Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A lot of people may be setting themselves up to be disappointed.
Nolan made Interstellar... That's all he needed to do in my book

And I still have no clue why anyone thinks this will be a successful movie. I think this is Oscar bait.. But for making that money back... Nah

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And I still have no clue why anyone thinks this will be a successful movie. I think this is Oscar bait.. But for making that money back... Nah
You liked the ending in interstellar?

I thought it sucked

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You liked the ending in interstellar?

I thought it sucked
Loved it. Probably my fav movie. But like most Nolan joints, you gotta go back and watch it again knowing what you know. It all makes sense and you start catching stuff

But tbh, I didn’t like it the first time. Then I turned off the distractions and really sat and watched and listened and it was like my mind was blown.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I don’t get IMAX release strategy. Oppenheimer and MI are safe bets to fill seats

Barbie isn’t something people will be crying over seeing in IMAX.
As Puck points out, Oppenheimer had settled on its release date months before Dead Reckoning moved to its current release date. The competition from Nolan was always going to be there and the Oppenheimer filmmaker has had a long-standing relationship with IMAX. Oppenheimer being shot exclusively with IMAX cameras likely went a long way towards helping him secure such a lengthy exclusive window.

Easy work

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

It has no choice but to be successful. But I would have reservations as well, a 3 hour long drama in the middle of summer is a Nolan ego move. I don't think he intends for this to flop.

Daps
It has no choice but to be successful. But I would have reservations as well, a 3 hour long drama in the middle of summer is a Nolan ego move. I don't think he intends for this to flop.
I wish him luck. I plan on going to see this sometime this summer as it looks like a movie you have to see at the theater to appreciate. But at 3 hrs that limits the number of times it can play per day which will not help it in the long run I think.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I wish him luck. I plan on going to see this sometime this summer as it looks like a movie you have to see at the theater to appreciate. But at 3 hrs that limits the number of times it can play per day which will not help it in the long run I think.
I wouldn't be mad if I was wrong. He also has major backing, major cash for promo and 3 weeks at every IMAX in the country...

My issue is the content. Has anybody outside spoken about seeing this movie? Do we see the competing films he has to go up against? Does anyone really feel like going to watch a 3 hour drama anymore? I could be mistaken, but they usually don't gross like that. They usually flop and then pop up at the Oscars and clean up everything.

That's the success I think he's looking for this time. Grab those Oscars instead of grossing $500 million

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
A movie about a nerd who makes a big azz bomb. Is doubted, proves everyone wrong, regrets it, then is thrown in the bushes.

One cool fact, is they didn’t know what would happen when they tested it. They actually thought it could possibly destroy the planet and they tested it anyway.
i bet you like Fast and Furious movies

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I wouldn't be mad if I was wrong. He also has major backing, major cash for promo and 3 weeks at every IMAX in the country...

My issue is the content. Has anybody outside spoken about seeing this movie? Do we see the competing films he has to go up against? Does anyone really feel like going to watch a 3 hour drama anymore? I could be mistaken, but they usually don't gross like that. They usually flop and then pop up at the Oscars and clean up everything.

That's the success I think he's looking for this time. Grab those Oscars instead of grossing $500 million
Nolan won't be happy if his movie about a bomb, BOMBS. :francis:

If he juat wanted the acclaim, he should have just waited until later in the year to drop it. No pun.

I thought Dunkirk would bomb because it looked boring af. But his stans showed up.

Kurt off them percs

With Booker T wife
Daps
He's fukking over tom cruise with this IMAX screen situation.

Apparently he has all the IMAX screens booked for the first month or 2. I rather watching Mission impossible on IMAX than this Oppenheimer movie.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Nolan won't be happy if his movie about a bomb, BOMBS. :francis:

If he juat wanted the acclaim, he should have just waited until later in the year to drop it. No pun.

I thought Dunkirk would bomb because it looked boring af. But his stans showed up.
Dunkirk was an action movie, however boring... People will line up for those, especially WWII movies.. This is a drama.. If this was a movie about dropping the bomb, I wouldn't be questioning it

I'm thinking 300 million world wide (Dunkirk did 500)