Barbie crowd, leaving the theater. It’s going to be interesting as fukk to see how this box office plays out.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Incredible. Oscars for all involved. I really think Nolan might finally get his first best picture and director depending on the Scorsese movie. This was Nolan's JFK.

I got a cool IMAX film strip too. Saw it in 70MM
uzxVxiKLALbd.jpg

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Just came from seeing it. I loved it. It could maybe be 20-30 minutes shorter, but it’s still something I’ll watch again. It was also interesting seeing the Oppenheimer crowd, and the Barbie crowd, leaving the theater. It’s going to be interesting as fukk to see how this box office plays out.
I said this in the B.O. thread, and I'll say it again here: There's a Presidential election next year, so we'll be looking back on this time a year from now and saying, "Hey, remember the much simpler times when we had to choose between Barbie and Oppenheimer? I miss those days."

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
is 70mm NON Max worth it over Limax w laser?
Well I assume the Limax joint would likely be the better choice

Emagine Cinemas just opened the largest screen in Illinois (in Batavia) recently. Size of a b-ball court turned onto its side. Warmed recliners, cuddle seats up front, very dope/loud sound, seems fire. :jbhmm:

But it isn’t even IMAX, just whatever Emagine’s specialty screen is. Still think I’m better off with IMAX at some regular ass joint in this instance :francis:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I said this in the B.O. thread, and I'll say it again here: There's a Presidential election next year, so we'll be looking back on this time a year from now and saying, "Hey, remember the much simpler times when we had to choose between Barbie and Oppenheimer? I miss those days."
Remember when we we're hiding in our houses treating each other as if we were aliens because we were afraid of germs spreading to one another.......

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Incredible. Oscars for all involved. I really think Nolan might finally get his first best picture and director depending on the Scorsese movie. This was Nolan's JFK.

I got a cool IMAX film strip too. Saw it in 70MM
uzxVxiKLALbd.jpg

I agree. The flick reminded me of JFK. Great performances all around and great directing. I think he could have shaved about 30 minutes from the Final Cut.