Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
F1GohBEaMAA0Ywm

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Yeah I don’t think y’all understand what I’m saying. America hired Nazis after WWII in our CIA and NASA. Our government was also complicit in Hitlers rise to power. The line in the trailer about building the bomb before the Nazis is total propaganda. But there’s also no evidence that Oppenheimer knew any of that so maybe he was being used too. I can see Nolan addressing that perhaps but I hardly doubt he’s going to touch our involvement with Nazis.

Not sure I understand your point. Nolan's film is not about post-WWII missile, rocket, and space research. It's not about Wernher von Braun. It's not about T-Force and Operation Paperclip. It's not about the OSS or the early days of the agency.

All of those subjects/events would make for great films or miniseries. I believe David Simon was pitching a miniseries to HBO about the early days of the agency, based on Tim Weiner's Legacy of Ashes (In Development). Maybe such a series would be a great way to explore some of those events.

There are also excellent documentaries on the subjects you're interest in. Most recently PBS put out Chasing the Moon (created by a Brit) and Blue Sky Metropolis.

I think I understand your desire to counterbalance the genius of scientific discovery with moral questions of good and evil, I'm just not sure Nolan is the guy for that. Not sure that's what he's interested in exploring.

I don't need half-baked moral asides shoehorned into his film if that's not what he's interested in.

Last edited:

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys

Are you one of the 30 theaters because I am :banderas:

Good looking out. Really want to see it opening night but waited too late. Everything from Irvine to San Fran filled up.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
got my ticket for Saturday :wow: . Wanted to watch friday but the showings were mainly sold out and the ones that weren’t were obscure couple of shytty seats

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Are you one of the 30 theaters because I am :banderas:
11 miles of film?!? :damn: I already know the Pinnacle isn't on that list (:to:), but then again, I discovered my theater actually has LIE-MAX a few years ago thanks to a site that was posted here. Regardless, it's still a pretty big screen.