Oppenheimer (Directed by Christopher nolan)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They must be okay with this flopping cause he agreed to direct something else for them.

No way would they think releasing an R film in summer makes a good idea. That's like Dragon Tattoo coming at Christmas.
Yes let's only make films for teenage boys in perpetuity :stopitslime:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
When you're Nolan, and you don't use CGI and know how to invert time, plant ideas in a dream, travel through a tesseract, and have time to paint a fukkin bat symbol high on a bridge after escaping a prison halfway around the world.....you can drop a fukking nuke!

Now turn up that music!

Louder!:unimpressed:
I think he literally said that he didn’t want to use CGI for that. I’ll look for it

Edit:

I was incorrect, it wasn’t a real nuke apparently. It was just enough explosives to simulate one :francis:

This was part of the video I watched on YouTube. I was digging through a rabbit hole of US black projects at the time. This video made it seems like it was a real nuke but don’t remember everything

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
When you're Chris Nolan, and your films don't flop unless a once in a hundred years virus plagues the earth, and you can get away with making your dialogue totally incoherent because the music is 10 times louder than it should be....you can drop a rated R drama in the middle of the summer without the studio batting an eye.
Nolan hasn’t made an R rated film in over a decade. Let’s not act like he’s just be putting out adult only fare making money.

Even Dunkirk was PG-13

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
R-rated horror movies release year round I don't understand your point
And the budget of those R rated horror flicks is what exactly?

i already said this is setting up like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo releasing in at Christmas with 90 million budget.you show me a similarly budgeted R rated drama releasing in summer that has done well?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

i already said this is setting up like Girl with the Dragon Tattoo releasing in at Christmas with 90 million budget.you show me a similarly budgeted R rated drama releasing in summer that has done well?
These auteurs don’t care about all that. They just wanna showcase their passion projects to the world.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Looks like it's pretty sold out across the country opening weekend in IMAX

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
These auteurs don’t care about all that. They just wanna showcase their passion projects to the world.
That’s good. But auteurs don’t fund their own movies. And we know directors make deals to get their passion projects. And it’s not like Nolan hasnt directed studio projects.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Looks like it's pretty sold out across the country opening weekend in IMAX
IMAX accounts for how much of screens in America? Summer is packed with releases. Release this is. August and it has weeks of being the best thing out.

This has Barbie and Mission Impossible sitting right around it.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps

And you know Universal was gonna throw Nolan a bag to make this movie. They needed to do what they needed to do to secure his services after his fallout with Warner Bros. That meant giving him a max contract and meeting all his demands for this movie. Now he's their franchise player. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
IMAX accounts for how much of screens in America? Summer is packed with releases. Release this is. August and it has weeks of being the best thing out.

This has Barbie and Mission Impossible sitting right around it.
Nolan is a draw by himself can't wait to see whatever bullshyt "arguments" you come up with next month

I just bought my ticket :blessed:

@wire28