Only doing 225 on bench appreciation thread

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
not just that but to build an initial strength base

id like to think strength gains are similar to a logarithmic curve

and from personal experience hypertrophy(sarcoplasmic) only seem to shine if you already have a decent strength base

spliff already knows, im going to put you all to shame by the end of the summer once ive started bulking, MMSex gonna show you all about them light skin genetics
15i5get.jpg

:huhldup:

:what:

:sitdown:

:childplease:

:usure:

:birdman:

:beli:

:mjpls:

:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh...havnt went over 225 for repping in 6-7 years...

me.jpg

My reps went up month by month until finally i couldnt get past 17 reps in the weight range of 168-172. Im at the shape and weight i want though so i wont ever go over 225 unless in the future i WANT to gain more weight (which i dont see happening. I have been able to do these numbers for years and i peaked...i dont go over because i feel im at the size ive always wanted...i could easily look more "cut" because i literally eat what i want as is...only thing i watch is my protein intake...which i supplement with protein shakes.

I can max twice my body weight...how many people can honestly say that? People saying not going over 225 wont get you max gains are only talking out of a book or some other persons words...im happy with my personal experience of it being false.

I weigh 170 as we speak and i can bench 225 16 times on command..no spot (1st set)..i was 168 in that picture doing 14-16 reps.

Ive been lifting at the same gym for 5 years and have yet to meet somebody at my height and weight thats stronger than me on the bench. I know theres out there obviously but id say thats pretty good for sticking with 225.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
I'm going to start switching it up every couple months back n forth between dumbbells and barbell. I thought it was just me who's shoulders be killin when going heavy w barbell

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the key to gaining more reps month to month is lifting til failure in every set. I never understood why people go in with a set number of reps they're going to do and stop at that number when they could do more. I lift til failure on every set of every excersizes I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes
210 reps, right. :childplease:

intense workout breh,
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/circuit-training-ideas-785133.html

Here's an EZ excusive (maybe it isn't exclusive)

I'll do an all 21's workout for a few weeks; the concept is every set is 21 reps...Let's say you're doing barbell curls (not in the squat rack!) You start with a lighter max & do 7 reps, drop the weight, do 7 more, drop again, do 7 more = 21 reps, rest (minimal rest though)......for the 2nd set you start the 1st 7 with the weight from the 2nd 7 on the 1st set, and so on....Then you'd go to sayyyyy hammer curls and do the same thing....etc

Sometimes I'll combine that^^^^^ with interval cardio...the difference is that after each 21 rep set, you jump on the eliptical or treadmill or bike for a 5 minute, high speed mini-cardio session.....you're basiclly doing cardio in 5 minute (Yes) intervals with the 21's....