Only doing 225 on bench appreciation thread

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

^^Kinda like that....cause I get bored just doing the bike for 2 sets of 10 minutes, then walking 2 sets of 10 minutes, other cardio like that...wasn't familiar with the "circular"terminology but thats what I've been trying to implement lately.....

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/weight-training-weight-lifting/circuit-training-ideas-785133.html

would u do that for all muscle groups - i was thinking something more along the lines of this...

20 Minutes Circuit Workout
(*choose light weights for max reps)
1) Bench press* or pushups - max in 1:00
2) Squats - max in 1:00
3) Pullups or pulldowns - 1:00
4) Bike or jog - 3:00
5) Military press* - 1:00
6) Lunges - 1:00 each leg
7) Bicep curls - 1:00
8) Bike or jog - 3:00
9) Tricep extensions.- 1:00
10) Leg ext - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat squats with weights)
11) Leg curls - 1:00 (requires leg machines - or repeat lunges with weights)
12) Situps - 2:00
13) Crunches - 2:00

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Originally Posted by Demonic Jenkins

Ive been lifting at the same gym for 5 years and have yet to meet somebody at my height and weight thats stronger than me on the bench. I know theres out there obviously but id say thats pretty good for sticking with 225.
Got lucky there......

I guarantee i'd out lift you in everything else....

I was benching at 225x10 a few months back. Then Ski-hat had his accident and I scrapped benching for a while....
..and I guarantee you won't...I'm strong in every excerise I do consistantly...care to challenge with video? Lol. If you are close in weight that is. If you talk all this and you're like 180-200...then u might be able to do more.

I know for sure not chest and shoulders...I'm a monster in both...arms are crazy right now as well. I'm pretty sure you could get me there..I've slacked a lot in that area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I do 21's. 5 sets of 21reps using 225lbs both flatbench and incline. Im 6'4 260 now

tumblr_kudj1dFTrj1qzvqipo1_400.png

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It all depends on one's personal fitness goals. I've seen people serious into power lifting do over 500 lbs. My max is 285 lbs.

Just had shoulder surgery and also found out I have osteo-arthritis in that shoulder, so I think my 225 lbs days are over.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
..and I guarantee you won't...I'm strong in every excerise I do consistantly...care to challenge with video? Lol. If you are close in weight that is. If you talk all this and you're like 180-200...then u might be able to do more.

I know for sure not chest and shoulders...I'm a monster in both...arms are crazy right now as well. I'm pretty sure you could get me there..I've slacked a lot in that area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've dropped vids in the past breh.....

I'm no bench press and curler...

I don't care for arms too much, that's too easy. I focus on everything else. Back, shoulders, quads and abs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOnPt7nFvN0

Right now: I'm working on getting low enough to touch the sides....

I'm 5'9 @ 168-170ish

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
What type?

I may be joining you soon :to:
I don't know what I did, I think I pushed it with bench press. If I moved my shoulder in just the right position while sitting at my work desk, I felt this really small pop, like cracking your knuckle on your hand. But then the pain was intense, like a 8 out of 10 like Mike Tyson just punched the inside of my shoulder.
Arthroscopic surgery to fix a labral tear. They cleaned up cartilage to smooth it out too. MRI showed osteo-arthritis. Arthrospope pictures show osteoarthritis too.
I have to lay off weight lifting unless I want a shoulder replacement in the future. Big bummers.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I don't know what I did, I think I pushed it with bench press. If I moved my shoulder in just the right position while sitting at my work desk, I felt this really small pop, like cracking your knuckle on your hand. But then the pain was intense, like a 8 out of 10 like Mike Tyson just punched the inside of my shoulder.
Arthroscopic surgery to fix a labral tear. They cleaned up cartilage to smooth it out too. MRI showed osteo-arthritis. Arthrospope pictures show osteoarthritis too.
I have to lay off weight lifting unless I want a shoulder replacement in the future. Big bummers.

Yup, same procedure I'm lined up for should I opt to to through with it.

Mine is from hs/college athletics tho (football most likely). Been hurtin on and off for years since, and lol the popping and clicking is an everyday thing for me. Can't BB bench over 225 without discomfort, which is partly why I dropped it. I initially thought it was just an impingement til it started hurting with sleep or when I'm just standing still randomly. Standard PT protocols didn't do much.

shyts a long ass road to recovery, breh. I can't work without a strong/stable arm either :to:

How long ago was the op?

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
lmao thats the #1 thing that shows me somebody is a rook

*comes in swinging arms in a circle*

*goes straight to machine*

:smugdraper:
I've been lifting for almost two years and go to failure on every set. practically no warming up. I'll stretch alil while heading to the weights, that about it. I lift during lunch and dont have time for all that shyt.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
lmao thats the #1 thing that shows me somebody is a rook

*comes in swinging arms in a circle*

*goes straight to machine*

lol prob because they started that routine (or lack thereof) with lighter weight, thought it was all good... and never thought twice about it weeks and months later while building up to heavier stuff.. never understanding why they have them random muscle aches and pains and nagging injuries