Opinion: The PS5 made me hate PC gaming

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It's not fair to compare consoles to pc. Consoles are good for people who are casual gamers. Playstation digital for $400 is a great deal for gaming. In about 2 years PS5 pro will drop and you'll be at a good spot.

5 years ago a lot of youtubers were on ps4 or xbox. The last 5 years damn near every youtuber you follow upgraded to pc..Now all these kids want pc and to some people It's expensive but my 14 year old nephew has a $1100 phone... This girl said her son wanted a pc for Christmas and I'm like get him a ps5 she said he wants a pc because the guy on youtube has one.. :mjlol:

I would never call anyone who spends $300+ on a device dedicated to play games 'casual'.

The streaming and content creator environment is much better on PC since it is a multi-purpose device, so it only make sense that top creators use it for a better/easier workflow.

Since AMD/Nvidia and their partners don't release sales numbers of video cards, its hard to gauge the overall popularity of gaming PC hardware vs consoles in a given timeframe.

Don't see how you can be a gamer and not ultimately want a gaming PC

It's like having the arcade at your house in the 90s,

You can't even play Racing games, flight games like Ace Combat how they are meant to be played on console, there's no three monitor support so you can see all the camera views, in front of you with two screens angled next to you

You can use Google Maps instead of Bing maps on Microsoft Flight Simulator and makes the game look way better and more realistic because google maps has HD textures and bing doesn't, the difference is ridiculous, and you can literally fly over your on house and see your car in the drive way

PC is for the game ethusiast, I'm transcened consoles, because are too limited

The reshade tool can instantly turn old games into incredible looking master pieces and you have full control over the direction of that in the settings

some people are lazy or don't want to take the time to figure out how to use such things, well you can just download presets other people made

120fps was the deal breaker for me never to return to consoles

Keep in mind I never believed in that frame rate crap until Playstation Pro, the light mode on Final Fantasy XV was far superior than the quality mode the game was much smoother and looked more life like, and keep in mind this 45 fps in 1080p

Same thing with God of War the higher frame rate was way better even though it wasn't even 60, this made me finally get a gaming a PC, and the difference was stark

Mass Effect Andromeda was unplayable for me on ps4, on PC the shyt was incredible to me, the HDR was slapping, 60fps at the time I never went back and played it 120fps, but it looked ten times better on max settings than the ps4 version it was like two different games

and you can only really tell the difference in person or find someone on youtube who actually has the hardware and knows how to upload

all those comparison videos are fake, and the images are compressed

And this Final Fantasy Remake exposed the consoles, they run in Dynamic Resolution even when the game isn't telling you

I heard people comment that on Tales of Arise 4k mode is barely a difference than the 1080p 60fps mode, I mean like what

I noticed this all playstation games the quality mode isn't a major difference visual from the performance so you should always choose performance,

that's because they run in dynamic resolution mode the whole time to target a frame rate that's how they get steady 30fps or 60fps on console

4k is a huge difference from 1440p especially if you are on a 4k screen, 1080p it's not even close, no way I could play 1080p on a 4k screen without some kind of upscaling feature like NIS or FSR

I downloaded the mod to remove dynamic resolution from Final Fantasy Remake on PC, and it looked incredible at the native resolution, the lazy port was a straight ps5 move over and they exposed the dynamic resolution that's always there but never tells you or can be enabled or disabled in the settings

All I say is this I ain't mad at console gamers, if you don't want to spend the money on PC its fine, I appreciate consoles for keeping the gaming market alive, so that I can have the higher level experience on PC, I just don't want a console anymore because its hard to go back to 60fps and below without all the bells and whistles, the ambient inclusion and dynamic shadows in PC settings make a huge difference on a game visually

From the first sentence, this post was full of hyperbole. There are legit reasons why someone would prefer consoles to PC.
  • Office/Desk fatigue - For people out here with jobs, they use their PCs in an office or home office like set up. Sitting/standing in that area all day and then using it after hours for leisure may not give enough separation from their work experience. (Don't mention running cables to the TV because I assume that length of cable doesn't exist since all you guys have 4K and 144Hz monitors, multi-monitors with the GPUs to power them, I assume you are living in mansions with east and west wings)
  • Home theatre - This is similar to above, some people have home theatre set ups and they prefer the large screen, surround sound experience for their games over the customizability PC brings. (Windows/Geforce/Radeon do a horrible job at managing modern surround sound systems)
  • Diminishing returns - A lot of people don't understand or downplay how real this is. The higher your base resolution and the higher your framerate, the less important increases above that become. Increases in res and framerate are not linear, they are exponential and they matter exponentially less the higher you go. (1440p - 4K is noticeable but less so than 1080p-1440p, 120Hz - 144Hz is a difference of ~1.4ms)
  • Dynamic resolutions - These can change frame by frame. It is hard to tell differences when playing unless you stop and look for it...and at that point, are you still playing?
  • Ease of use - Consoles and PCs are closer than ever, but its still easier and less hassle to use a console vs a PC. There is a certain amount of research 'enthusiast' PC players do before even playing the game. Trying to find the quality/performance sweet spot. This is evidenced on reddit/youtube/steam forums with every big release. People have limited time and they just want to play games. No time for driver updates, forcing DX11 on unoptimized DX12 games, fiddling through visual settings, sitting there frustrated when games don't support your ultrawide monitor, trying to get gysnc/freesync to work, trying to get the Game Pass versions of games to work, waiting for then downloading mods to fix bad PC ports, beta channel updates for bad Steam PC ports, posting on Steam forums to figure out why the game isnt performing as expected on your system, etc. All of these things take the user away from playing the game and are barriers for them getting back into gaming
Those are off the top. Some people just don't have the patience or time for all that.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The CX is the first OLED with the advanced AI chip though, that's why you don't hear people reporting about burn in with those TVs

I got got the insurance with best buy because the TV is expensive, if it was a defect or the shyt breaks for whatever reason I'm covered, the burn in is just what best buy offers, probably because its not an issue with the CX, and C1, and the newest model

plus next years model will be even better

They'll say that about every model and 3 years later is when you get the burn in. Advanced chip my ass. Every LG TV has pixel refresh and the same bullshyt that's supposed to move the image. You'll be back in a year or 2 like damn nikka was right.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Office/Desk fatigue - For people out here with jobs, they use their PCs in an office or home office like set up. Sitting/standing in that area all day and then using it after hours for leisure may not give enough separation from their work experience. (Don't mention running cables to the TV because I assume that length of cable doesn't exist since all you guys have 4K and 144Hz monitors, multi-monitors with the GPUs to power them, I assume you are living in mansions with east and west wings)

Most people who console game are broker individuals who arent in no damn office, thats all they can afford and they are usually retarded.

Home theatre - This is similar to above, some people have home theatre set ups and they prefer the large screen, surround sound experience for their games over the customizability PC brings. (Windows/Geforce/Radeon do a horrible job at managing modern surround sound systems)

PCS cost too much argument in here :hula: people have entire home theatre set ups for their lil kid toy ... which is it ?
Diminishing returns - A lot of people don't understand or downplay how real this is. The higher your base resolution and the higher your framerate, the less important increases above that become. Increases in res and framerate are not linear, they are exponential and they matter exponentially less the higher you go. (1440p - 4K is noticeable but less so than 1080p-1440p, 120Hz - 144Hz is a difference of ~1.4ms)
thats not why people care about framerate. You want high framerate because if you drop from 200 to 180 the game will still be smooth (maybe a lil tear at most) but if you drop from 60 to 40, like consoles, the game looks like a slide show and severely effects game performance.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I have a 2070 Super STUPID fukk

And a 3950x processor :umad:
Oh, I see. Well 3 years strong with that one. You’ll be good with another 3 years I guess. As long as you can out perform a box that cost the same as your card and gloat to strangers on the internet about it :wow:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would never call anyone who spends $300+ on a device dedicated to play games 'casual'.

The streaming and content creator environment is much better on PC since it is a multi-purpose device, so it only make sense that top creators use it for a better/easier workflow.

Since AMD/Nvidia and their partners don't release sales numbers of video cards, its hard to gauge the overall popularity of gaming PC hardware vs consoles in a given timeframe.

From the first sentence, this post was full of hyperbole. There are legit reasons why someone would prefer consoles to PC.
  • Office/Desk fatigue - For people out here with jobs, they use their PCs in an office or home office like set up. Sitting/standing in that area all day and then using it after hours for leisure may not give enough separation from their work experience. (Don't mention running cables to the TV because I assume that length of cable doesn't exist since all you guys have 4K and 144Hz monitors, multi-monitors with the GPUs to power them, I assume you are living in mansions with east and west wings)
  • Home theatre - This is similar to above, some people have home theatre set ups and they prefer the large screen, surround sound experience for their games over the customizability PC brings. (Windows/Geforce/Radeon do a horrible job at managing modern surround sound systems)
  • Diminishing returns - A lot of people don't understand or downplay how real this is. The higher your base resolution and the higher your framerate, the less important increases above that become. Increases in res and framerate are not linear, they are exponential and they matter exponentially less the higher you go. (1440p - 4K is noticeable but less so than 1080p-1440p, 120Hz - 144Hz is a difference of ~1.4ms)
  • Dynamic resolutions - These can change frame by frame. It is hard to tell differences when playing unless you stop and look for it...and at that point, are you still playing?
  • Ease of use - Consoles and PCs are closer than ever, but its still easier and less hassle to use a console vs a PC. There is a certain amount of research 'enthusiast' PC players do before even playing the game. Trying to find the quality/performance sweet spot. This is evidenced on reddit/youtube/steam forums with every big release. People have limited time and they just want to play games. No time for driver updates, forcing DX11 on unoptimized DX12 games, fiddling through visual settings, sitting there frustrated when games don't support your ultrawide monitor, trying to get gysnc/freesync to work, trying to get the Game Pass versions of games to work, waiting for then downloading mods to fix bad PC ports, beta channel updates for bad Steam PC ports, posting on Steam forums to figure out why the game isnt performing as expected on your system, etc. All of these things take the user away from playing the game and are barriers for them getting back into gaming
Those are off the top. Some people just don't have the patience or time for all that.

$300 gaming is casual. A pair of sneakers are fukking $200.. A nike hoody is $150.. A iphone is $1100.. If you spend under $1500 to game you're a casual breh.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Oh, I see. Well 3 years strong with that one. You’ll be good with another 3 years I guess. As long as you can out perform a box that cost the same as your card and gloat to strangers on the internet about it :wow:

I mean, being good for another 3 years is better than buying something today thats already out dated and larry holmes status like the PS5 :manny:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I mean, being good for another 3 years is better than buying something today thats already out dated and larry holmes status like the PS5 :manny:
That Matrix demo showed some things with these consoles if everything was done right. Tech specs might be "outdated" but that's never been the whole story no matter what system your on.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That Matrix demo showed some things with these consoles if everything was done right. Tech specs might be "outdated" but that's never been the whole story no matter what system your on.

Isnt that the argument you are trying to make against me :russ:

Matrix Demo is just Unreal Engine :dahell: which games are already made on :dahell: Yall dont even know what you are looking at, even when its in front of your face :dahell: that wont save your peasant station

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I know, fukk facts and stats and data and shyt :mjlol: lets just revolve our lives around the arcadium and base popularity on that :mjlol:

That train is never late. :wow:

The bolded is a big one for me on PC gaming. I sit at my desk all day for work, and I just want something different when I get time for gaming.

That, and I grew up with PC gaming in the early 90s to early 2000s. I'm not really missing the experience, but I'm not out here calling people crazy for enjoying it.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Isnt that the argument you are trying to make against me :russ:

Matrix Demo is just Unreal Engine :dahell: which games are already made on :dahell: Yall dont even know what you are looking at, even when its in front of your face :dahell: that wont save your peasant station
You quoted me first. My only argument was a PS5/Series X at regular price is better than a 3070 at whatever price it is right now ($1600???).

And the demo is just kinda cool because it's playable and looks amazing, there's not much out there that looks like it at this time. I know you can't play it on the PC right now but I'm sure it would look great there too eventually.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You quoted me first. My only argument was a PS5/Series X at regular price is better than a 3070 at whatever price it is right now ($1600???).

And the demo is just kinda cool because it's playable and looks amazing, there's not much out there that looks like it at this time. I know you can't play it on the PC right now but I'm sure it would look great there too eventually.
your only argument is regular price is better than scalper price :unimpressed:
Which makes no sense because majority of people have to buy ps5 at scalper prices as well :unimpressed:

The mind of a peasant I guess :unimpressed: