Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
how many times do we have to tell these nikkas you aren’t going to see a movie you are going to an event, a moment in time that will never be replicated. To a visual experience from the da Vinci of our time, the Van Gogh of our era. A privilege that we will be able to tell our grandchildren and a memory that will never be forgotten :wow:
Louder :unimpressed:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nolan hasn’t made an R rated film in over a decade. Let’s not act like he’s just be putting out adult only fare making money.

Even Dunkirk was PG-13
I'm just saying, if any director can get away with dropping an R rated flick in the middle of the summer, it's Nolan. Is it risky? Yeah. But he's Nolan bruh. The modern day Jesus of Latterday Saints. The king of the convoluted. The maestro of the meticulous. The maniac of audio mixing.

He will succeed. And you will bow in shame.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm just saying, if any director can get away with dropping an R rated flick in the middle of the summer, it's Nolan. Is it risky? Yeah. But he's Nolan bruh. The modern day Jesus of Latterday Saints. The king of the convoluted. The maestro of the meticulous. The maniac of audio mixing.

He will succeed. And you will bow in shame.
I want Nolan to succeed telling good originals but let’s not act like Fincher ain’t goat tier status off a best selling worldwide book adaptation and still got tripped up

Daps
I mean that aint much better. Look like a limited edition back cover for Michael Jackson's BAD album
"Bum Bum Bum Ba Da".......... 3... 2.... 1...... Booooooommmmmmmm
cut to Michael "I'm Bad!" lol

:dead::dead:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It’s not even that. It’s the story itself. There’s nothing exciting about it. I doubt there will be a lot of action if any. It will be mostly dialogue driven.
Nolan has a dedicated base. First weekend will do numbers. Not sure after that if word of mouth isn't very strong but more than likely the movie will do well.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nolan has a dedicated base. First weekend will do numbers. Not sure after that if word of mouth isn't very strong but more than likely the movie will do well.
The coasts will watch it but the heartland....

If they feel like the movie is too wordy, or Intelligent, or English, they ain't gonna see it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It gives off The Good Sheppard vibes.

I thought 13 Days was a good movie, but a lot of people didn’t like it. People who go to movies are used to seeing a spectacle. The events leading up to the first nuclear test isn’t that.

Director name recognition is the only thing driving this.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It’s not even that. It’s the story itself. There’s nothing exciting about it. I doubt there will be a lot of action if any. It will be mostly dialogue driven.
It’s a biopic thriller on J. Robert Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb, not Mission Impossible. :what:

It sounds like it’s you that’s setting yourself up for disappointment.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It’s a biopic thriller on J. Robert Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb, not Mission Impossible. :what:

It sounds like it’s you that’s setting yourself up for disappointment.
Um no. I like movies like this.

But a lot of people who go to the movies during the summer expect action and explosions.

All I’m saying is this isn’t one of those movies unless the add fiction into the story. And honestly, this story is a dark time in history. It ushered in the nuclear arms race. AND Oppenheimer was one of the main opponents of the era. And in the end the government fukked him over. They accused him of being a Russian spy and destroyed his career.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Um no. I like movies like this.

But a lot of people who go to the movies during the summer expect action and explosions.

All I’m saying is this isn’t one of those movies unless the add fiction into the story. And honestly, this story is a dark time in history. It ushered in the nuclear arms race. AND Oppenheimer was one of the main opponents of the era. And in the end the government fukked him over. They accused him of being a Russian spy and destroyed his career.
You like movies like this, but there’s also “nothing exciting about it”. :unimpressed:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
It gives off The Good Sheppard vibes.

I thought 13 Days was a good movie, but a lot of people didn’t like it. People who go to movies are used to seeing a spectacle. The events leading up to the first nuclear test isn’t that.

Director name recognition is the only thing driving this.
Looks nothing like the good shepherd besides Matt Damon being in it.

And i love 13 Days, one of the most underrated political/war flicks ever made. I can watch that movie everytime it's on.

But once again, Nolan will elevate this type of movie and even if it disappoints, it will do decent numbers.