Opinion: The PS5 made me hate PC gaming

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
And the demo is just kinda cool because it's playable and looks amazing, there's not much out there that looks like it at this time. I know you can't play it on the PC right now but I'm sure it would look great there too eventually.
Its Unreal Engine… can find plenty of Unreal Engine games on PC, since, you know, it was created originally on PC :unimpressed:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Most people who console game are broker individuals who arent in no damn office, thats all they can afford and they are usually retarded.

PCS cost too much argument in here :hula: people have entire home theatre set ups for their lil kid toy ... which is it ?

thats not why people care about framerate. You want high framerate because if you drop from 200 to 180 the game will still be smooth (maybe a lil tear at most) but if you drop from 60 to 40, like consoles, the game looks like a slide show and severely effects game performance.

1. Console players are 'broker'... ok, think what you think.

2. I never had cost/price as a reason to not get into PC gaming. When diving into a hobby I understand things can get expensive as they are niche products.

3. Sure, I agree, 180-200 its harder to notice than 40-60...but what are we talking about here? What game is running at 180-200 on PC (your example) and also running at 40-60 (your other comparative example) on Xbox Series X or PS5?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
3. Sure, I agree, 180-200 its harder to notice than 40-60...but what are we talking about here? What game is running at 180-200 on PC (your example) and also running at 40-60 (your other comparative example) on Xbox Series X or PS5?
Battlefield 2042 :mjgrin:

Which sets the tone for future high end games :mjgrin:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All i learned from this thread is that people still think you have to sit at a desk with a monitor to play a PC.

theres these cool lil hdmi ports on GPUs that you can use n play on a tv. Got my shyt hooked up to my LG OLED as of typin this.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Most companies develop with consoles first in mind and then release a shoddy pc port down the line. All of that 'extra pc power' is usually getting wasted making up for code that was optimized for consoles. Most of these developers aren't putting in the extra effort to really make the pc version special and take advantage of all the extra power. Right now Ps5 and series X look 'good enough'. Unless you need something like 120 fps, is it really worth paying all that extra to game on pc? Personally, I say no.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
ill tell you simply why PC is always better ... price or whatever excluded

you can simply steal any game you want to play to try out first
that has always made PC goat

even before friends list and online consoles
PC let you play with people online and before everyone was on cellphone
most houses had PC for the most part

No knock on any consoles, but PC is a no brainer. I can be downloading and preparing to play whatever on PC as I type this for free.
Then I can be like "I dont really fukk with this game" and just delete it, with my limitless storage space. The headaches consoles still work out, PC already solved. When people say nintendo and xbox have good indie games, PC already had that. Saying PC is mid makes no sense really. Even a low end GPU can get you playing most games.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All PC focused, all have sections about poor performance. You dudes just talk just to talk. I don't think you know what you're up against Young, fallback.

Meanwhile, on console...

:usure:

I don't think you understand what you just posted.
PS5 runs the game at 60 fps

60 fps on PC is considered a failure.
My battlefield runs at between 90-110 FPS@4k with DLSS...

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:usure:

I don't think you understand what you just posted.
PS5 runs the game at 60 fps

60 fps on PC is considered a failure.
My battlefield runs at between 90-110 FPS@4k with DLSS...

Did your man just tag-team you in?
He was talking about 180-200 vs 40-60.
I asked him to prove, he just started talking just to talk. I showed receipts.

By the way this game on PC has frame pacing issues on DX 12 which leads to an uneven experience. more consistent 60 >>> uneven 90-110 with frametimes dropping to 33.3ms

I got time today, I want the smoke. :mjlit:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
U nikkas in here comparing a Pc to a console are trippin. Not even remotely close to same experience.

I won’t knock anyone for playing console, but u ps5/XSX nikkas that shyt on ps4/xb1 nikkas are hypocritical as shyt. The difference in a good PC to next gen console is much larger than going from ps4 to ps5

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Did your man just tag-team you in?
He was talking about 180-200 vs 40-60.
I asked him to prove, he just started talking just to talk. I showed receipts.

By the way this game on PC has frame pacing issues on DX 12 which leads to an uneven experience. more consistent 60 >>> uneven 90-110 with frametimes dropping to 33.3ms

I got time today, I want the smoke. :mjlit:
You got the wrong watch then retard that been patched :mjgrin:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto