Only doing 225 on bench appreciation thread

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
dumbells at my gym only go up to 150. how nikka pose to bench 300+ without using a barbell. dbs for bodybuilding and bb for strength/athleticism.

:rudy: Dumb nikka....dumbell 2x150 does NOT equal 300 on the barbell...I've read that you can only do 60-70% with dumbbells compared to the bar.

kpeezybaby

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im all for not doing dumb sh1t at the gym and not overestimating your strength, but if you aint gonna push yourself whats the point of doing an exercise?

Ya'll better of just getting rid of bb bench press for some other sh1t or saving it til the end of your workout as a finisher...

Shiiiiiiittttttt i couldnt imagine sticking to the same weight on an exercise for longer than month.

I was benching 225 for easy reps when i was 17:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im all for not doing dumb sh1t at the gym and not overestimating your strength, but if you aint gonna push yourself whats the point of doing an exercise?

Ya'll better of just getting rid of bb bench press for some other sh1t or saving it til the end of your workout as a finisher...

Shiiiiiiittttttt i couldnt imagine sticking to the same weight on an exercise for longer than month.

What's your stats? Height and weight? I bet pound for pound you can't fukk with me on the bench even wigh me sticking with 225. My thing is..I'm already at the size I want to be..I just want to maintain it. But I've yet to meet one person that doesn't compete professionally that can do what I do on the bench at my weight...I was 168 hitting 17 reps at 225 1st at one point...no spot..crazy condition..I got the pictures to prove it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
i do both heavy and light on both db and bb.

only do heavy bb w a good spot.

semtex

:)
Daps

I mean...it's just bench press. deadlifts and squats are what I really focus on improving

kpeezybaby

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's your stats? Height and weight? I bet pound for pound you can't fukk with me on the bench even wigh me sticking with 225. My thing is..I'm already at the size I want to be..I just want to maintain it. But I've yet to meet one person that doesn't compete professionally that can do what I do on the bench at my weight...I was 168 hitting 17 reps at 225 1st at one point...no spot..crazy condition..I got the pictures to prove it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
But whats the logic to you just sticking to 225?

What if you weren't satisfied with your chest development??? Would u still stick with just 225??

Would you give the same advice for squat and deadlift since technically does exercises are much more dangerous and easier to fukk up????

Do you believe its necessary to go heavy at all??

What if you were benching 225 for 40....would you eventually bump it to 245???

Im glad u reached your goals breh, and your apparently content with the way you look, but half these cats aint gone get the chest they want by just sticking to 225, especially if you weight more than 168.

And i have competed so i guess im disqualified from all comparisons to you.

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
:rudy: Dumb nikka....dumbell 2x150 does NOT equal 300 on the barbell...I've read that you can only do 60-70% with dumbbells compared to the bar.

you're correct! dumbbells you can do way less weight because it's more difficult than using that trash barbell :rudy: the barbell you can cheat by using one side of your body to pull the bar up more so than the other weak side, opposed to dumbbells it's both separate and you need to use both sides separately instead of together to do those reps!

semtex

:)
Daps
dumbells at my gym only go up to 150. how nikka pose to bench 300+ without using a barbell. dbs for bodybuilding and bb for strength/athleticism.
you would slide off the bench and snap ya shyt up messin with them 150's

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
bench was my favorite thing in college and i lived and breathed that shyt almost every day. at 6'2, 185 lbs i was reppin 225 21 times. my goal at the time was to match dwight howard because they had mentioned on one televised game how the nygga could rep it 25 times, and i was like fukk it i can get there lol. but i ended up just moving on to other workouts and concentrating more on legs, plyos, and core stability.

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
my shoulders kill me if i go heavier than 225, not worth it.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Barbell is overall better than dumbbells. Any good trainer will tell you that.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Barbell is overall better than dumbbells. Any good trainer will tell you that.

rampage_stare.gif