Opinion: The PS5 made me hate PC gaming

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the thing fellas. Cool, if the PC is the Bent, the Xbox SX and PS5 gotta be the Range Sport at least. Family vehicles with some of the finishes of the higher end, but not super expensive. Can still drive it to the grocery store and be cool, won't stand out too much but people will still appreciate it...and we all driving on the same roads anyways, same speed limits, same cops....to end the analogy what I am saying is the difference in the real world isn't great.

And in reference to the title of the article, I can see why some people prefer console gaming over PC gaming

Ps5 has the power of a 2080 super which is a graphics card that came out like 3 years ago..

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Consoles are catching up, but lucky for me I don’t just use my pc for gaming, I do editing, work stuff, watch movies on my ultra wide and whatever else I feel like doing. I didn’t build my PC for one singular purpose so for the price I paid I get way more miles and value out of it than my ps5.

Also I’m not limited to one company on PC or one generation.
In what reality are consoles catching up to PCs :gucci: pcs are already 2-4x better right now. In 1-2 years itll be 4-8x better, etc etc :gucci:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ps5 has the power of a 2080 super which is a graphics card that came out like 3 years ago..

Battlefield 2042 :gucci:

You guys are hilarious. I would do a better job posting against myself. You aren't even making compelling arguments for the PC as a platform.

Anyways, I dont want the smoke. You win.

I'm convinced, the PC is definitively better than consoles at this point in time. I can play every shooter with Xbox SX or PS5 settings at 120fps+ with smooth frame times, I can expect ultrawide support in every title, I can do my taxes, it has it all.

I will keep in touch with you guys in the PC thread when the big AAA titles come out at launch and its smooth sailing on the PC platform.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was told twice and still didn't note the italics.

Show me the PS5 or Xbox SX version of Apex legends.

I would show you myself, but unfortunately, they don't exist (...the same way that impressive looking UE 5 matrix demos don't exist on PC yet)

Ps5 been out for a year and there's still no ps5 version lmao..

There's a ps5 version of Destiny that runs 60fps but runs 144fps on pc

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ps5 been out for a year and there's still no ps5 version lmao..

There's a ps5 version of Destiny that runs 60fps but runs 144fps on pc

144fps you say :jbhmm:

(timestamped for you)

Maybe when looking at the sky, running through a hallway or with not much happening on-screen.

But is all good, I feel you guys. PC is where its at!

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

(timestamped for you)

Maybe when looking at the sky, running through a hallway or with not much happening on-screen.

:gucci: this is 4k though, consoles are playing FPS at 1080p :gucci: 1440 at best on some :gucci: I thought the argument was comparable settings :gucci: it doesnt even say computer specs in that video either :gucci: you are all over the place my son

This video is from 2017 and at 144 fps

:gucci:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

(timestamped for you)

He's not using NIS.. :mjlol: with NIS I'm getting 175fps

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
My only problem with a gaming pc, is I actually need my PC and TV, so I'll need to double up on both...

I need my pc for editing and work, so I needed a powerful computer. Now I can game on it on some high ass settings, but I can't game and work, but I can play the PS5 and work. I can't play ps5 and have a tv on, but I can stream on my pc if I want to have a game on, but play madden in the background on the tv. I can see my tv from my computer

Now to add a gaming computer, I'm going to need a whole other computer. Expensive as fukk right now to the point I refuse to pay quadruple the price for a card... And also, it's not going to look best on my 65 inch tv, so now I need a whole other monitor... From what y'all are saying... now 3? And where am I putting this? Am I really going into a dedicated room for gaming with a big ass desk and three screens, for hours a day, to justify this 2000-4000 dollar setup?

Or am I just gonna keep plugging in the ps5 and call it a day?