Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Nah. Nolan already said they going to show both sides. Pretty sure they going to show Oppenheimer regret working on it. Movie is supposed to be brutally honest take. Nolan also isnt one to make a hoorah america! Movie

I pick up something completely different from the trailer, that they used the over arching "boogeyman" theme to produce a weapon capable of immense death & destruction. I mean, it seemed rather evident in the first look they released. I would be rather shocked if Nolan made the movie you're expecting
Yeah I don’t think y’all understand what I’m saying. America hired Nazis after WWII in our CIA and NASA. Our government was also complicit in Hitlers rise to power. The line in the trailer about building the bomb before the Nazis is total propaganda. But there’s also no evidence that Oppenheimer knew any of that so maybe he was being used too. I can see Nolan addressing that perhaps but I hardly doubt he’s going to touch our involvement with Nazis.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I don’t think y’all understand what I’m saying. America hired Nazis after WWII in our CIA and NASA. Our government was also complicit in Hitlers rise to power. The line in the trailer about building the bomb before the Nazis is total propaganda. But there’s also no evidence that Oppenheimer knew any of that so maybe he was being used too. I can see Nolan addressing that perhaps but I hardly doubt he’s going to touch our involvement with Nazis.
The way I read the line about building the bomb before the Nazis is that they used that a motivating / scare tactic to push the team to completion. There is even a line there that the Nazis were gone but the Japanese were still a threat which I think furthers my point. I guess well see in a week.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It's one of those movies where someone like Nolan reads a bio on someone, and decides to do a movie.

Like Fincher with Mank

Not saying no one wants to see this, because obviously they do, even I am getting more curious, but what I mean is that it has no real appeal and would never get made without Nolan taking an interest.

Which maybe goes without saying, but yeah, a 3 hour long story about building a nuclear weapon in Las Vegas in the 40's, doesn't really sound like an exciting watch to me.
It’sNolan though. Dunkirk. The reviews coming are incredible. When that low rising tone starts…. You know the next 20 min sequence is going to go crazy.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
There's multiple books and documented evidence of this, one of which is Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler: The Astonishing True Story of the American Financiers Who Bankrolled the Nazis by Antony C. Sutton, but here's a good start on the internet:

And CA Winter Soldier isn't that far from the truth in terms of nazis infiltrating the US gov.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The way I read the line about building the bomb before the Nazis is that they used that a motivating / scare tactic to push the team to completion. There is even a line there that the Nazis were gone but the Japanese were still a threat which I think furthers my point. I guess well see in a week.
Einsten wrote a letter urging America to build one first. The Germans were trying to but were way behind.

And they used it on Japan, which even tho they didn’t need to. Saving lives was the excuse. But it was really to send a message to the Soviet’s

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Correct. Germany had their own nuclear program led by Heisenberg. The United States were at WAR against GERMANY, so it's irrelevant to the fact that the U.S. was complicit to the rise of Hitler and the Nazi party. The movie is about the origin of the nuclear bomb and it had to be acknowledge the U.S. "excuse" for the creation of the bomb which was at the time the fact that Germany was doing the same thing. Once Nazi Germany had fallen, the U.S. needed to find another "excuse" to use the bomb which was to end Japan which was going to come to a conclusion anyway.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Einsten wrote a letter urging America to build one first. The Germans were trying to but were way behind.

And they used it on Japan, which even tho they didn’t need to. Saving lives was the excuse. But it was really to send a message to the Soviet’s

This is also correct. The only reason why wanted a quick resolution to the Pacific conflict is to prevent the Soviets in taking over Japan. They were closing in. The war was going to end there too because Japan was sandwiched in. But the United States were looking passed Japan knowing their biggest threat to them was the Soviets.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It's one of those movies where someone like Nolan reads a bio on someone, and decides to do a movie.

Like Fincher with Mank

Not saying no one wants to see this, because obviously they do, even I am getting more curious, but what I mean is that it has no real appeal and would never get made without Nolan taking an interest.

Which maybe goes without saying, but yeah, a 3 hour long story about building a nuclear weapon in Las Vegas in the 40's, doesn't really sound like an exciting watch to me.
He'll make it intriguing 😏

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
He did it again haters don't like but they gotta fukk with it cuz the films so tight :wow:

nolan2.jpg
Nolan is running it right now but that’s blasphemy doing that to Spielberg. Spielberg gave us classics for like 5 decades now and his movies have better range.

Salute to Nolan but Spielberg is the god.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Are you one of the 30 theaters because I am :banderas:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
meh.. ima catch it in dolby and if its good then I'll take that road trip.. shyt might turn out mid

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]