Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
its a movie about a nerd who makes a big azz bomb, what are you expecting? i expect no action beyond the detonating of the bomb
A movie about a nerd who makes a big azz bomb. Is doubted, proves everyone wrong, regrets it, then is thrown in the bushes.

One cool fact, is they didn’t know what would happen when they tested it. They actually thought it could possibly destroy the planet and they tested it anyway.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A movie about a nerd who makes a big azz bomb. Is doubted, proves everyone wrong, regrets it, then is thrown in the bushes.

One cool fact, is they didn’t know what would happen when they tested it. They actually thought it could possibly destroy the planet and they tested it anyway.

thats just disturbing to begin with.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I want Nolan to succeed telling good originals but let’s not act like Fincher ain’t goat tier status off a best selling worldwide book adaptation and still got tripped up
still comparing a dark movie released at Christmas to summer?

You know what else came out of Christmas and killed? Django unchained. And what do Tarantino and Nolan have in common?

even Nope (R rated) did decent last summer and Nolan is way more of a household name than peele

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
still comparing a dark movie released at Christmas to summer?

You know what else came out of Christmas and killed? Django unchained. And what do Tarantino and Nolan have in common?

even Nope (R rated) did decent last summer and Nolan is way more of a household name than peele
You really comparing an action comedy from a known R rated director to an R rated drama and a mid budget R Rated horror? Dragon is the closest comparison.

YOU CAN‘T JUST ADMIT R Rated DRAMAS AINT USUALLY BIG GROSSERS. Nolan is on an uphill battle even without putting it in summer. Good luck to him cause he‘s got some loyalist like you who will ride hard.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You really comparing an action comedy from a known R rated director to an R rated drama and a mid budget R Rated horror? Dragon is the closest comparison.

YOU CAN‘T JUST ADMIT R Rated DRAMAS AINT USUALLY BIG GROSSERS. Nolan is on an uphill battle even without putting it in summer. Good luck to him cause he‘s got some loyalist like you who will ride hard.
Nope is not a comedy. :dahell:

Nolan brought in a fukk ton of money with Dunkirk. I know it wasn't rated R but in most circumstances it would have been. Doubt him at your own peril

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
It’s a biopic thriller on J. Robert Oppenheimer and the development of the atomic bomb, not Mission Impossible. :what:

It sounds like it’s you that’s setting yourself up for disappointment.
When you put it like that why is it rated R?

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Um no. I like movies like this.

But a lot of people who go to the movies during the summer expect action and explosions.

All I’m saying is this isn’t one of those movies unless the add fiction into the story. And honestly, this story is a dark time in history. It ushered in the nuclear arms race. AND Oppenheimer was one of the main opponents of the era. And in the end the government fukked him over. They accused him of being a Russian spy and destroyed his career.
There's going to be explosions alright

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Nope is not a comedy. :dahell:

Nolan brought in a fukk ton of money with Dunkirk. I know it wasn't rated R but in most circumstances it would have been. Doubt him at your own peril
Peeps in denial. Nolan is an event filmmaker. I make jokes and mock him because he can be overrated and does weird shyt with his movies but dude has a faithful following for a reason and is way more prominent than a Fincher.

I would be shocked if this film is panned and or unsuccessful at the box office even being a 3hr long flick. Obviously the script better be fire with this kind of subject matter. We will see what he does with it.