Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
just popped in this thread and saw ppl saying this will flop

I don’t even like movies like that and haven’t watched one in YEARS . I’m strongly considering checking this out ..y’all underestimating this subject + the names attached
Barbie finna be a monster!!! ( Warner brothers discovery nicca!! @Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff ) and you really want to go against Tom cruise?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not going to be in here with criticisms, or not letting people enjoy what they love

but saw a preview for this the other night at the movies

and don't know if I can see this movie, love Nolan in some ways, appreciate the craft, and passion, but it looked irredeemably boring, three hours of building the H/A bomb whatever in the 1940's? and have seen every Nolan movie back to Following, and every movie since Insomnia in theaters

Nolan for sure read a book about this and decided to make it his next project.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not going to be in here with criticisms, or not letting people enjoy what they love

and don't know if I can see this movie, love Nolan in some ways, appreciate the craft, and passion, but it looked irredeemably boring, three hours of building the H/A bomb whatever in the 1940's? and have seen every Nolan movie back to Following, and every movie since Insomnia in theaters

Aye P

They're still doubting the gawd @wire28

i

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps

“A 3 hr movie about a fukking bomb…in the middle of summer…you’ve got to be kidding me”

That was my first thoughts when I heard the synopsis and saw the release date. Still haven’t copped a ticket, waiting for it to hit streaming.

Nolan been on some real pretentious shyt since Dunkirk, completely lost me with that convoluted movie Tenet. I expect this to be more of the same.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Coli brehs writing paragraphs on a film they haven't seen yet. We're about a week out from ratings out of 10 :troll:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
“A 3 hr movie about a fukking bomb…in the middle of summer…you’ve got to be kidding me”

That was my first thoughts when I heard the synopsis and saw the release date. Still haven’t copped a ticket, waiting for it to hit streaming.

Nolan been on some real pretentious shyt since Dunkirk, completely lost me with that convoluted movie Tenet. I expect this to be more of the same.

Yeah someone having reservations about this doesn't make one a mouthbreathing cretin who doesn't appreciate cinema. I respect Nolan a lot but outside of The Dark Knight and Memento he doesn't really make movies that I LOVE. He reminds me of Michelangelo Antonioni (R.I.P.) another director I respect a lot whose work leaves me cold.

I'm much more excited about the new David Fincher (The Killer), new Hirozaku Kore-eda (Monster), and yes, that new Greta Gerwig (Barbie). Barbie will likely be more fun, probably "deeper" and have more rewatch value. I understand people want to support this (i will likely still be copping a ticket for IMAX) because we need more mid-budget (ish) original movies like this.

Scorsese is my dawg but I'm iffy about Killers of the Flower Moon. Irishman was kinda boring and this also looks like more of the same.

Last edited: